Chapter 1 - Angel Reckless

Chapter 1 - Angel Reckless

A Chapter by Darina Raven
"

Chapter One.

"

Chapter One - Angel Reckless

 

The Present Day

 

Skye's hands gripped the fence infront of her, normal, teenage humans walking past her, unaware of her hidden presence. If she were human, she would be attending this school, talking to her friends, gossiping about the weeks most recent events. But she wasn't human. And she deffinatley wasn't normal. After a few moments passed, a group of boys huddled infront of Skye, seeking refuge from the view of teachers. She held no intrest for them. Her prey was but a few feet away, his arm linked with a short blonde girl. A sly, sinister smile creeped its way onto her face.

For what seemed like the millionth time, she was glad of her invisibility charm necklace.

Making sure the charm was active, Skye unfurled her wings, a flood of joy coursing through her. She powered off the ground, her delicate, large, white wings flapping behind her. The boys below her visibly shivered at the wind her wings created, holding on to their caps and shielding their eyes, attempting to find the sorce of such a wind. Their confused and panicked expressions made Skye smile even more. The only thing she loved more than death was fear.

Swooping down, she landed gracefully beside the boy, and whispered into his ear. He froze, his eyes empty, his expression blank.

"Now now," she said, "your little friend here looks rather suspicious, don't you think? She keeps looking at that filthy boy over by the apple tree." She noticed his eyes twitch towards the apple tree, towards a fair haired boy with broad shoulders.

"Come on, you know it's true. How else do you explain the way she dissapears every weekend?" Skye's smile was huge now, and next to her the girl was trying to get his attention, her eyes panicked.

Skye pressed her lips against his cheek, and released the boy from her grip. She slid her wings down and into her body, and pulled on her coat, concealing the back of her cut shirt. After walking a few steps and concealing herself from the other students, she held the thick symbol that hung from her neck in her hand, and felt her invisibility veil lift.

Looking around again, Skye could see her old self fitting in perfectly here, jogging through the crowds, late for her next class. Her old self would be with one or two close friends, not even close to being 'popular', as they called it here. Thankfully, Skye was nothing like what she used to be. Not sweet, innocent and secretive. No. She was wild, reckless and pure evil.

She stopped, and then turned around. What she saw brung yet another smile to her lips. Her prey had his arms crossed, glaring down at his girlfriend. Their friends had parted, leaving the two of them beside the outdoor tables. The blonde girl stamped her foot on the floor, crossed her arms, and turned to walk away from her boyfriend, and towards Skye. She looked frustrated, her mascara in streaks down her cheeks, her bottom lip quivering slightly. After a failed attempt of concealing her smile, Skye settled for turning the other way, pretending to look at the cluster of boys she'd seen before.

Once the girl had passed, Skye turned back, and looked towards her prey. Closing her eyes, she reached into his mind, plucking through his thoughts.

Stupid idiot. I knew he was after my girl! Charlotte. How could you?

 Skye heaved a sigh. She'd partly expected this to happen. Human's got themselves involved with angels - often a guardian - and would therefore be off-limits to any other angel. Even an Angel of Fear like Skye. 

She turned her back to the boy, and stomped off, cursing, to hide behind the bike shed. From there, she would activate her invisibility, and fly to the nearest pure soul she could find - no matter how much they meant to the Lights.



© 2011 Darina Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, you could have fooled me. At ifrst i thought she was a nice angel, but I see now i was wrong. Her pray-prey
sorce-source


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011
Tags: Angels, Fallen, Romance, Dark, Love


Author

Darina Raven
Darina Raven

Newcastle, North East, United Kingdom



About
Well, you seem to have found my profile. How did you end up here? Commenting on my story, perhaps? If you're looking for information about me, then I suggest you send me a message. I'm not comfort.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Darina Raven


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Darina Raven