Left You Sleeping

Left You Sleeping

A Poem by Quasi-Motorolla
"

A note I left a sleeping lover.

"
Sorry I left you sleeping alone this morning, but you sleep so sweet, your palm resting your cheek as the patio blinds swing softly to the hum of the air conditioner letting rays of golden light dance along your body, the sun fights the blinds for the privilege. I wanted to wake you, pull you close, wrap yourself in me, for to cuddle you is to cradle the star-hewn beauty of the moon. So rest yourself a while more, let the light and wind distend their discord, further their fray to lightly touch an angel’s face. Fill the room with your breath so that even after you’ve left I can feel you in my lungs. Hug the pillows and wrap your body tight in the bedding so that I can feel you when I lay where you were, so that I can smell you when I close my eyes and maybe you may find your way into my dreams so I can once again lay beside you to the tune of storms hissing static through the screen door.

© 2015 Quasi-Motorolla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on July 16, 2015
Last Updated on July 16, 2015
Tags: Romance, love

Author

Quasi-Motorolla
Quasi-Motorolla

Lincoln, NE



About
I have always really enjoyed writing but I put so much of myself in my writing that it has always been difficult to share with people I know so I am trying a new approach; sharing with people that I d.. more..

Writing