The Moon Eclipsed the Sun: She Eclipsed All

The Moon Eclipsed the Sun: She Eclipsed All

A Poem by Quasi-Motorolla
"

A short poetic story of a previous lover and I watching an eclipse and falling for each other.

"

As the moon fell behind the shadow of the earth we fell to the ground but I didn’t stop there, I fell further, for her. The earth cradled us as it eclipsed the sun, penumbral light leaking around the darkened sphere, immaculate inception, a new-found obsession blooms, not in the halo of the moon but of the orbicular hewn pale fire that she hides beneath closed eyes, resting in my arms. The liquor on her lips, the fire in her kiss keeping me warm as the wind whispers warnings of winter, the sweet taste of her, smoldering cinders of a fire I hope will grow, a desire I have never known.

Oh Chronos keep your hands, still the cosmos for just a moment more, can you stop the turning of the cogs at this great watch’s core just long enough to lose us in limbo in a lovers embrace. Eye of Ra, I invoke thee, stay the sun so that this serene scene may subsist. Khonsu, please bear your lunar burden one more minute as she wraps around my arm, her back bowing to the spoon of the moon, the arching crescent waxes bright, blooming wide, wrapping the shadow of the world within its arms. The splendor of auroral light painting us against the backdrop of blanket and grass but the smile on her face eclipses even the beauty of the stars.

© 2016 Quasi-Motorolla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love is as much a supernatural force as anything else in the universe

The idea of truly being engulfed into this particular human being
and be totally into their every single breath

its a soulful experience

cool write

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful work!! You did great! Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: Eclipse, love, time

Author

Quasi-Motorolla
Quasi-Motorolla

Lincoln, NE



About
I have always really enjoyed writing but I put so much of myself in my writing that it has always been difficult to share with people I know so I am trying a new approach; sharing with people that I d.. more..

Writing