Her key

Her key

A Poem by ~The Queen~

 

She sits in class waiting for that bell to ring her to freedom. The noise of the children around her sound clearly and yet muffled in her head, confusing her co-ordination. This should be easy, she mutters to herself, it shouldn’t be this hard. But that’s what life is; hard and unfair. At least in her lifetime and boy did it feel never-ending.
She stares at her screen, the little blinking line taunting her, daring her mess her life up. Her hands sit shaking her lap, twisting over and over again, pulling at the fingers. She looks around, nervous someone might find her spilling her heart out into a PC, willing her pain away and wishing someone would pick up on it. I don’t need anyone finding out, she mumbled over the keyboard. No reply.
More file into the room, shrinking her chances of getting away with murder. It won’t be murder, it’ll be suicide.
Her fingers itch to write it down, the dreaded words that would end her sad existence. Her hands, moving of their own accord, started the long climb to the board, slipping over the comforting keys, rejoicing in the familiarities of the clicks and clacks of her life running away.
 
I don’t know exactly how to say what I want so I’m not.
I’m just going to tell you how I feel (which is different)
 
Her hands paused, afraid of the emotions about to course through them, happy to be free of the binding of her heart strings.
 
When I see you, my heart aches, so much so that I can’t breathe
when you look at me I think you see me, but you don’t
 
I want to change that. I want to be the one you ache after, as I have for you for so long.
I want to be the girl that trapes through your mind when you lay down to sleep.
 
Her face twisted in fear and her hands flying in excitement, she starts her crime, killing herself ever so slowly; one word at a time.
 
Your smile is inviting and you never seem to be mad.
I want your strength
I NEED your strength
I don’t think I’ll make it without you
 
My breath, even now, comes in short gasps and my hands tremble at the thought of your lips on mine.
I feel entombed in my mind, waiting for the key that will let me out.
I’m afraid to talk, afraid to BE who I am.
 
You have the key.
 
Her hands stilled, her mind calm as the weather before the storm. There. Now all that she had to do was wait for the final blow, the final strike that would strip her life from her; that would rob her of all breath.
 
 

 

© 2009 ~The Queen~


Author's Note

~The Queen~
I need to edit still but please, tell me your thoughts. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great read. i like teh word choice you used. You made your character come to life. Nice work. I hope to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story is amazing, It starts off gaining the perfect grip on the reader and dosen't let go until the end. It also evokes an incredible amount of emotion in the reader.

Great read.

- Neo

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2009

Author

~The Queen~
~The Queen~

Welland, Canada



About
Poems are the gateway to the heart and the soul. It's taken me far too long to realize this. Anything further just send a message or join my group and you'll find out. more..

Writing
Jane Dyer Jane Dyer

A Story by ~The Queen~