My Choice

My Choice

A Chapter by Queen_of_Winter
"

This is the chapter where he finally makes his decision to become a brute of strength, instead of magick.

"

    Aiden smiled miraculously as he jammed his sword into the moist soil that had been recently fertilized, by human farmers. He rolled up his sleeves as he felt his magic flare. The sword only weakened him, for he was a dark elf. Their professions were only of magic, not brutality.


    "Alright, let's give them a little help." He squatted down inches from the ground. He pressed his thick fingers into the dirt and released the life of his element into the pods that held the small growing plants. Before him, the plants began to sprout from the ground, as he watched he ripped his hands from the wet soil and grinned.


    "That should give them a head start." His dark skin brightened a bit from the sudden release of his magic. Silently, he pulled himself to his feet weakly. Giving plants a head start was very irritating, because it made Aiden feel as if he was allowing the Dark Gods to suck the life out of him.

 

•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•-•||•

 

    "I want it no more, mother." Aiden protested angrily, giving his mother a look that only she knew was truthful. He plopped down in the vine made bench that grew from the side of their large oak tree home. His golden eyes looked up at her pleadingly, he didn't belong a user of magic, so he thought.

   

    "You were born a Dark Elf for a reason; the goddess has a plan for you, and for everyone born." His mother replied sitting next to him. She wished for her eldest son to understand what she was saying, but she knew he wouldn't listen. He was as stubborn as his father. She crouched down below him with her arms on his knees.


    "My son, listen to me. I beg you." She pleaded.


    "Mom, when I use it... I am completely drained, and I can only squeeze a little from myself to give to the plants... that is all I can do, nothing else!" He groaned trying to make her aware of what he was going through. Every ounce of power he could conjure wasn't enough to even save him, or create a vine weapon burly enough to take down Lord Overin himself.


    "Darling, you have a purpose, and we will find that purpose. Even...ev-even if we have to go to the Oracles to find out that purpose." She had immediately made a promise to her son the moment she said those words.  Her bright eyes promised him to him as well.


    "Promise?" He asked playing with the thread that loosened on the side of his pants near his knee. Aiden looked up at his mother, and his stomach let loose a growl all across Flëign could hear it.


    "I promise sweetheart." She ran her slender fingers through his hair and laid her head in his lap.
   
    "So... when can we go to the Oracle?" Aiden grinned sitting up farther on the bench.


© 2012 Queen_of_Winter


Author's Note

Queen_of_Winter
What do you guys think... >.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 16, 2012