M.I.A. Dad

M.I.A. Dad

A Poem by QuietStorm
"

"Abandonment by a father"

"

One of the hardest things to deal with is the feeling of abandonment, especially when it is a parent...

I forgave you for not showing up to get a glimpse of the life you created.

I forgave you for not being there on that day when doctors said tomorrow is a bleak as a blink in the sky.

I forgave you for acting like you did not even know that her precious body contained your DNA.

I forgave you for not being there on all those birthdays, Christmas's, and Easter's that went by.

I forgave you each and every time doctors thought she would die and you could not even offer a sigh and all you could do is reply..."What is there I can do today that I can't do tomorrow?"

I forgive you each and every time she asks, "What did daddy do when the doctor put me in his arms."

I taught her to love you even though you were not there to witness her first cry.

I taught her to care for you even though you did not care enough to pick up the phone once a week just to speak.

I taught her to pray for you because every little girl secretly desires to be the apple of her daddy's eye.

I taught her to reach out to you, be kind to you, hold on to you, and cherish you.

I taught her all these things with respect to you.

It was my desire for her to be close to you while it's been your desire to remain afar.

I extended you credit yesterday and today for a debt you are not even trying to pay.

I extended you credit on hugs, smiles, kisses, and so many good wishes.

I extended you credit on what was, what is, and what is to become.

Because of your own selfish wants, needs, and greed you have decided to be a thief....You stole the innocence of her tender heart before the flowing rivers of love could ever start.

You have refused to make a payment on the life you created.

The dollars and cents ordered by the courts can never compensate for the debt you are leaving in her heart.

There is no debt consolidation plan or bankruptcy for the love, hugs, and kisses this little girl is so willing to freely give to a man that should be happy to have her call him "daddy" despite all she's been missing.

I guess you've never heard that time waits for no man, as witnessed by the absent footprints you are leaving in the sand.

As of this date, you are 4,380 days delinquent on a debt you just refuse to pay.

© 2013 QuietStorm


Author's Note

QuietStorm
Please share your thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013
Tags: family, spiritual, children, general, community

Author

QuietStorm
QuietStorm

VA



About
I am who I am! I have accepted me for who I am. I am a writer. If I am sad I write. If I am happy I write. Writing is my passion. Writing is my escape. Where do I run to? I run to my pen and paper. I .. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by QuietStorm





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114