Prologue: Dystopia

Prologue: Dystopia

A Chapter by Raven

Prologue: Dystopia


The worst the avenue could offer was the light.

Not that it was too bright nor did it annoy me. Just that it revealed everything I did not want to see. Scantily clad women lined the sidewalks in various poses. Some were sensual, others blatant, but all were beckoning to whomever passed by. The sounds didn’t help at all either; sighs and groans emanated from mostly darkened alleys, adding to the whorish and strangely intimate ambiance.

Still, the worst of it all - the thing I’d probably blame most - was the light.
Neon.
It shone perpetually through the avenue, lighting inconspicuous shapes that undulated and 
danced about the windows, doors and alleys.

It all disgusted me, this alley of sin. Just the thought that it existed was enough to make me sick.

Then again, the whole city this avenue was on is sinfulness manifest. A polluted, degenerate island that stretched out over to smaller islets. The waters around it were tainted and dirty, no longer supporting any form of life. The streets were lined with piles of trash and waste; at times, the occasional dead body would be dumped onto the pavement and nobody would do a single thing about it. The majority of the police force would turn a blind eye and ‘it’s all good.’ Half the year, the city would be covered in a moist, repugnant smog. The point is, this city is damned to hell, it might as well be Hell itself.

The odd thing was, that this city had no name. It might’ve had one years ago, but it’s gone now. I suppose, then, that it might be in order to give this city a name.

Hell? Too generic, really. The City? Boring. Dystopia. By definition, ‘dystopia’ is an imagined state or place where everything is unpleasant or bad.

Except this isn’t imagined at all. It’s very real. Dystopia. The perfect name for such an imperfect place; all the impurities of the world crammed into one doomed city.

Forget about Hell. It might as well be empty because all of its demons are here. 



© 2017 Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

98 Views
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017
Tags: prologue, setup, setting, welcome, dystopia


Author

Raven
Raven

Montgomery, AL



About
Just a senior who writes. Hello human people! more..

Writing
1: Aversion 1: Aversion

A Chapter by Raven


Dystopia Dystopia

A Book by Raven