Prelude to a Prologue

Prelude to a Prologue

A Chapter by Rachel Elizabeth

Sitting at a conference table they face each other. One's a leader, the other a coward. 
The leader resembles a Greek god, long flowing hair, matted with sweat, and a tanned, muscular build. He's tied to his seat, hands cuffed behind his back and chair legs bolted to the cement floor. It's an improbable, yet not impossible situation. 
The coward resembles your weaknesses, scraggly curly hair and a scrawny body. She holds within her hand a loaded gun, cocked and ready to blow. She glares at him from her seat, one that's not bolted to the floor. He glares back.
"Tell me why," he says.
"You don't know?" She turns away from him and pulls her gun close to her heart.
"No, I don't!" he shouts. 
She whirls around and jumps onto the table, pressing the gun to his temple. "Really?" she asks. 
"Look, I didn't know that was going to happen," he says, voice quivering with fear. "I thought that he'd be alright. We never meant to hurt him. It just happened."
"No! It didn't just happen. Nothing ever just happens," she screams. "There'salways a reason!" She pressed the gun harder to his head. 
"They told me all I had to do was hit him once, you know?" he says. "Just to scare him so he wouldn't do anything." 
"But you didn't just hit him once," she says. "Did you?"
"No..." 
"And you didn't stop them from hitting him either, did you?" 
"No..." he murmurs. "But I didn't think he'd die."
"Yet you left him there, unconscious and bleeding? Possibly multiple fractures and a concussion?" she asks. "You just left him there?" Her fragile body begins to shake with anger. She saw the bead of sweat slip onto the trigger.
He doesn't answer.
"What kind of man are you?" she shouts. 
"I didn't mean to, I swear!" 
"It's too late for that," she says solemly. "Because of what you did to that boy, you get to pay with your life. And then every one of your beloved buddies is going to pay the toll as well. You got that?" 
He nods, a tear building up in his eye. 
"And I'm going to hide your body in a place where nobody will ever find it. You'll be worm food. And that's the best thing you'll ever be." She moved the gun to the middle of his forehead and pulled the trigger, the sound of the gunshot echoing throughout the room. 


© 2010 Rachel Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rachel Elizabeth
PRELUDE!! OH YAHH! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This is a lot of action for an opening and I like it. A lot. It gives a sense of mystery to the story and I'm quite intrigued as to seeing the events unfold. You're opening makes the reader ask a lot of questions and I personally see that as a good thing. You want you're reader to have questions. Good job.
You may want to make sure that your tenses are matching up. In some cases you had present tense and in the next sentence it was past tense. Keeping it in the same tense for most of the paragraph helps keep the reader reading and not going back to re-read a paragraph because it was confusing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010


Author

Rachel Elizabeth
Rachel Elizabeth

Nowhere and Now , IN



About
* o b s e s s e d with k i t t e h s * s i x t e e n years o l d * o d d * e n j o y s indie m u s i c * plays g u i t a r more..

Writing