Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Falling in love with my enemy

Falling in love with my enemy

A Story by Raya
"

A young teenage girl has her target aimed at a promotion in her office, but when an outsider lands the promotion she does everything to bring him down, falling for him in the process

"
I walked into the huge office building nervously wiping the beads of sweat forming alongside my cheeks. I was all set up for getting the promotion for the position of general manager.
My cubicle was right next to the bosses office.for some reason the cubicle next to me was vacant.
"Didn't Larson come in today"? I asked the office boy entering my cubicle. " He took a three months leave, his mother fell sick again, they are flying to Minnesota town tomorrow morning and also a new guy is occupying his cubicle, meanwhile a new cubicle is being arranged for Larson " call Larson and ask about his mother. I made a mental note inside my head.
I had just finished typing and printing out two articles when Robinson, our senior supervisor made an announcement. "Everyone please report to the mess hall, bosses order's" I gathered my files, clutched my purse and walked towards the hall next to the office cafeteria.
Everyone was busy chit chatting or going through their files. I noticed a new face among them, he had a friendly smile and charming eyes, my heart skipped a beat as he waved a hello at me. I grinned stupidity.
"Good evening staff, today I have gathered you to introduce our newbie, Jerome , he has worked in " margets and Alan's" IT department and was a general manager there. Everyone clapped and cheered. " And also I have already appointed him as the GM here , he has experience and his qualifications are pretty good"
I couldn't believe my ears! I had worked super hard for this promotion and an outsider just snatched that opportunity from me. Without thinking I stood up and blurted out " that promotion was supposed to be mine, it isn't fair!"
Everyone turned to look at me, some even laughed and started teasing me. But I didn't care, I had worked way hard for this.i had even stopped dating despite many guys asking me out.
I sat in my cubicle and slowly banged my fist on the desk. I was getting angrier by the minute.
" Hi, this office is neat" someone spoke above from my cubicle. I looked up and saw Jerome resting his head on the partition. He was smiling cheerfully. So very charming but at the same time I wanted to wipe that smile off his face.
"I guess it's ok, stop disturbing me, I have work to do" I returned to typing some articles. It has been a week since Jerome had moved into the cubicle next to mine , although he was the general manager he liked to work extra hard and sometimes do extra credit article pieces. One reason why he was so popular in the office. Over the past few days of the week I have done many things to make him want to quit our office from serving him tea with salt, stealing his article pieces, corrupting his files to applying glue to his chair and desk. But each time he would just smoothly brush it off and then later he would ask me out!
"No, how many times do I have to tell you that I am not interested in going out with you, just stay away from me" angrily I walked past him and started to turn Around when he grabbed my hands. He started coming towards me.he came closer and closer until our lips were almost touching and I could feel his breath on my neck.
He held my gaze with those deep blue eyes and spoke. " Why don't you leave me alone? I like you a lot , don't be so smart with me , go on a date with me or else I'll file a complaint against you."
What a creep! I wanted to break free from his grip and run. But I couldn't. What was happening to me?
" Are you black mailing me ? He touched my face bringing his lips closer. I swear if he wasn't such a creep I could have kissed him. Suddenly he let go of me and smirked. " Don't push your luck, meet me at Gladys's cafe tomorrow at four and you are off the hook" he walked out of the cubicle before turning around and winking at me.
Why do concieted guys have to be so cute?
That night I couldn't sleep.all I could think about were his charming eyes, lips and the way he winked at me. I had to get a grip on myself.
I dailed his number nervously biting my lips.
" Miss me? I am already there or should I file that complaint"?
I gritted my teeth. " Let's just get this over with."
I checked myself out in the mirror for the fifth time. I had worn a bright red halter top and denim blue jeans. I tied up my hair with a black bandana and headed for the cafe on my bike.
There he was sitting at a corner table, dressed in a dark blue shirt and black jeans. His hair was tied up neatly in a bun and he was looking at something on his phone. I sat down opposite him. We ordered two hot chocolates and a medium chicken pizza. The evening escalated quickly.it was getting late. He offered to drop me home. I told him I had come by my bike.he said he had come by walking since his house was just around the block.
He walked me to my bike and got on behind me!
" Get off, what are you doing?" He just laughed and told me to drop him off at the office , he had some articles to work on.
It started raining when we reached the office building. "Come on, what are you waiting for?".
He grabbed my hands and we entered the building.
"Looks like the rain isn't going to stop soon, we probably have to spend half of the night here" he said slumping into a chair.
"Oh great, another trouble" I rolled my eyes as I glanced at him.
For some reason he looked so hot, his lips were wet and his hair had come undone, natural curly locks up to his neck, I hadn't noticed before.i looked away aware that I was blushing.
He stood up and walked towards me. He kept coming closer and closer until I was trapped between the wall and him. " You know you want to kiss me" he whispered into my ears. My heart thumped inside my chest. I closed my eyes as his lips brushed against mine. I felt jolts of electrical waves shoot through me as we kissed.
"Good morning, the rain has stopped, we should make a move"
I hadn't realised when I had fallen asleep. He looked at me as I rubbed my eyes and stood up. " What's the time and for how long was I asleep?"
"It's almost six in the morning, come on , let's go"
We had slept through the night.!
I followed him out of the building. " Let me drive this time señorita " he smiled at me. My heart did a little flip flop.
I got on the bike and wrapped my arms around his waist.
This was the start of something beautiful.

© 2019 Raya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on September 21, 2019
Last Updated on September 21, 2019
Tags: Love, goals

Author

Raya
Raya

Male, Addu, Maldives



About
I am twenty five years old and I love to read and write, my favourite subject is English more..

Writing
Dancing stars Dancing stars

A Book by Raya


Tie the knot Tie the knot

A Screenplay by Raya


Roles reversed Roles reversed

A Screenplay by Raya