Pocessed

Pocessed

A Story by Raya
"

She has it all . Love, family success and career. But what happens when an evil spirit enters her body and takes over her life?

"
OK, i am getting restless... i have been waiting for nearly an hour now, i look at my watch again.. 3 : 30 , and he said he will be here on time!! let him come. i will teach him a good lesson.
" princess!! " suddenly someone shouted into my ears. " don't do that!!, u startled me " " sorry baby " Jason smiled a sweet smile .
Jason is my boyfriend , six foot tall,straight hair and handsome. he is so my type. " why are you late? i have been sitting here for about a century, u know " i sigh
" sorry , i was about to leave, but mum made me go to the grocers to buy a couple of stuff " yeah right...
" OK, apology accepted, lets go then" i stood up and brushed my jeans legs to shake off the dirt .
we rode our bicycles down the hills and the narrow road, its so peaceful here ... with quite little houses and cool warm breezes. " so when are you going back to campus ? " Jason asked shifting gears.
" march , still have one more month to finish the semester "
i go to campus here, i am doing a degree in business , Jason has already done a masters in health sciences and now he is helping his dad in office works. " okay , i will wait for you... i cant wait for the day i am going to propose !! " " shut up!! "
i laugh. somewhat, i don't feel like getting married so soon... maybe after five years.. i don't know , i am still young,, i mean i am only 18 !! and Jason is well 23...
we cycled back to my home. it was getting dark . some rain clouds were beginning to appear in the clear blue sky
" Jason, you better get going..."
" okay , see you soon babe "
. none of us saw the red van speeding down the path.
"Jason!!!!" i screamed when i saw the horrifying sight ....
Jason was on the ground , blood was trickling down his shirt and head... his bike was bent like a pretzel. " o my gosh !! i am so sorry ... is he fine?? " the van driver asked climbing down from the van, it had a dent in the front ... he rushed to where Jason was and picked him up . " we have to get him to hospital, hurry "
we climbed into the van and sped off.
" doctor please, save my Jason , save him ." tears poured down my cheeks, " we will try our best, please calm down okay ?"
i waited for nearly about an hour outside the operation theater.
the van driver was also there, offering me a glass of water every now and then.
finally, the doctor came out .. he looked pretty serious.. and sad
" how is he? is he alright? " my heart started pounding.
" it is difficult to say anything right now... he inst gaining consciousness " " will he be alright, please i beg you .. please save him .. " i couldn't control myself... i was sad, angry and hurt .. all at the same time . " please calm down, i promise , i will do my best to save your Jason " the doctor patted my shoulder lightly and forced a half smile. somehow i didn't feel relaxed.
" i am sorry dear.. this is all my fault.. i wasn't watching the road properly and the braked failed... " he driver began apologizing,
" lets hope for the best " was all i could say .
i looked out of the window. it had started raining.. i was crying. the sky was crying with me... suddenly i felt empty.. i felt like i was all alone in the world.... little did i know that these feelings were going to take over me....
i walked home silently in the pouring rain, i couldn't stay in the hospital for long, mum would be worried about me and the van driver had offered to stay back and check on Jason,
" where were you, i was worried sick about you.. " mum said as she opened the door. " just been riding our bikes, Jason insisted we go up to his place " i lied. i didn't want her to find out about the accident.
" alright, go change and come down for dinner "
i ran upstairs and collapsed on the bed. this is so unfair !! everything was going so wrong..
" can i come in? " mum was standing in my doorway.
" sure"
i sat on my bed and wiped my tears.
" there was a call from the hospital just now... they said Jason is fine.. nothing to worry about.. "
" thanks god "
i was having my dinner when Jason's parents came. " Mary, we have something to tell you " Jason's mum spoke. mum looked up from the kitchen sink. " why don't we sit and talk "
everyone sat on in the living room . i looked at their eyes, no emotion at all, i forced a smile.
" we are moving to the U S , Jason's dad got a job there "
" that's great!! "
" so if Eileen wants she can come with us.. but she has to marry Jason for that .. wont she ? "
everyone looked at me. i didn't know what to say. Jason hadn't told me about this... why ???
"um ,, i have to think about it "
" come on , whats there to think about?? you two have been dating two years... i think this is a right decision " mum smiled at me , she encouraged me in everything good i ever did
" i don't know... i have to speak to Jason about this .."
" i am sure he will agree.. he loves you dear .. he wants to marry you " Jason's mum spoke.
" alright , think about it okay ? but we move tomorrow ... so u better think fast ... i am sure u want me to be your father in law .. ?? " Jason's dad laughed.
they got up and left . " dear, i think you should go... and you want to marry Jason .. don't you?
" i do ... its just that i... " i couldn't speak up... .
something was terrifying me inside.. but what ?? why do i feel like i am not in control of my life?
i couldn't sleep that night, millions of questions were running through my mind... my mind was telling me i should not do it but my heart said something else.. i couldn't decide ...
it was raining outside. the rain pattered against the window. a soft wind blew across the lawns and the pathway. i was shivering though i had my blanket on. suddenly the light flickered in my room, it went off and again went on... maybe it was dying out.. better get that bulb changed..
i was getting thirsty by now.. mum and dad were sound asleep in their room.. i put on my slippers and coat , stepped out of my room into the hallway.
the stairs were polished like glass. mum liked to keep things swept clean enough to see your face through it, i took two steps at a time and finally reached the dining table.
pouring half water in to a glass, just as i was about to take a sip, my hand jerked away from my mouth. i tried to take a sip but my hand wouldn't move... as if they were controlling themselves... again i tried .. and again ,,, but my hand stayed still... and suddenly with a loud crash i dropped the glass .. water spilled across the floor... the glass broke ... " Eileen , why did you do that ?? what are you doing up in the middle of the night?? " mum came running down the stairs . " i came down to have water... i don't know how... "
" go to your room and get some sleep "
" but mum i... "
" do you have a fever dear ? "
she touched my forehead, " no i am fine really... "
" just go get some sleep okay?
she picked up the broken glass and tossed it to the bin...
i went to my room an climbed into bed...
i tried to pull up the covers over me.. but my hand refused to move... my fingers curled themselves into tight balls clenching my hands...
what was happening to me....
i didn't know how long i slept until i heard mums voice yelling at me...
yelling madly,,, EILEEN , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!
we sat in the dark hallway for what seemed like about an hour. mum checked her watch for the fifth time. " there is nothing wrong with me .. really " i tried to convince her. " everything will be okay... don't worry ... u will be fine " she didn't buy my words. " but i am fine !! "
i screamed. i had wanted to scream for a really long time now... i had wanted to scream when mum announced that she was taking me to the doctor. i hated doctors , as much as i hated hospitals.. they made me sick..
finally, my turn came up. "relax, this wont take long. " mum squeezed my hand. she thought i was a baby or something...

" whats wrong with her ? " the doctor smiled a sweet smile. he was an old man with a balding head and a busy mustache. i was beginning to hate him already.
" umm... she is acting strange.. and she says she cant control her actions.." mum bit her lips.
" what sort of things has she been doing lately ? "
" I CUT MY HANDS WITH A SCISSOR !!! "
i screamed !! i was surprised by my voice, more of a growl... an angry scream which burst from my chest.
" dear , calm down.. its okay... "
"NO ITS NOT OKAY.... I WILL DESTROY HER... I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU... "
mum began to cry , a cry for help...
" CRYING WONT HELP YOU... ANY OF YOU..."
"what are you saying dear... " she sobbed .
suddenly i stood up from the chair and unrevealed my wounds... sure enough i have cut my hands... what was happening to me
???
I was slowly going insane. I didn't understand anything that was happening. I wanted to hug my mum and tell her that everything was going to be fine .

That night I stared into my bathroom mirror for what seemed like an eternity. I noticed that I looked kind of pale and I was getting thin, it was like I was malnutrished or something. Suddenly my reflection smirked at me. My heart thumped inside my chest.
" Don't be surprised , I am here to take over, it's time for you to go to sleep forever" my reflection shouted in a blood curdling scream.
I took a step back and stumbled against the bathtub. I gripped the sink table top to keep myself steady. With a sudden jerk my reflection shot out her arms from the mirror and started choking me.
Thrashing wildly, I gasped for air as she titghted her hands around my neck. "Good bye , sleep tight" that was all I heard before I passed out on the floor.

Jason's parents came when we were having breakfast in the morning.
I told everyone that I had made up my mind to go with them and I that I have decided to marry Jason. " Great, he will join us when he gets discharged" mum said smiling

The flight was about two hours and thirty minutes. I listened to some music to kill the time.
We landed at the airport and made our way to the crowded luggage claim area.

That night I stared into my reflection and smirked. " Jason, you are mine now"
I watched in amazement as the trapped Eileen in the mirror opened her mouth in a blood curdling scream.

© 2019 Raya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on September 21, 2019
Last Updated on September 21, 2019
Tags: Revenge, scream, gore

Author

Raya
Raya

Male, Addu, Maldives



About
I am twenty five years old and I love to read and write, my favourite subject is English more..

Writing
Dancing stars Dancing stars

A Book by Raya


Tie the knot Tie the knot

A Screenplay by Raya


Roles reversed Roles reversed

A Screenplay by Raya