One-sit bench

One-sit bench

A Story by Rachel Jane

   

     I’ve allowed my footsteps to lead me…and they did…in the same place. I’ve had a huge need to find you there, in the exact place where I’ve left your memory: on the green old bench, a little bit burned by so many summers, second alley on the left. This time, the nature put its fingerprint on it, by allowing few snowflakes to take a sit. You’ve never sat on that bench, but I’ve pictured you so many times there, that I could swear I saw a hologram.

    With every step, I was re-living your voice; your eyes were looking deeper into my soul, even if my jacket was trying hardly to keep it covered.

     I passed my hand through the snow which was contemplating the park. The lake had a sad look, just like it wanted to say something. I took a sit on the bench, even if I knew that I’ll probably get wet. Don’t care that much now. Even so, I couldn’t stop myself from walking again. I had to touch the frozen surface of the water. I had to feel the snow into my hands. The trees were heavily bended and I finally felt the smell of holidays. Yet, something was missing.

     It’s funny how you can feel disturbed but at the same time happy. The effervescence of all those feeling almost get me drunk, but the cold air reminds me that I am still in the park. Daydreaming will not bring you closer to me, so I should continue my walk. The more I was leaving the bench behind me, I felt just like I would leave home. I tried to enjoy the walk, and pretend that the nature is somehow offering a canvas show. Red trees, covered by snow, some still green ones, that were looking just like they were trying to prove that under so much coldness, life still can exist and, not to forget about those yellow ones. I smiled- it was just like all the seasons were having a meeting. There, in “my yard”.

    I’m closing my eyes now. I want to lose myself in the fragrance of cold ice and fresh winter. I want to imagine your fragrance. Cinnamon, pine trees and … happiness. You have to smell like these. Especially like happiness. A shy ray of sun caresses my face and now, now…I found myself on the green bench?! This time, near me there is no snow. What happened? I’m trying to realize what actually brought me there. But I can’t. There’s nobody here and I haven’t felt my feet moving so far from the lake. Oh, well… I would continue asking myself, but I prefer to close my eyes again. Maybe this time, instead some melted snow, there will be you. And the one- sit bench, will finally become a bench for two. Me and you.

© 2012 Rachel Jane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 30, 2012
Last Updated on December 30, 2012

Author

Rachel Jane
Rachel Jane

Bucharest, Romania



Writing
Witness Witness

A Poem by Rachel Jane


Fire Fire

A Poem by Rachel Jane


Lipstick Lipstick

A Poem by Rachel Jane