Vintage

Vintage

A Story by Rachel Jane

     I want to drop everything out of my soul. I want to take away the pain, throw out of the window my scars and sweep those pieces of soul that have been taken away by a shallow wind who was never supposed to reach it, and who would have never been able to reach if I wouldn’t have been eager enough to let the window just a little bit open.

    I want the raw material, the vintage look. It fits me better. Far better. I want my old habits back, I want to sweep the dust out of them and allow myself to be “me” again. I want to bring back to life the initial me, who has been covered in so many fancy clothes, who were only making it more superficial. I want to have the courage to express my mind and let my lips hold the speech of silence. I want to close my eyes and feel the depth that was closer than ever. I want to open back my eyes and find a new start of my old me. I want to take a sit on my best old bench, and enjoy the white colors of its gently scratched backrest.

    I want to learn a new language, because no matter how its letters look like, the message remains the same. I want to look into some eyes with my own and read their intensity. I need my hair to rest over the strings of your guitar and gently challenge them to offer me note by note a slow melody. Let’s dance. Caress my soul and take me by the hand of hope. Don’t lose my sight - it’s just a cover of the sweetest tango on the instrument of love.

© 2012 Rachel Jane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 30, 2012
Last Updated on December 30, 2012

Author

Rachel Jane
Rachel Jane

Bucharest, Romania



Writing
Witness Witness

A Poem by Rachel Jane


Fire Fire

A Poem by Rachel Jane


Lipstick Lipstick

A Poem by Rachel Jane