Random Thoughts in a Quiet Apartment

Random Thoughts in a Quiet Apartment

A Story by Rachel
"

Let's see where this takes us. A collection of random thoughts meant for no one and everyone.

"

1. Waiting to write until an idea comes, feels like staring at a single spot waiting for lightening to strike. I have been staring at that spot for too long, continuously avoiding putting words to paper until I know what the story is that I want to tell and how it will end. The only thing I know right now is that I want this to be a love story. I want to fall in love with writing again. I have no idea how this is going to play out. Maybe this story will find an ending or maybe it won’t and it will just be another empty promise I made to myself at a moment in time.


2. We often ask children what they want to be when they grow up. Take a moment and think about what you said when you were asked that. What did you say? Did you become it? If not, why not? We tell ourselves that we grow out of those frivolous ideas and that they were never practical. I told the world growing up that I wanted to be a writer. I guess in my current position, I spend a lot of time writing reports. I don’t think that’s what my younger self meant though when she was sharing those dreams. The funny part of it is, no one told me I couldn’t be a writer, I made that decision for myself as I “grew up.” 

If I were to meet my younger self now and she told me what she wanted to be, what would I tell her?


3. I opened this document with the intent to write, yet here I am putting off something that was meant to be enjoyable. There’s some level of anxiety associated with saying the right words or even having anything to say at all. So many different combinations one can make with just 26 letters.

Maybe there will be more. 

© 2023 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on November 10, 2023
Last Updated on November 10, 2023
Tags: reflection, mindfulness, human behavior, short story, love