Small

Small

A Poem by Rachell R. Taylor

 

She felt so small.

He looked so small sitting there, holding his legs like bundles of worry.

And she knew now why he painted; he was searching for the color of relief.

She felt like that brush, pouring all the shades of her knowledge and giving him no satisfaction, so tiny.

So she took him in her arms, to help him become bigger, and to hold him and know he wasn’t growing any smaller.

Don’t let the words pour out, your eyes cried so many tears; he doesn’t need your tears.

She held him and she kissed him and she hopes now he knows he’s big enough for her to clearly see.

I see you, I see you and you’re not going anywhere.  

© 2008 Rachell R. Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really beautiful and touching. I love the imagery with the color and the painting. So sensitive and intuitive. Really quite beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... The first line seemed so simple, yet so profound. I felt like I could reach out and touch the raw corseness of this. This was short but tightly packed with beauty.

Posted 17 Years Ago


this poem deftly intermingles melancholy and hope to paint a wodnerfully tender and human picture. it felt lovingly crafted.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2008

Author

Rachell R. Taylor
Rachell R. Taylor

Everett, WA



About
22, living in Lynnwood, Washington. Mother of a little mess of curls named Eisling. Aspiring writer and photographer, and here seeking some opinions from people better at this than she. more..

Writing