Mystery

Mystery

A Story by Rachelem

I've always felt hard to love. I don't think I could ever find someone that would love me for myself and be able to look past my flaws. Of course, as they say, you can't really love someone until you can love yourself.
It was my first semester in college, and I had never had a real relationship. Just many hookups and flings over the years. I'll admit, sometimes I felt very lonely and sometimes wanted a relationship but I tend to push people away when I feel myself getting feelings.
My roommate decided that I needed to get out and do something so she dragged me to some lame party. She was looking to get wasted, but I don't particularly care for alcohol and a headache the next day.
We arrived at this party, which apparently hadn't really gotten stared yet because only a few people were there sitting around. There were four guys sitting around a table drinking beers. They quickly greeted us, and of course offered drinks. "No thanks." I said. They continued insisting me to have a drink, as my friend cracked a beer. "I don't drink." I told them. "Why come to a party then?" One of them said quite rudely. I gave him a dirty look, then walked away and sat alone.
After a few minutes of awkwardly sitting on my phone, I was approached by one of the guys. He apologized for his friends rudeness and peer pressure. "It's okay." I said. I looked at him, and he had the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen. People don't give brown eyes enough credit. Brown eyes are known to be some of the most interesting people. We actually made eye contact a few more seconds than what was considered normal. I felt my face and neck starting to get red.
He began to tell me that he doesn't really like drinking either, and he'd stay sober with me. (We all know how much it sucks being the only sober one.)
More people starting showing up, and it began to get crowded and noisy. Annoying drunk people everywhere. We decided to go somewhere more quiet to talk.
We went into a back room, it was empty besides a old love seat in the middle. "I don't even know your name." I said. "My name is Chris. You?" "Anna." I said not making eye contact. "I like that name." I didn't say anything. I'm shy. I didn't know what to say.
We were then startled by everyone yelling that the cops were here. "I knew there's a reason why I don't like going out" I said. The door was then opened and a whole herd of drunk, scared people came running in to jump out the window.
Everyone was still struggling to get out when there was a knock on the door. The bell was rung and they began demanding for someone to open the door, because they had a report of underage drinking.
Chris grabbed my hand and said "let's get out of here." I was a little scared, even though we were completely sober. The rest of the people had already got out the window and snuck to the back. He jumped out the window, and I struggled. My new shirt got caught on something and ripped. He helped me down. We began running away as soon as we heard the police barging in.
We ran for a long time it seemed like. We were both out of breath and was somewhere pretty far in the woods. We slowed down to catch our breath, and he asked if I was alright. "Yeah" I said after breathing so heavily I struggled to get the word out.
We decided to walk the opposite way, back out of the woods. It was so dark, not even the moon was shining any light. I pulled out my phone to use my flashlight. I looked around hoping not to see anything in the dark. Chris was walking a lot faster than me so I sped up to catch up to him.
Practically running, I felt myself trip over a stump and fell face first on the dirt, my pants getting muddy, my new shirt practically soiled at this point. "Are you okay?" He asked. Actually sounding sympathetic. He helped me up and I thanked him. My knee ached a lot but I told him I was okay.
We eventually made our way out of the woods. He said he only lived about a mile away, and that we could walk there and I could stay the night with him. I worried about my friend who I haven't seen or heard from after the cops busted. I tried calling and texting her but I got no reply.
I was really uncomfortable walking in my dirty clothes. The walked seemed like forever. Chris held my hand the whole way, he told me I looked beautiful even when I was covered in mud. I thanked him, but disagreed because I knew how horrid I looked.
What seemed like a long time later, we came to a trailer that was just by itself. It was kind of in the middle of nowhere. We went inside and I was quickly greeted by a unpleasant odor. "The bathrooms right there if you want to get washed up." He told me. "Towels are in the closet."
I got into the shower, and watched all the mud coming off my body. It made me a little grossed out but also satisfied. I got out a few minutes later and heard a knock at the door. I opened the door slightly because I had no clothes on. He brought me an old t-shirt and sweatpants. I thanked him.
As I went to put on the clothes, he touched my breast and said "wait a second." At this point, I did have a pretty significant "crush" on him. He looked at me with those charming brown eyes, and leaned in to kiss me. I closed my eyes and felt his lips press against mine. After a few seconds, I pulled away. It felt cold where his lips were.
I was silent thinking about how amazing the kiss was, and how very badly I wanted to feel it again. I leaned back into him, and he grabbed my face very passionately and a little dramatic. He led me into the bedroom and sat me on the bed. I could feel my anxiety. My stomach was going crazy flipping upside down, a lump in my throat, and my palms were sweaty.
I was a little nervous because I wasn't aware of his intentions. I wasn't looking for just a hookup. We then continued to make love, which was amazing.
I guess we fell asleep after, because the next thing I new it was 3:25 am. I checked my phone to see many missed called and texts from my friend asking if I was okay, she had apparently made it home.
I crawled back into bed with him, he was still sound asleep. I rolled over and closed my eyes and began thinking of everything that happened earlier.
The next morning, I was awoken by the sun shining in my eyes. I looked over and noticed Chris had already gotten up. I got dressed, and went out to look for him.
He didn't seem to be anywhere in sight, so I called out his name. Still no reply, I went to look in a room in the back. It looked like it must have been the basement. The light switch didn't work, but I walked down the creepy, creaky steps into the dark unaware of what I was to find.
I stepped in a puddle of water, and realized a pipe had burst and the basement was flooded. I finally found a light that worked and as soon as I flicked it on, I saw a bloody corpse on the floor. I quickly came to the realization that this body was Chris, and started yelling, running over to his lifeless body.
It looked like he had tried to fix the pipe but slipped or something. It was the first time I had seen a dead body. I was horrified and in shock. I knew I had to call 911, so I reached for my cellphone.
It wasn't long before the sirens approached. The police came running down the stairs, asking if I was okay and what had happened. I told them what I knew through the tears and hyperventilating. I was told I needed to be taken to the police department to be asked a series of questions.
I was scared they would think I could be a suspect, even though it clearly looked like it was an accident.
I was taken down town to the station, and they took me into a room with a table and 2 chairs. I was waiting for the sherif to come in, and I saw Chris sitting in the chair across me. He still looked banged up and bloody from the accident. I started screaming and police quickly came to see what was going on.
I told them that I had seen Chris. I told them how he was still covered in blood, but was sitting right across from me. They said that I was probably in shock and I was just seeing things. I believed them because it made sense. But I still know what I saw.

© 2017 Rachelem


Author's Note

Rachelem
should I continue? Thoughts ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017