CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by RachelleThornhill

Upon hearing her bedroom door open, The Author stuffed her quill and journal under some other papers on her desk. She was shocked to see her mother walk into the room.

"What was that you put under those papers there?" Her mother queried.

The Author's heart beat uncomfortably fast, and it was all she could do to stop a blush from flooding her cheeks.

"Oh, that?" She said nervously. "Nothing. Just some..." The Author searched for the right word. "Brain-storming..."

Her mother's eyes softened, knowing how much her daughter loved to lose herself in her work.

"Alright. Well, dinner will be ready in about an hour, so don't get too far into the story." She joked.

The Author frowned. "My work is no laughing matter, mother. You know very well that I could destroy anyone and anything with one simple sentence." She said dangerously.

Her mother sighed. "I know, sweetheart. I just can't help being happy that you finally inherited the gift. I know that it can get lonely sometimes-"

"You know nothing of what it's like!" The Author shouted, tears burning behind her eyes as she stood abruptly. "You have no idea how everyone looks at me! Like I'm different, or strange or something! You have no idea..." She finished quietly, sitting back down slowly.

Her mother's eyes went from soft and understanding, to suddenly angry and filled with fire. "Then write them out of the story!" She fumed. "Destroy them like you said that you could!"

The Author shook her head sadly. "Alas... The one that taunts me the most... He has a part to play.

🌐

Cameron strutted down the hall, searching eyes wandering the halls, looking for another cowering nerd or geek to terrorize.

That's the side that most people didn't see. They didn't see the way that Cameron boiled and fumed under the surface. They only saw what he wanted they to see: a tall, lean guy of seventeen, with dark blond hair and brilliant green eyes.

Of course, there was more to him as well. Captain of the soccer team as well as the swim team, with a heart as cold as the water he swam in. He always watched with extreme amusement as girls fell all over him, pretending like he really cared about them, while he always knew that he would break their hearts in the end.

But there was on girl... He had seen her in the school halls many times, leaving his heart fluttering in his chest for the rest of the day. Her waist-length blonde hair cloaked her back and shoulders in gentle waves. Forrest green eyes, usually deep in solitary thought, studied him every time he passed by. Every time he passed her, he felt as if he had walked through a metal detector at the airport, scanned from head to toe, as if she was searching him for something that she just couldn't find.

As he passed her today, Cameron to find her the way he always did: leaning against her locker, books in hand. But she wasn't.

She was right in front of him.

Taken aback, he stopped suddenly. "Uh-"

"Cameron." She studied him. "We need to talk."

He was about to protest that, no, they didn't need to talk, but she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the courtyard.

As they approached a wooden bench, they sat: her scowling at him, and Cameron looking at her confusedly.

"Why do you look at me every time you pass in the hall?" She accused, her green eyes flashing angrily.

Cameron stared at her, mouth open in shock... an emotion that he wasn't used to. "How did you-"

She sighed angrily. "Cameron, I know everything, now, an explanation please?" She made it clear from her tone that she wasn't asking. She was demanding.

He froze in panic. She couldn't know that he felt something for her. No matter what. His panicked green eyes locked on her angry ones, and he felt her reach into his mind probing to see if she could find any answers. Cameron fought against the pull to just relax and let her take control, but he fought against it, terrified that she would find his secret.

He failed.

She closed her eyes, and when sh opened them, her shock was evident. "You love me?" She whispered so softly, he could barely make it out. A soft blush spread over his cheeks as he nodded slowly.

Her eyes softened, and he could see pain interred deep within them. "I'm so sorry..." She whispered.

Cameron's eyebrows furrowed. "Why? What's wrong?"

A tear slowly traced its way down her cheek. "My name is Adria, and I am The Author."



© 2016 RachelleThornhill


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016


Author

RachelleThornhill
RachelleThornhill

Rachelleville (XD), OH



About
Hello! Check out my Wattpad account at: https://www.wattpad.com/user/_be_somebody_ Aspiring writer. Fiction genre. Horrid speller. American. Dog person. Middle schooler. Singer. Best friend. .. more..

Writing
NOTICE NOTICE

A Chapter by RachelleThornhill