Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Raya Avans

Prologue.

There are things in this world that are not what they seem. Subliminal messages running through main stream media penetrating into subconcious mind and taking us over one by one from the time we watched our first disney movie, attended our first day of school, listened to our first pop song. Secret societies in charge of every move we make, like big brother watching over us. Theories and speculations, its curious, but yet still even couriouser to speculate the validity of these ideas. What if? 
Secondly, in order to understand the events in which i am to convey in the upcoming pages of my story, you must also understand the concept of other worlds, other dimensions and levels to the universe right above and within our own. Belief in the idea is not necessarily important, though I can confidently say even skeptics may find themselves believers, dipping their noses into the truth. Maybe still in not all things that I should present, but only ignorance can blind you from many of the things I shall tell you. Thus, for now, your belief remains a dispensable element. Above all I ask of you, to approach my convictions with an open mind and a exiguous toleration there of.
I believe even the most imaginative and insane of us could not conjure up the worlds that we live within. I have always been fascinated with the idea of Narnia, a fictional place dreamt up in the mind of a CS Lewis in his famous Chronicles of Narnia. Another world much like our own living by different means, in different time and space. This belief of mine, then brings up the idea of those in this world of ours that find themselves with a type of sensitivity to these other worlds. Those that have developed a sort of sixth sense. To elaborate on the particular 'other world' I mean to convey, in all political correctness these people would be referred to as medians. Connectors or bridges into the other worlds, but still the bridges are broken and the boundaries remain fuzzy. And though tampered and elusive, they are far from mistakable. Spirits, yes, ghosts. Souls that have passed on but have yet to complete their migrations hereafter. Stuck in limbo, by choice for many of them. There world in particular is puzzlingly connected to ours, some even hold the belief that our world, is theres only they are living at higher frequencies, at different levels of the spectrum. There are those sensitive, to this frequency who can connect and communicate with these unsettled souls. Some say they even have visual ability into this level, no matter, you must understand this concept, this sensitivity, the perceptional reality. All of this, is part of understanding my story.


© 2012 Raya Avans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dms
Interesting opening, though I'm not sure about piggy backing on the Narnia reference as an opener. It might need something stronger that's all yours to firm up the foundation of the story. I've read before the idea of spiritual sensitivity. In fact, I once had a friend in the Army tell me that I was spiritually retarded after a weird night on patrol when he swore he saw a ghost and I was standing right next to him seeing nothing where he pointed (though I don't count myself a skeptic, I think some people just want to believe a bit too much).

Aside from that, it is an interesting idea, but I'll have to read more. At the moment, I'm looking for a direction. A hook or prologue needs to draw me in with some sort of bait rather than pull me down like a vortex. There were a lot of complicated sentences that could be clipped and I would take out the word "couriouser" and edit "more curious".

I haven't been on the cafe in some time so forgive me if this read came super duper late. I'm assessing whether or not there's any activity here anymore.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great Prologue! Hooks me in right away...Identify with all of it...interested in this kind of thing...but I'm a bit timid..I kind of read this sort of stuff...like a timid deer taking a drink from the stream. Always ready to run away at anything that startles it. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


We will see. :) thank you for you reviews btw!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have to guess. The story will be about something fantasy!! Right?? lol whatever its about I cant wait to read it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like this... really cool :):)... just too errors i saw.. an I thats not.capatelised.. and a there that should be their i think... further on its really cool :) i also love narnia... my fav is the horse and.the boy... i think it is...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
6 Reviews
Added on October 29, 2011
Last Updated on April 29, 2012


Author

Raya Avans
Raya Avans

Seattle, WA



About
words are so strange, when said they always play an effective and influential role..... words when harsh , blunt , rude and full of rage can cause great agony , can pierce the heart , shatter the .. more..

Writing
Little Red Little Red

A Story by Raya Avans