Tide

Tide

A Story by Raeana

Once upon a time...

Yep, I wish those kind of things were true. Fairy tales, fairy godmothers, and princes. I really wish I had the 'happly every after' too.

I live in the tiny town of Brookline, Vermont. Population 467. Nothing too exciting. We all know each other and we all depend on each other. I have been living here ever since I could breath. Also, ever since I could breath I have 2 friends. Racheal Smith and Rizzo Hunt. We have many differences, but we haven't split up. Riz is well, a spaz, you wouldn't able calm her down if you gave her even a sip of Mountain Dew. She has so good parts about her, though, she is the peace-maker, and she is as loyal as a dog. Racheal is more of the calm type. She has amazing ideas and came resolve any problem you throw at her, which is a VERY good thing. She is like an oversized swan. She almost flies every where she goes.

We all go to school at Rockford School. Well, we use to. After a totally freak accident, our school was burnt to the ground and we're forced to go to school at the Brookline Junior High. Summer break ends in a few days and off we go to Brookline.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

 

"Lexi, you’re gonna be late for the bus!"

"Coming Mom." I mumbled as I dragged my sorry butt down stairs.

"Oh, come on Lex, Junior High won't be so bad!" my mother said in her cheery, high pitched voice.

Just then I heard 3 loud honks coming from our drive.

"Got to go Mom! See ya'!" Then I was out the door.

"Hey Lexi! Over here!" It was Rizzo. At least she was on my bus.

"Who are they?" I whispered and nodded at a tall, slender blonde with, what I thought, his beautiful girlfriend with golden curls.

"I'm not really sure, but he is HOT!" That's Rizzo for you. It seems she became even more boy crazy.

10 minutes passed, 20, then 30 and finally Racheal glided onto the bus. She look gorgeous with her light brown hair pulled back reveling her brilliant blue eyes. She had a long slender body and she was very tall compared to Riz and me. She looked like she floated to us and gracefully sat down.

"Hiya Racheal!" Rizzo sang.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The bus slowed and then jerked to a halt. Aw, man! At school already! I got up and stumbled to the door with Riz and Racheal following. Once we were off we all looked at each other and Rizzo screamed.

"Oh hot dog! We are at the school! Oh man I can't wait! I wonder if I have any classes with you guys! Oh! Look at the size of the building! I can't wait! OH BOY!!!" She said it like it was one word.

"Riz, did you have Coco Puffs today?" Racheal asked harmlessly.

We all stomped off to the office, Rizzo tripping a few times. Once I got my classes, I looked up at my two friends, mostly Racheal because she was so tall, and asked to dreaded questions.

"What classes did you get?"

Rizzo answered in a split second, "Math, Bio, Spanish....." The rest was blur because she was talking so fast.

"Racheal?"

"Bio, Spanish, Math...." That was a blur, too. Not that she was talking so fast, but because I had no classes with her, too!

"Shoot!"

"What is it Lexi?" They asked simounously.

"We have no classes together!"

"Drat!"

"Fiddlesticks!"

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I grumbled the whole way to Languge. Why me!? Did I have to go through all this! I guess it wasn't big at all.

And then I saw them. They were so beautiful. I thought I was going to be sick. This group was show-stopping gorgeous and they were in the same room as me?

They where all gathered in the back of Mr. Bowe's class. There were four of them. The two tall golden blondes that ride on my bus, only they looked even more beautiful. There was also a shorter brunette one. He had fierce green eyes. One of his amigos was the tallest of the four and had jet black hair. He also had amazing silver eyes. When I finally brought my attention away from their lovely appearance I looked for an empty seat. I found one across from a caramel haired girl with breath taking ice blue eyes. I sat down in my hard blue plastic chair and the girl looked up.

"Hi! I'm Zamira Marple, or could call me Zam. Are you new here? I didn't see you last year."

"Um, ya," I stuttered still stunned by her eyes. They look more white as I looked into them. Just then I realized that we were going to have a very strong friendship. Mr. Bowe came in and he started roll.

"Let's see, Alexis Gramm?"

"Here," A minute to late.

Class seemed to last forever even though all I did was stare at the group at the back of the room. I didn't know what, but something was very different about them.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

My morning classes seemed to last for ages. When lunch finally came my stomach was growling at me.

"Shut up!" I raved at it when I sat down by Zamira.

"What did I do?" She joked.

"Nothing it's my stomach, I don't think I'll ever be use to going so long without food."

"Eat a bigger breakfast," Zamira mumbled as she stuffed an apple in her mouth.

"Hiya Lex!" Rizzo sang and danced into her seat and she waved at Zamira. "Hiya! I'm Rizzo, are you in Lexi's class?"

"Hi, I'm Zamira," She kindly said and bent over her food again.

"Hey, guys." Another familiar voice. This time it was Racheal.

"Racheal this Zamira! She is our new buddy!" Riz sang. Any thing Rizzo said came out in a high-pitched sing. Zamira looked up and gave a heart warming smile to Racheal, Racheal returned the smile. I was searching the lunchroom for the mysterious group when I was pelted by a grape.

"Ow!" I grumbled and turned around. Just then another grape hit me right between my eyebrows. I looked around and found two boys sitting at a table across the room. One tall with long blonde hair that almost covered his eyes. He was wearing baggy jeans with holes in them. His friend next him was shorter with a buzz cut and wearing the same type of outfit. They both had skateboards that were resting against their table. They were both laughing their heads off. One of them, the taller one, grabbed his skateboard and came over to me. His friend followed.

"Hey...I'm...Hayden.." The tall one said between laughs. "and...this...is...Zeke! You must be Alexis!"

"Lexi," Rizzo corrected him. They sat down and started talking although my thoughts were elsewhere. Where was the clique I saw in Mr. Bowe's class? I scanned the small cafeteria in search of the beautiful troop. The jet black haired boy caught my eye. I took a second glance and he was gone. Was I crazy or was he really there? A waving hand interrupted my hallucinations.

"Earth to Lexi! You haven't even touched your food! Can I have it?" It was one of the new boys, Zeke I think. Suddenly I wasn't very hungry.

"Um, sure, whatever." With that quick of words my chocolate pudding was gone. I started to scan again and the boy appeared and disappeared again. I grabbed my coat and bolted towards the doors, I need some fresh air. Once I was outside I sat on a cold rock and started thinking. Who were these people? They were so perfect and they could disappear so fast. Well, at least the one. Were they even human? What if- I was interrupted again by Racheal and Zamira sitting down by me.

"Why did run out on us?" Racheal asked with her same affectionate voice.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just needed to -" RING! Yes, saved by the bell. I rushed indoors and raced to Spanish.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Spanish was a drag. I tried to pay the best of attention to the lesson, but my thoughts started to drift to the clique again. I didn't ever look up from my textbook to look around the room. I wouldn't even notice if a bunch of little green men came and took over the school. All I thought about was the alluring boy with golden eyes, the golden haired couple, and the short brunette boy. I tried to pick out what was different about them. Was it only their looks? Maybe it was that they looked like they were in a posse. Another bell rang and I ran to my locker. I twisted to knob and heard to clink as I pulled it open. It was empty besides a few books and my binders. When I pulled my math book out a small envelope fell to the ground. I picked up hands shaking. I slowly slid my finger over the front tracing the letters A L E X I S. I turned it over and shyly opened the flap. I pulled out a cream colored card written in graceful script. My hands were shaking so hard the print was almost impossible to read. I tooking a gulp of air and started to read.

Alexis Gramm,

You are in great danger, leave soon as you can. Take your friends, Racheal Smith and Rimona Hunt, with you also. This is more serious than you can ever imagine.

I don't know why I was making a big deal out of all of this. After all they were all humans, right? Well, at least I hope so. I had to find out what their secret was! I don't even know who wrote this! It must be a prank. For all I know they were bank robbers or aliens trying to take over the world! How do I know that it was one of the beautiful people in the first place? I was jumping to conclusions. But, what if- there I go again. Worst case snerio. I shoved all of books back in the small blue locker and ran to the nurses office I was going to be sick!

"How may I help you sweetie?" A kind old lady asked as she stumbled in her high heels to me.

"Can I lie down?" I asked. She looked at me with curious face.

"Sure honey, you are white as a ghost." She glided me to a small cot with a quilt that looked ancient. I feebly sat and laid down. The nurse closed the door of the small room and walked away. I tried to unravel the mysterious note. Why did this person want me to leave? Racheal was good at these riddles I should show it to her, but will it scare her as much as me? Plus no one I have ever meet has called Rizzo by her real name; excluding her mom and older brother when trying to get on her nerves. The harder I started to think the more drowsy I got.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I gathered all of my school books and rushed to bus #12. I sat down by Rizzo and sighed.

"I heard what happened. Are you alright?"

"Absolutely," I lied. I couldn't wait to go home.

"How was your day? Mine was WONDERFUL! Hey, you know Zeke and Hayden? They are super nice! I can't wait till tomorrow. Boy oh boy! There's Racheal! Over here Racheal!"

"Humph" I murmured I wasn't paying attention. The bus skidded to a stop and I looked out the window, yes, this was my stop. I walked by the two golden-haired kids. The both looked as if they were about ready to fall over and die. I sprinted down the steps and down our driveway. I slipped the key in a turned it with a clink. The smells of pizza hit me with gust. All I had today was a bowl of Rice Krispies and a glass of milk. My stomach started to growl. I put my hands over it and raced upstairs. I had figure out the note! I threw my backpack on my small bed and sat on my window seat. That was my place to think. Who wrote the note? Was it one of the clique members or just a joke? Yes, it had to be joke! Just a joke, nothing to get worked up about.

"Alexis! Kiara! Sam! Dinner!" My mom yelled. I rushed down stairs and sat at the good seat. Sam and Kiara followed.

"Lex! You took my seat!" Sam complained. Sam was the youngest of the three kids in family. He had a major bed head all the time and he would wear the same shirt for five days in a row. Kiara sat down by me. Kiara was the oldest. She was a junior in high school. She had blondish-red hair and lake blue eyes. She was like a larger version of me; only a lot prettier. I shoved a piece of pizza down my throat and gulped down my water. I was about to speed up the stair when my mom called.

"Boy, Lexi, why in such a rush?"

"Um, loads of homework."

"On the first day of school." Her tone was very deep for her usually cheery voice. I rushed to my room and sat down with a sigh. Tap, tap, tap. I nearly fell off of seat. Was I hallucinating again or was this real? Then, another tap, tap, tap. I slowly turned to face the window. I strained my eyes to see when another rock hit the window. I leaned in to the window screen and heard a horrifying rip. It all happened so fast. First I was safe in my house then I was falling to my certain doom. I hit the roof then the gutter. After that I landed in someone's arms.

"Whoa!" The voice seemed familiar. I stared up into his wonderful blue eyes; even though they were almost covered up by hair. Oh my! It was Hayden! I slapped him with all might for him to put me down.

"What are you doing here?" He dropped me to my feet and I brushed myself off.

"I was going to drop in and say 'hello' to you and your folks."

"How did you know I lived here?"

"Um, 'cause I ride your bus." Both times in the bus I didn't even to bother to look who rode it with me.

"Oh well, how did you catch me?"

"Four years on the football team, I mean look at these guns!" He started to flex.

"Go away," I yelled and shoved him, "before my parents see you!"

"Um, okay. See you later!" And Hayden grabbed his skateboard and zoomed out of sight. I looked up at my window on the third floor. How was I going to explain this? I looked down at my clothes. I looked fine and felt fine besides my headache from crashing threw the screen. Maybe I'll blame it all on Sam. I slowly waked to our way too fancy front door trying to think of excuses.

"What are you doing outside? I didn't even see you come down." Kiara said. She was lounged on the only couch in our tiny little living room. She had only pajama bottoms on and a spagitti strap shirt. Of course she was beautiful as always.

"Oh, nothing." I tried to sound like Rizzo's sing, but it came out like a croak. I was never good at lieing. Luckily for me Kiara didn't really care.

"Whatever, you better clean up before Mom sees you." I scurried to the only bathroom in the house and locked myself in. I glanced in the mirror at gasped. My red hair was a complete disaster and I had many scratches on my face. How could that fall bust me up so much? I took a brush and ran it through my hair till it almost was normal. I took a rag and washed my face to get most of the dirt. I took a step back and took an observation of myself. I was almost the typical Lexi again. I stepped out the bathroom and bounded to my room again. Once there I did a once-over at the ruined mesh. I popped the frame out and hid it under my bed. I closed the window and jumped on to my bed. I picked up my phone and dialed Rizzo's number.

"Hi, this is Rizzo's phone. Please leave your name and number at the, Molly! Put that down. NO! Don't eat it! Molly- BEEP!" Molly was Rizzo's Jack Russell Terrier. More like Jack Russell Terror! He was know for eating the undeniable, publicly humiliating Rizzo, and peeing on your shoes.

I hung up without saying anything and started to grab a book to get my mind off of the note when the phone rang. I rushed too fast to get it and tripped over my rug.

"Ow," I groaned. I lifted my hand to cover the spot where my head met the table. I stared at my hand when I saw the red liquid. Was my head bleeding? I started to scream, but I blanked out. When I awoke I look all around. Where was I? This wasn't my room. I started to lift my head up, but a sharp pain held me down. I saw the worried looks of a bunch of blurry faces. I tried to fall into a deep sleep so I wouldn't have to feel the pain, but something shook me.

"Sam! Your going to wake her!' My eyes fluttered open once more to see the blurry faces of my family.

"Lexi? Are you alright?" A concerned voice sang. I knew it was Rizzo. Because of the throb in my head I didn't want to answer so I murmured something that hopefully sounded like an answer, and drifted off to dreamland.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I was fluntently dancing with a beautiful teal gown on. It was flowing around my legs and on the floor. My partner was wearing a black suit and white tie. We waltzed around the room like there was no tomorrow. Spinning and twirling with complete ease. Stared up at his sliver eyes and sighed. I felt something shake me. I opened my eyes and saw Hayden and my family.

"Wh...What?"

"Hey, Lex. You hit your head pretty hard!" Sam teased. I punched him with whatever strength I had left, which wasn't much. I was mad for waking up. I wondered if my dream would ever come true.

"Let's see here," I looked up even though it hurt. It was Dr. Hunt, Rizzo's dad. He was flipping through a clipboard. "Lexi, you should be just fine! Just follow the instructions I sent with your mom." Dr. Hunt was the only grown-up I've ever met that called me Lexi.

"Um, sure." I hoped it came out right. My ears were ringing and I still didn't know where I was. I tried to get up, but I fell down onto the bed.

"Here Lexi, I'll help you." Hayden said and reached out to catch my hand. I shook it off and try again to get up just to fail again. He lifted me up and cradled me in his arms. I suddenly felt little, but I was feeling so awful I laided there and drifted away. I had the same dream only I was wearing a fluorescent pink dress.

When I aroused I was whacked with a pang in my head. I tried to get up and see what this was all about, but the pain hit me and I dropped to my bed. The malady wasn't a sharp as when I was in Hayden's arms. It was more dull, but I was still confused about the whole thing. I hobbled down the steps with a 'ow' at each one. I looked over the hand rail to see 3 people crunched on our way to small couch. Kiara was the first to see me. She jumped up and aided me going down the rest of the stairs. She sat me down in a bar stool and faced me to the kitchen. She asked me if I was okay.

"Never felt better," I said sarcastically.

"Do you need anything?" I could tell she really wanted to help.

"What happen?" I really needed to know.

"Well, you hit your head on something, Sam found you, we called Hayden over to carry you, we brought your to Rizzo's house for Dr. Hunt to look at you, and Hayden brought you home." Racheal sighed. "What happened to you? How did you hit you head?"

"Stupid desk," I muttered loud enough for Kiara to hear. The rest of the day pasted on normally except for Kiara concern on my head wound. When 10:00 came around the corner I marched up stair to get ready for bed. So much for a good first day at Brookline Junior High. I did a recast of my day. First the bus ride, then lunch, and falling through my window screen. Now this? No way this could all be real. I spilled onto my bed and pulled up my blanket. I fell asleep with ease and had the same dream about the sliver eyes and the flowing gown.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I was awaken by the annoying beeping of my alarm clock. Luckily enough for me the ache in my head was dull and my ears stopped ringing. I grabbed my towel off of a chair and zoomed downstairs. Yes! I was the first person up! No lines to wait in to go to the bathroom. It sounded cliché, but that was my family. Four people in the house, one bathroom. I turned on the hot water not caring if I used it all. I looked myself in the mirror and torn my giant bandage off. I looked like a semi-truck had hit me. I had all those scratches from falling and there was a pink line running across my forehead. Boy, I didn't think I hit my head that hard! I jumped into the running water and let my thoughts run free. I didn't have a care in the world.

"LEXI, OPEN THE DOOR NOW! I NEED TO USE TO SHOWER!" This was the only time of day Kiara ever got mad. "NOW! I NEED TO GET TO SCHOOL!"

"How 'bout no!" That's sibling love for you. Yelling at each other, push you down stairs, and tripping you in front of the whole Brookline comity. We even have sibling love to spare. I turned off the shower when it started to get cold and wrapped in a towel. I stepped outside onto the hard wood floor and starred at Kiara. Her hair was a complete mess. Her hair was on end and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Boy, I thought I look bad!" I joked. She push past me with a huff. I dashed to my room and unfortunately the door wasn't open and I wasn't completely looking, you can figure out what happen. I fell back with a gasp and I bruised my tailbone. Why was I getting so unlucky? I stood up and opened my door. I was the only one on the top floor so I didn't really care if my towel fell off during the fall. I grabbed random clothes to put on and combed my hair out. I flung my backpack over my shoulder ran downstairs, grabbed a Pop-tart and ran out the door. It was a bit chilly so I ran back and grabbed my sweater and swung the door shut. The drama was ruined by me slamming my fingers in the door.

"Ow!" I cursed under my breath and started to suck my two injured fingers. The had to be a source for this unpropitious week. The bus turned around the bend and halted right in front of me. I stepped onto the platform and the bus started to go. I only had one foot in to bus and I heard a rip. I really hoped it wasn't what I thought it was. I jumped in and sat at the first empty seat. I sneaked a look behind me and sure enough my pants were ripped right down the seam. Why me? Racheal stepped, more like leaped, onto the bus minutes later.

"Psst! Racheal!" I whispered. She flew over to me and sat down.

"What it it?"

"Well, um," I stumbled and I felt my face go hot, "I kind of' ripped my pants."

"Where's Riz?" She looked over the back of the smelly, old bus seat. "Oh no."

"What?" Racheal never freaked out.

"Little Rizzo found herself a new friend."

"Who?" I asked eagerly.

"Hayden Shay."

"No!" I screamed. This was a crisis. Were they talking, hugging, or even holding hands. I shuddered at the thought. I wanted to look around, but the humiliation of showing my under garments would be horrible. "Um, Racheal, what should we do about my pants?"

"I have some pins in my pack," she reached for it and pulled out a small plastic box. I think she would be ready if a giant hurricane hit Brookline. She handed my two pins and I turned around to see how big the hole was. I heard another rip and I started to panic.

"I think I may need some more," I blushed. I took my sweater off and tied it around my waist. The bus skidded to a stop and Racheal and I stood up. She marched with fury towards Rizzo. I tried to keep up with her long legs. We waited till Hayden left and Racheal started to scream.

"Rimona Claire Hunt! How dare you." She hissed through her teeth.

"Hayden is really nice. Really. He likes cheesy karate movies and skateboarding, too. Guys, chill!"

"Fine, let's go Lex!" I don't know why Racheal was being so, well, un-Racheal like. Once we were off the bus I asked her what the problem was.

"Well, this summer," she gulped, "Hayden came over and we had a lot of fun."

"That's why you were always busy!"

"Yes, I thought Hayden and I had something special. I guess not."

"Oh," I didn't really know what to say. I turned around to walk to the school when I saw the silver eyed boy and the dazing people behind him. I started to walk towards them when Racheal's hand stopped me.

"Don't!" I shook her off. I started to walk to them again, but something stopped me. I saw the tall blonde one staring at me. I though I was going to faint. I stared into his blazing eyes. They were a electric green I have only seen on one of Rizzo's dresses. The girl shook his shoulder and her turned away. I fell out of the daze and looked at Racheal.

"Your almost transparent! We should get you to the nurse."

"No, no. I'm fine, really." I headed to the school again. I heard Racheal behind me. I felt like going to class early. I took a quick left before Racheal could catch up. I sped to Mr. Bowe's room. Sure enough there they were. I sat down by Zamira.

"Hey."

"Hi!" She looked up from whatever she was doing.

"What are you doing?" I nodded towards the journal.

"Oh," She blushed and covered the notebook with her elbows, "nothing."

"Can you answer some questions?"

"Sure."

"Kay, here is goes." I took a breath, "Do you know any thing about them?" I pointed towards the group.

"Well, they have been going her ever since I have. The two tall blondes names are Skye and Victoria Mattews."

"Are they brother and sister?"

"Yes, and the shorter brunette one's name is Eyre Mason. The one with the amazing silver eyes is Night Thatche."

"Eyre and Night? Skye? Those are unusual names," I noted.

"So is Zamira," she joked. Mr. Bowe came in and starred the class down.

"Take your seats, gentlemen!" he yelled in a husky voice. "We seem to have a new student; so I hope you give her a warm welcome." A medium sized girl with long silky black hair came into the room. I immediately smelled roses and lilacs. She was wearing all black except a red undershirt and red converse. She had shocking blood red lips and coal black eyes. She stare glared around the room and had a angry look on her face.

"She seems charming," Zamira giggled. Even though it was so low I could barely hear her the girl eyed her. She glided over to us and sat down. She smelled sweet like a wildflower field.

"Hey, I'm Zamira and this is Lexi," Zam was always so kind and sweet she would probly get any thing she wanted. She grunted and looked away. Class was amazingly short. I bounded to my locker. Zamira moved lockers so, by luck, she was one locker down from mine. "By the way, why were you gone yesterday and the day before?" Yesterday? And the day before? Oh, no. Was I knocked-out so badly that I slept two whole days? Whoa.

I groaned. "Long story. I'll tell you at lunch. You know what? Ask Rizzo. She'll decently tell you if she's told the whole student body."

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I grabbed my bag off of the top of my locker and raced to the lunch room. I didn't see the rug in front of me and I went sprawling across the hall. A warm hand touched me to help up.

"Thanks," I brushed my self off and bent down to grab the random items of food I managed to throw ever where when he gave me the sac of food. "Whoa," I said under my breath. I looked up at his silver eyes.

"Hey, I'm Night, you must be new here."

"Yrm, I mean yes. Yes I am new." I blushed. I grabbed my bags, turned, and ran. There was in obstacle in my way though. A giant pole. I stumbled backwards with the blow and bolted to the door again.

"Okay then. I guess I'll see you later," I barely heard him say. Once outside I hid behind a bush and started to eat my bag of chips. I didn't really want to talk to Rizzo or Racheal when they were fighting. Racheal and Rizzo actually never had a fight before, but I wanted to stay out just in case. I was so hungry I didn't even look for Zamira.

"What were thinking!" A female voice screeched. "You could of ruined every thing! You knucklehead!"

"Thanks for being nice, Victoria," a familiar silk-like voice grumbled. "All I did was pick up her stuff!" They were talking about me! I leaned against the bush to listen for more.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I heard a branch break and I before I could even think I was thrown out into plan site.

"Night!" I heard a slap and the high-pitched girl stormed away. My cheeks started to turn red. I started to stand and when I was on my legs finally I staggered to each side. I looked up at Night's silver eyes and looked down at my worn shoes.

"Head rush," I giggled. The bell buzzed and I felt a gust of wind. I looked up and saw Night and his blonde friend half way across the school yard. The tall blonde punched him. I sighed and half ran to the door leaving ever thing behind me. When I was inside I looked around for my friends. No where. I ran to my first class, but I skidded to a stop when I saw Night talking to the office lady. I starred at him. He turned around laughing. I sprinted down the hall before he could see me. Why was he laughing? Did he know I was behind him? There was no time for this! I had to find my friends. Down the hall I spotted Zamira. I tried to walk, but I ended up running into her. "So, was it a holocaust?" She knew what I was talking about.

"Almost. I would of never thought Racheal would blow up like that!"
"I know! It must of really upset her." Zam shook her head and grabbed her books. She started to strut down the familiar hall to Spanish. I watched her carefully and noticed something I never did before. Zamira had a slight limp in her right leg. How weird! I moved two lockers down and dilled in my combo. There was a click and something fell to my feet. Déjà vu. I picked it up to find that it was written in the same fancy script. I turned the cream card over to read, Meet me after school behind the Maple Tree. Okay, now this person was a stalker? This was all too weird. That's what I get for going to a new school. The bell rang, I grabbed my books, and ran. Mr. Berekly was going to blow if I was late.

I shut my small, blue, metal locker and grabbed my backpack. I watched the buses drive down the different roads. I decided to see who this person was. What seemed like 10 minutes of waiting in the fog a gust of wind came. It knocked my backpack out of my arms and onto the cold ground. When I looked up there was a guy in the mist.

"Wha-" And I was on the ground beside my backpack.

"Nice to see you came, Alexis," A calm, icy voice sang. He flitted to my side. "Should we make this quick, or how I like it, long and horrible."

"What are you talking about? And who are you?"

"Sorry. I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Skye Mattews. We've been waiting for you." Who? He picked me up with ease and flung me over his shoulder like I was a feather. I reacted like I was a cat being dropped in water.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I hit his head with my fist, but it didn't do any good. I realized it wasn't doing any good so I sighed and gave up.

"Oh, I you want to so it this the easy way then. Jolly good."

"Do what?" I suddenly became very nervous.

"Oh sweet Alexis." He dropped me. I wasn't expecting it so I fell into a heap. He was by my head again. I started to hyperventilate. He snickered and leaned in closer. I closed my eyes. All I felt was sharp, cookie-cutter like feeling stabbed into my neck. I started to see red. I belted a blood curdling scream. I suddenly thought of my family. Kiara, Sam, Mom. Then Rizzo, Hayden, Racheal, Zamira, Zeke. Those were my last human memories. Everything went black.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I aroused with the sound of grunts and yells. I my eyes fluttered opened. There was shocking pain that hit me. I couldn't breathe. I knew I would die. I tried gulping in air, but nothing worked. The pain got stronger and hurt so much I had to scream. I tried again to take in air, but it just wouldn't come! I fell back with tears streaming down my face. The pain was unbearable. It felt like someone had put me in acid, stabbed me with forks, and put me under a sander all at the same time. I felt a pleasant wind and a familiar face was at my side. Luckily, for me, it was Night.

"Are you alright? Well, of course not. Don't worry, it only gets more painful," When he smiled I almost melted. It was weird. Even though I couldn't breathe I was still alive. I the pain shocked me and I fell to my back. I convulsed for a few seconds. It was really embarrassing, but I couldn't help it. In the back of my head I could hear a gust of wind and stern voices talking. It was a daze to me. I closed my eyes when they started to square up and growl at each other.

"How could you do this?!" Night growled, "How is she going to explain this to her family?"

"She can join us. She'll feed with us, live with us, and be one of us. There's no turning back now. Unless, well you know." They continued to talk quietly. My heart raced and my breathing never returned. My head was throbbing and there was burning everywhere. Burning in my toes, my legs, my arms, my wrists, everywhere. I started to whimper. I heard a gust of wind, and felt it, too. It felt good against my flaming skin. The voices kept talking, though, one was closer. I jumped when I heard a thunder-like sound. Then there was more pain. I felt like I was floating, only with extreme pain. My eyes were glued shut so I couldn't tell. I started to hum to myself to calm down. It helped. I didn't need air so I could hum as long as I wanted without stop. I was thrown out of my dream when I was hit with a stone wall. Then, I was flying again. I pried my glued eyes open to see a flash of dim colors fly by. The sharp stabs of pain were getting harder and harder. Every movement came along with a stab. I tried to wiggle my fingers tips. Sheer agony flushed my body. I tasted blood as I bit my lip to hold back tears. I felt firm hands lightly set me on some grass. The grass would normally feel pleasant in the break of dawn. Soft, moist, and fluffy, but now it was like a thousand needles poking my back. I relaxed as much as my body would allow and drifted off.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I had no dreams. Just blackness. A lot of blackness, too. I was semi-awake and semi-asleep. I could feel the wet earth beneath me, but couldn't move. I wouldn't move. I could hear the whispers around me. I couldn't get my eyes to pry open even if I got a pair of pliers and had the worlds' toughest guys try to open them.

The feeling in my toes started to come back. No pain, just the feeling of wet earth. Then my fingers started to wiggle. After about 10 minutes I could move my feet. I started to make pretend snow angels by moving my legs and my arms. I felt free. My breathing never returned, but I was just glad I was alive. My head stopped buzzing, I could hear a thousand and two times better, and I could feel people gathered around me. My once glued eye opened with ease. At once the bright sun started to sting my eyes. I had to blink a few times to get used to the new light. I saw a tall blonde girl looking down at me with curiosity and her brother standing by her side holding her close. I could see out of the corner of my eye a girl with familiar caramel hair leaning over a small box with a notebook in her hand. There was a much taller boy by her side. He was handing her some sort of weird iron tool. Skye, the blonde boy, turned around and stuck out his hand. Instantly the boy leaning over the tool box fell to the gravel ground. I stood up and brushed off. I almost had to cover my ears when he stomped over. All my senses seemed like they were increased. The jet black hair boy was Night. He sat down by me and asked, "How ya' feeling?" I replied with a little grin. I totally felt like a new person. Night gave me his hand and I grabbed it. I leaped to my feet and started to walk in little circles. "Are you sure your Okay? You weren't out that long. Usually a new vampire is out for at least 4 months!"

"A new what?" My own voice startled me.

"Vampire!" Night chuckled. "You see, that pain you were going thought was the act of becoming a vampire." I shuddered at the word vampire. Ugh. A high pitched voice rang in.

"You'll get use to our new life. You'll fit right in!" I looked around and saw the blonde girl. If I remember correctly it was Victoria. I was still walking in circles. I looked around at the crowd that was watching me. Night. Victoria. Eyre. Skye. And, who was that? She was turned around so I couldn't see the girl's face. I looked at Night then at the girl. He saw the glances and tapped the teenager. "Zam. Some one wants to see you." Zam? No way that could be Zamira. No way. Sure enough went she turned around a pale face looked at mine and smiled a heart warming smile. Her shocking ice blue eyes stared into mine. Whoa. I ran to her and gave her a giant bear hug.

"Um. Ow." I put her down and blushed. I didn't know my own power.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

We were all gathered around a crackling fire. Night, Skye, Eyre, Victoria, Zamira, and me. We all found some scrap blankets, even though we didn't need them. and burned some old tires in a big metal can. I looked around the

abandoned church we were sitting in. Every once in a while a few bats would fly from one beam to the other. "Back to business!" A deep voice boomed.

"Stop it Eyre!" Zamira shoved him. "Kay, how are we going to tell Lexi's parents your a vampire?"

"Let's just go up to them while they're watching their human news and tell them straight off!" Eyre said with big hand movements.

"Yea. My dad would have a heart-attack. Nice try. Also how are we going to explain why I've been gone for so long. How long was I knocked out?"

"Oh an easy 4 to say 7 weeks," Victoria piped in. "but I got you covered!" She reached behind the rock she was sitting on and threw a suitcase at me. With my awesome new vampire reflexes I caught it with ease. "You were gone for a long school drama trip."

"How did you -"

Victoria made her hand look like a phone and started to talk into it. "Hello? Is this Mr. or Mrs. Gramm? Yes, I am consulting you that Alexis will be gone on a trip for a few weeks. Thank you, bye." She did a mean impression of the school's drama teacher. I didn't even take drama.

"Nice! Now how are we going to explain this mess to my parents?"

"Well, there is no way you can stay at your house. It would just be too hard. All your families' blood in one place? No, that would not be good. Especially for a newborn like you." Skye's voice chilled me to the very bone. "Here's an idea you can do what the rest of us did. Die."

"I can WHAT?"

"You can fake dieing."

"Oh, ok." I still didn't totally understand. We all leaned in closer to the blazing, red fire and started to talk about me 'dieing.'

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

"You sure this is going to work?" I was standing one top of the highest point of my small little house's roof. I looked back to see a group of the undead staring back. It was weird to think of them as my new family. They explained everything to me. The non-breathing was part of becoming a vampire and the pain. Sure, there was some bad parts about becoming a vampire, but there are some cool parts. I'm like super human; I have the strength of 10 grown men.

I started to clime down the gutter pipe when a strong hand grabbed onto mine. I looked up at the owner of the hand, Zamira.

"Just one second! I need to grab something." Zamira let me go without a word and headed towards the others. I edged my way to my window careful not to do anything to make my parents go outside. I jumped into my room and grabbed the closest bag possible. I stuffed a few random pairs of clothes, my shoes, and a pack of gum into my bag. I also put the picture of Kiara, Sam, Mom, and Dad. They were standing on a beach with only bathing suits on. I was the one taking the picture, so like a lot of my pictures, my thumb covered some of the picture. I heard a whisper coming from behind me. I turned around finding nothing, then I heard it again. I tried to not let it scare me. I put the bag over my shoulder and headed to the roof. I started to climb up the gutter again. The whispering came back. Come to me, my darling. Now I was creped out. My hands started to reach for a loose piece of trim and missed. I let out a scream and started to fall. I hit the ground with a thump. I found the strength to turn around and pull a sharp object out of my back. Night was over me.

"Nice one, klutz." I grimaced and started to get up. "Whoa! Stay down, your parents are coming out!" He pushed me down to the ground."

"What the heck?" I murmured.

"Hold on, this won't hurt a bit." Night held a rock over his head. It wasn't a large one, but with vampire power he could bust through metal. He dropped and it contacted with my skull. Of course he lied. It was like going to dentist. The nurse will say "you may feel slight pressure" and it feels like your whole mouth will cave in. Once the rock hit my head I was out.

I woke up claustrophobic. It was still dark, oddly, and it seemed really humid. I felt fine, so I started to get up, but hit my head on something hard. I tried to roll over to push myself up, but it didn't work. I started to mutter something under my breath. What was going on? I tried to move my legs and my arms, but failed. Something was restraining me. I tried to calm myself by humming a tune. It worked. Soon I started to tap my foot. Crunch! My foot went right through part of what was holding back. I extended my arm to full length and hear the crunch sound. Dirt started to fall down onto my face. I got busy busting open the box I was trapped in. I emerged through some dirt to see the faces of my 'new family.' Eyre started to clap.

"Good job! You beat Night's record!" Victoria said with a smirk. I started to walk to them with a confused look on my face. Zamira was hugging her notebook on the ground, Victoria was on a rock, Night and Eyre were crossed-legged on the ground, and Skye was standing. I probly looked like a zombie.

"What recorded?"

"We've all gone thought this." Night commented.

"You mean getting hit on the head with a rock?"

Eyre started to laugh. "Well, sort of. I got smacked with a club by Victoria." He elbowed her. "Night was supposedly 'beat up by a gang' and Victoria was pushed off a cliff."

I smiled at the thought of Victoria in a mini skirt and heels getting pushed off a cliff. "Night, why did you hit me on the head with a rock?"

"Your parents were coming out and I had to think fast. I decided to follow the trend and knock you out myself."

"Um, Okay. What else happened?"

"I explained that you fell out your window and hit your head." I felt my head. There was a huge lump. I also looked up at my bedroom window. A ripped screen was waving in the breeze.

"Where did you find the screen?" I asked.

"Where else? Under your bed!" Eyre piped in.

"All your parents know is that you have been dead for 2 days."

"How did you do this all so fast?"

"Do what?" Nights words made the dark turn eerie.

"Find the screen, hit me on the head, and rush down here so fast?"

"I have my ways." He brushed off his shoulder.

"You see Lexi we all have super-" Eyre didn't finish because Night smacked him.

"Oh let him talk!" Skye boomed. This was the first time he talked all night.

"You see Lexi we all have super powers. Well, sort of. Night can freeze time. I can go back and forward in time. Victoria can force a bubble around her and turn invisible. Zamira can read minds and Skye can persuade people using his mind."

"So, do I have a power?" I really hoped I did! How fun that would be!

"We'll have to see," Skye whispered.

"Not tonight, I'm beat!" Zamira yawned and stretched her arms.

"Vampires sleep?"

"Why of course!" Eyre broke into laughter. "You don't believe in those horror movies do you?"

"What Eyre means to says is you have a lot to learn about the vampire life. Now come on! We don't want to stay here until dawn, do we?" Skye, I guess, was the leader of the pack.

On our way to the old church I asked loads of questions.

"So, can we go out in the sun?"

"Well, it's complicated. We can, but not for long. We'll be burnt to a crisp." Skye was being nice about answering my ignorant questions.

"Where will we sleep?"

"We travel place to place. Quite often actually." I stopped to see the giant church. The steeple was higher than I could ever imagine. Black ravens were swarming the angled roof.

© 2009 Raeana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

482 Views
Added on March 23, 2009

Author

Raeana
Raeana

Kalispell, MT



About
I have been writing a novel about supernaturals, well thats why I am here! more..

Writing
Fangs Fangs

A Story by Raeana





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114