Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by I.R. Charles
"

The secrets of the book are told. Characters are introduced. The villain is revealed.

"

Epilogue

Artemis watches the fireball engulf them. The mall vanishes. Then, in a period of time, that feels longer than forever, but shorter than a blink, passes, and Artemis opens their eyes. They find themselves in a grand theatre. They’re on the stage, in the centre is a black sleek piano. It reflects the light into Artemis’ eyes. Artemis �" I… I blink and look around. How did I get here? The mall? Dante? The explosion? I try not to think. I ignore the clambering thoughts and approach the piano. I cautiously sit at the chair, I raise my hands and begin playing.

Another nonsensical period of time passes before a voice stirs me.
“Artemis?” The voice gasps.
I continue to play, but I look up. “Ellie?” I reply in as much surprise as her, “What?”
“I can ask you the same f*****g question.” Ellie splutters.
“I asked first.”
“I’m older.”
“I was just blown up.”
Ellie frowns, “Arty, that was almost two years ago…”
I stop playing, “What?” 
The sound of clapping stops Ellie from replying. Ellie and I look around the theatre, trying to find the source,
“Bravo.” A voice calls, a sly voice.
“Who’s there?” I call weakly,
“Your lord and saviour.” The voice says materialising by the piano. A man, about thirty, dressed in casual clothes.
“Jesus Christ?” Ellie asks,
“No.” The man says frowning, “The one who incites fear into children at night.”
“A paedophiliac father?” Ellie chimes in,
“Silence you insolent child.” The man says.
I watch as Ellie goes to say something, but she doesn’t, her mouth opens but nothing comes out.
“That’s much better.” The man smiles, “I’m the one who brings fear to everyone.” The man says, “And you two are part of my disciples.” He says.
“We are?” I ask, thoroughly confused,
“Yes my young child. You are the most important. Death.” The man says, “And you Pestilence, are the most deadly. I have yet to find the other two, War and Famine. But I think I know where to look.” He clicks his fingers. In front of me is Max. Max stares down into the sky. “Watch.” The man says; his form shimmers until he’s Max. The real Max watches as the fake walks up to her. The real Max runs a hand over her short hair; she whispers something. Then she’s gone, and me, Fake Max, and Ellie are back in the theatre. Fake Max shimmers until it’s the man again, “War.” He says. He clicks his fingers again. And they find themselves in a room, bare rock walls and two beds. On one bed is Max, on the other is her twin, James. The man smiles, “Famine.” He says. He clicks his fingers again, and I scream. They’re on a bridge, high above a river. Chloe stands in front of them, her brown hair flapping in the wind. She looks directly at me, but doesn’t see them. Then the wind picks her up and drops her. I rush to the side and looks over, I scream.
“Chloe!”
“And the key to my release. My siblings locked me away. She freed me allowing me to begin my revenge.”
“Bring her back!” I demand turning to the man,
“Join me. And I can do one better. I can bring her back to life. And you can be together.”
I don’t say anything, “And you Pestilence, what do you want?” the man continues, “There has to be something.” The man probes. 
“I said there’s nothing.” Ellie says. She blinks in surprise, as if she’s amazed she can speak. The man is clearly as surprised as her.
“What?” He says in fear,
“What?” me and Ellie say in unison,
“Nothing.” The man says quickly. He clicks his fingers and they’re back in the theatre. “So, Death, what’s the choice?”
I look at Ellie, “I’m in. What about you El?”
“No.” She says,
“Then you’re decided.” He smiles, I’m going to enjoy killing you and that damned tree.” The man says cracking his knuckles.

Then the world is black, and another period of time passes. Then I wake. I open my eyes, and find myself in a cathedral, surrounded by eight chairs and seven gigantic people. 



© 2020 I.R. Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on April 12, 2020
Last Updated on April 12, 2020
Tags: teen, action, adventure, horror, mystery, experimental, lgbt, nonbinary, gay


Author

I.R. Charles
I.R. Charles

France



About
I spend a lot of my time writing :) I have many projects in the works so always keep an eye out. What do I write? Currently i'm writing a series of ya books (that i'm struggling to give a genre .. more..

Writing