TOTALLY HIS IDEA!!!

TOTALLY HIS IDEA!!!

A Chapter by Lizzie_Madrid

Chapter 1

TOTALLY HIS IDEA!

 

I would just like to say now: It was all his idea! Although I think if you have been around, for-like-EVER, you get kinda bored.  But hey, Daredevil Shadow here- agreed instantly. I was lined up for a long, boring summer, watching reruns, eating ice cream, and making my folks upset.

 

Hey, so what? I am not a model daughter; I am not going to college, and will NOT put on a dress. Unless I like it.

 

So when James brings me a list, with a bright red title, ‘How to Get Kicked Out of Wal*Mart: 500 Ways!’ I get a big, goofy grin on my face. James is already getting me a bag, his is in my bedroom doorway, with the keys to his ’67 Camaro, on top of it. I love his car. First time I saw it, I almost drooled all over the powder blue hood. Not a very nice scene.

 

“Are we seriously doing this?” I ask him, rising, and going over to my dresser. I started grabbing my clothes like mad and dropping them in the open bag he was holding.

 

He shrugged, “I figured you would like something to do for the next year. So you have to deal with your overly disappointed parents about you not getting into college.” He gave me that adorable half-smile of his that always made my heart flutter a little. And I have been seeing it for over a year!

 

“You’re the best boyfriend ever!” I declared, right as I heard a car door slam out in the driveway. We both jumped. In an unspoken understanding, we hurried up.

 

There was no way my parents would let me out of the house with a bag in hand. I rushed over and locked my door. James threw a pair of Converse, my laptop, my phone, and my MP3 player into the bag, zipping it up hurriedly. He was way older than my parents, but I think being scared of parents is #1 is Relationship 101.

 

“Shadow, you here dear?” My mom shouted as she walked into the house, a floor down. She sure knew how to have her voice carry. I threw on my shoes and sweater, pretty much literally.

 

“Yeah! Be down in a sec!” I was already writing a sloppy note on a piece of scrap paper. I dropped it on my bed, unlocked the door, and was heading to the window, where James was waiting, 2 bags in hand, keys in his mouth. Unsanitary I know, but he made it look so hot, with his black hair and eyes that matched the color of his car so well. I remembered quickly the papers on my bed and ran over and snatched them quickly. No need for my parents to know what I was really doing.

 

We hurried down the ladder that was so well placed right under my window. My mom for some reason never thought about me climbing down her ivy growing-thingy. Which I did many times. We rushed over to his car. Just about then my mom decided to look out the window. Which of course it had to be the window that looked onto James’s car. She shrieked so piercingly, Mr. Mooseman looked up from his mowing. I think the whole street heard. We all froze. When the ice shattered, me and James jumped in car and peeled out so fast I don’t think anyone blinked. About 10 miles later, I was finally relaxing.

 

I smiled so big, just thinking about what we were gonna do, how free I felt, the wind blowing my hair around.

 

I looked over at James, “Where to first?” I asked.

 

He smirked, “ Just you wait and see.” With that he pressed the pedal to the metal, and all that was left behind was echo of our laughter.



© 2012 Lizzie_Madrid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on August 18, 2012


Author

Lizzie_Madrid
Lizzie_Madrid

Optima, OK



About
I am thirteen and I love to write! I normally never finish, but hey! Right now I am working on 'Kicked Out of Wal*Mart'! It is gonna be very funny! Read, Comment, Review, Flame, Whatever! I just want .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lizzie_Madrid