Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Raeeeee♡
"

Check out my story.

"
Mondays. If there was one thing I hated more than people,it had to be Mondays. I don't know what I did wrong, but every Monday in my life always found a way to frustrate me and ruin the effort I'd try so desperately to protect.

I mean, just last week Monday I got fired. And unemployment leads to a lot of problems like being completely broke while having billions of bills to pay, and being frequently disturbed by a stupid landlord. I don't know if this is another Monday malfunction but my stupid phone won't stop ringing.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT." I yelled, feeling relieved by finally getting the chance to shout at someone.

"Geez girl, I didn't cause non of yo problems so don't get mad at me." The caller said, it was Daisy. I could recognize that voice even if I was deaf. We've been best friends since I can remember and I swear I love this girl, but if she doesn't say something important, I'm going to hang up on her.

"You still haven't answered my question Daisy, what's up?"

"I got you a job." she says.

"You're not playing with me,right?" I said giving her all of my attention.

"I'm dead serious, you wouldn't stop whining about your old job, so I got you a new one." She said causally like it was completely normal to just get someone a new job because they complained once.

"You're amazing Daiz, Where do I work? When do I start?" I said, happiness evident in my voice.

"Um,today?" She said draggingly. "I'll send you the addr-"

"Hold up,what time?" I said cutting her off.

"See,that's the reason I called. You're already running ten minutes late."

****

I was thirty-five minutes late for my first day at a new job. I'd already ruined any chance I had at being the most punctual worker. I mean,I know I wouldn't, but I wanted to, that was already out of reach. I'll just blame everything that happens at this job from today on Daisy because she FORGOT to tell me she had got me a job and I was sure it was because she was out partying all weekend.

Ten minutes. I took ten minutes to get ready.  That had to be a new record for me. I was talking to the receptionist with disheveled hair, smudged makeup, and mismatched clothes. I was sure I looked horrible because the receptionist wouldn't stop staring at me.

"I'm Kenna, Do you have an appointment?" She said faking smile at me.

"Um, yh, I'm here to talk to the CEO." I said glaring at her. Daisy eventually sent me the work details. I would be working as a Personal Assistant to the C.E.O of one of the biggest marketing companies in the city.

"I'll let him know you're here. Take the elevator upstairs, Fourth floor." She said with her fake smile. If I wasn't nervous, I woulda slapped that stupid smile off her face.

I know she said to use the elevator, but I took the stairs. I just wanted to compose myself a bit, but I ended up doing the opposite because it looked like I'd ran a marathon. After One thousand,five hundred and thirty four steps, (Yes I counted it,call me crazy) I finally got there. I opened the door nervously and said in a fake high pitched voice.

"Good morning sir."

"You're fired." A deep voice replied curtly. If I wasn't too shocked from what he said, I would have totally been weak in the knees.

"Y... You can't fire me." I said in a panicked voice. Maybe this was another bad luck the god of Mondays had sent my way.

"And why is that?" The voice said, without the owner looking at me.

I took a deep breath. This felt like an interview. In my head he just said, Why do you need this job,miss. I could go on and on about my problems, maybe play the pity card a bit. But I wasn't going to.

"You can't fire me, I quit." I said and attempted a catwalk out of the office like that statement didn't just make things worse. I couldn't take the job, I was twenty and inexperienced. The only degree I had was from high school. Besides there were other people who would do better than me. And I was sure they wouldn't arrive over forty minutes late.

Heck the dude didn't even want me there, who gets fired on their first day.  I took out my phone from my bag as I made my way to the elevator.

"Daisy, Come pick me up at the front of the stupid building you wanted me to work at." I said hanging up before she could say anything. I was was supposed to be sad that I lost this big opportunity at keeping myself from being perpetually broke, but I felt nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.

I was walking out of the building when I felt someone eyes on me. Of course, the fake receptionist. I stopped and turned to look at her. She quickly turned away and tried to pretend like she wasn't just staring at me.

"I think your life would be easier if you could being bitchy and judgmental." I said and walked out of the building.



© 2022 Raeeeee♡


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on October 27, 2022
Last Updated on October 27, 2022
Tags: Violet, Asher, Fiction


Author

Raeeeee♡
Raeeeee♡

Writing
Violet Violet

A Book by Raeeeee♡