Writing Prompt 1:Hello

Writing Prompt 1:Hello

A Story by Raeven
"

Found on a writing prompt website, think I may start using these to get back into writing.

"
Hello. I see you, but you don't see me, or anything else for that matter. You're glued to your phone, like most people. But sadly, you're missing out on something great by being so attached to such a small device. You're walking straight at me, but I doubt you'll see me, even though I'm literally right under your nose. If you could just put down that phone for two seconds, you'd see me, a small but amazing blessing. You get closer, and you're now laughing at something. I wish someone smiled at me like that, but like usual, it's just wishful thinking. You're about to pass right by me, and although I wish you would see me, I've given up on making a sound to get attention. There you are, right in front of me, yet so far away. You have really long hair, and your smile is still on your face. I can't help it, I make a small sound. I know it's just wasted, but...oh? You stopped. You're looking around...You seem confused. Hope tries to fill my heart, but I quickly stamp it down. Maybe it was a coincidence... You're about to resume your walk when I make another sound. You heard it, this time you're sure. You look down the alley that I've called home for so long, and you see me. Is that sadness in your eyes? It's been so long since anyone's noticed me, I can't even tell. You come closer, staring right at me. I stare up at you, hoping you'll pick me up. You crouch down and touch my head, and I move it closer to your hand. It hurts to move, but when I haven't been touched in so long, the pain is so worth it. I wag my tail, and I'm so happy someone noticed me finally... I lick your hand, and I close my eyes as you continue to pet me. Before I go to sleep, I hear you say something. You said "I'd like to report an injured animal...a dog, yes..." These are the last words I here before I drift away. Thank you for saying Hello, even if it was the last thing said to me.

© 2017 Raeven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on June 16, 2017
Last Updated on June 16, 2017

Author

Raeven
Raeven

Waco, TX



About
I'm now twenty one. years old, love writing (although I feel like it's not as good as people say it is), and I love to read new types of writing. Feel free to send me read requests, and I'll leave a c.. more..

Writing
Angel no.1 Angel no.1

A Poem by Raeven