Dominatrix

Dominatrix

A Poem by PianoandPage

my muse is a dominatrix
it's true
a sugar-thorned flower BLACK
with pistil-whipping eyes that undress me
regress me
till all i can do is suckle the leather bound teats that
inspire and nourish
and with a flourish of whip-sharp wit she bites me
rewrites me
excites me with pain
my plain jane keeper of chains
the train of her gown is my funeral shroud
'cause breath without her eloquence
her straight-edged razor elegance
is flatlined-discorpeal consonants and in that sense
i'm already dead.
~so it's a good thing she's a necrophiliac
she's my /sadistic/ savior
my "christ-with-a-c**t"
with candy-striper canings that are raining down redemptional
blows
and i owe her everything
my life
my art
this submissive heart
this unfulfilled part
MAY I NEVER BE COMPLETE!
but grant me taste of the virgin's monthly blood
MAY I NEVER BE CONTENT!
but promise me placement at persephone's feet
MAY I NEVER KNOW LOVE!
but bed me in sunsets finger painted by GOD
MAY I NEVER ACHIEVE MY DREAMS!
but let me your poet
at least let me be that...
surrendered in your sugar-thorned arms of pain
and acceptance

© 2016 PianoandPage


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was afraid by the title that I was going to be serenaded by that same pornographic s**t from that woman who wrote "You f*****g tease." I'm happy to instead find a very literate and thoughtful piece about creativity and our inability to control it. I feel the same way. Right now I am hot to trot, but I always fear the day when the drought hits. This is beautiful friend, truly and I don't use that word lightly (at least I don't think I do). Anyway The pleas in caps are so poignant. This was very moving.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! You know, this could be great as spoken word! Truly so love! I am amazed by the impact of flow here :) Awesome work:)
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW....I've got chills now :)

Very provocative, yet man, do you love your Domme!

I see it, I feel it, it's written in your words :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I F*****G LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, thank you so much for suggesting this. What a fantastic write and about your muse. I have a love hate with mine, so I can appreciate how she can tear into your soul and leave you lusting after her thereafter.

Thanks and well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it love it love it! Oh its so wonderful! Well written;
euphony (sounds good when read out loud) intonation, rythym..and just wow, good writing.
Im not being very articulate haha I apologize.
But yes, basically, its really good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


OK I am speechless, I have read this 3 times now and I just want to say 'WOW' which is not very descriptive for a poet hehe. So many amazing lines and descriptions here and different ones jump out at me on each reading. I love love love the 'sunsets finger painted by god'. I love the pace of this poem which builds up and peaks and then gently ends and I am sure there is a technical word, which I dont know, for when you make a rhyme within the poem as you did in these lines, which also really worked for me...

and with a flourish of whip-sharp wit she bites me
rewrites me
excites me with pain

OK I got sidetracked by the title of this one... now I will keep looking for Medusa which is what I meant to review :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a delicious read for me...I do like what your Mistress does to you....she needs to keep up that magic...
I also enjoyed the heavily laced SM theme going here as well....and you presented your Venus In Furs well, without being crass or over the top.
Tell me you read this to her on your knees.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"surrendered in your sugar-thorned arms of pain
and acceptance" -

"sugar-thorned" because it hurts but it's sweet (I think you did a good job of conveying that in a single expression) and "acceptance" is the important word here, to me at least, because people who are 'into' BDSM and similar, must feel that they've finally found acceptance for all the things they thought and wanting, fearing it was wrongful...likewise, the writer has self-doubt and can feel like a freak indulging in masturbatory self-satisfaction...but the muse accepts it all, because she is the bringer of inspiration and sometimes frustration when the b***h decides to deprive you...

I don't think i articulated that very well, but hopefully you get the gist of my understanding.

"and i owe her everything
my life
my art
this submissive heart
this unfulfilled part
MAY I NEVER BE COMPLETE" - from this section, it seems like the poem maybe partially deals with the fact that writing can derive from pain (mental/physical), that being dissatisfied or disheartened with life etc. can be the driving force behind the need and will to write.

Really, really great imagery and use of S&M associations, linked into a writer's 'suffering'.
I enjoyed this; it was both entertaining and interesting.

Thanks for posting it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rough start but I ended up loving this. It's hyperbolic which is always a pleaser and clever too. I kinda see this as commentary on those of us who write poetry that's a little off center. Our inspiration simply does not come from virtuous maidens in white. It comes from the uber b***h you described. By the way, a dominatrix that wears a gown with a train sounds exciting; mine doesn't do that. Does yours take referrals?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The rhythm and internal rhyme in this poem are phenominal! I love reading it aloud and envisioning this dominatrix demanding you type it harder, faster, slapping your wrists - "No, no - you can't delete that..not yet!"

This was such fun and you make writing seem sexy and more externally elaborate than the reality of being a grey blob hunched over a keyboard.

This is really a spectacular piece - Faves!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 10, 2008
Last Updated on January 3, 2016

Author

PianoandPage
PianoandPage

san jose, CA



About
My name is Amy and I am a 35 year old creative poet, writer, pianist, and lover of life and nature. I tend to write about my passions both good and bad. I love to challenge myself and improve my style.. more..

Writing
AUTOPSY AUTOPSY

A Poem by PianoandPage



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..