Excerpt

Excerpt

A Chapter by BkHolic_15
"

Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul. -- Thomas Merton

"

I quickly descended the stairs, my hair flying behind me like the cape of a princess. Then, as I looked up, impatient to see what had caused the ambiguous noise, I stopped dead in my tracks. It was so sudden; it felt like a wall had slammed itself in my way, making my hair flatten itself against my back.

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. It wasn’t going. I could still see it, right there, a few feet away. For a moment I grew confused as my head tilted to the side, the rest of my body staying motionless on the bottom of the staircase.

“This can’t be, it’s impossible,” I convinced myself in my head with as much denial as I could muster.

However, it then started to penetrate. The image that was now burnt into my brain for the rest of my life started to make sense to my hesitant mind. My lips parted slightly as I finally felt it.

Pain. There was so much pain, it was as if ice had wrapped itself around my heart painfully tight, taking it in a cold, merciless grip as it crippled it a bit by a horrifying bit; and with it, an involuntary scream of terror and disbelief tore itself out of my lungs.

There on the ground was my mother. Blood was seeping from the gash of an open wound in her neck and her chest was completely still and unmoving. But what made the ground give out from under me was seeing her eyes. Those eyes were once warm and smiling; they used to always be so warm and smiling.

Not anymore.

Those eyes… they were glassy. They were unfocused.

They were lifeless.

A soft mew involuntarily escaped my parted lips at the agonizing sight. 



© 2014 BkHolic_15


Author's Note

BkHolic_15
For now I am posting just as excerpt from an (incomplete) story/book of mine. It's pretty short but I just wanted to know how people will react to it, what advice I could get... So if you take the time to read it and give me any opinions you might have (the good and the bad), I will really, really freaking appreciate it. Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy it or that it engages you at all! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014
Tags: love, life, hate, death, blood, revenge, family, hope, helplessness


Author

BkHolic_15
BkHolic_15

Doha, Qatar



Writing