Minecraft- Inside and Out

Minecraft- Inside and Out

A Story by Raina Mist
"

Spencer, his little sister Yolanda, and their parents get pulled into the wonderful world of Minecraft. As they try to survive, Spencer suspect his parents are hiding something from their children..

"
Minecraft: Inside and Out
A Minecraft Fanfic/ Head canon written by Raina Mist

Credits to Mark Cheverton for the original idea of putting someone in Minecraft. This is my head canon/ fanfic that I hope you enjoy.

Dedicated to Mark Cheverton, his team/ son, Joseph Garrett, A.K.A. Stampylongnose, and my family, who put up with me while I wrote this and multiple other stories in secret.

Chapter 1: Into Minecraft
DJRECNEPS321

Spencer grabbed a croissant off the table. It was probably the only thing he was going to eat in an hour. It was super early in the morning. Spencer woke up earlier than usual, so he was going to get an early start. He was heading to his basement. That’s where his computer was. The reason he was going down there in the first place was that he was going to play Minecraft. He was building a huge metropolis on one of his worlds, and it was almost complete. He just had to make a couple of shops, finish building a skyscraper, build the park, and then it was finished. He was uber proud of it. One, because he built it all by himself, and two, because he made it all in Survival Mode. He gathered the materials in that mode too. It was a huge accomplishment, and Spencer knew it. It took him most of the year to gather and build. But, finally, it was almost complete. He sprinted down the stairs with anticipation, but he almost tripped over some stuff when he got to the bottom. His little sister Yolanda liked to play down here, and there was always something left over from the games she played. Spencer was too old for such, being 16. He usually spent his time coding, reading, and playing Minecraft. (He wasn't much of a sports person) And when he wasn’t doing that, he was eating, sleeping or at school. But it was Saturday, so he had the whole day to himself. The only problem was, his basement was huge. Now that usually wasn’t a problem, but since it was so large, his dad’s office was down there. And so was his mothers. And, combined with Yolanda’s play area, there was usually always one person down there. He could never have privacy while he played Minecraft. But today, that was going to change. Spencer was going to have one hour of alone time, and he wanted to make it count.

He weaved through toys and stuffed animals and reached his computer. It was the fastest he could buy. That was so the lag when he played Minecraft would be less. But, still, there was always a little bit here and there. Games were always like that.

He slid into his chair and pressed the start button. It glowed green under his finger. The loading screen slowly churned away, the spinning circle of death on it’s forever course to infuriate Spencer. His computer always loaded slower than it should. He wasn’t sure why, but he ignored it. There was nothing he could do about it. When the circle stopped, the screen switched to that of his background; a Minecraft diamond. He clicked on the Minecraft icon, and it started it’s loading process. When that was completed, he pressed play. He switched to the world the metropolis was on and entered it. His character spawned in a building, where he had left it. He quickly got his bearings and went off to finish his city.

One hour later, he was finished. “Finally!” He said as he placed the last block. Suddenly his sister Yolanda came down the stairs and said,
“Finally what?” Spencer replied,
“I finished my city! Took long enough.” Yolanda smiled,
“Cool! Can I see?” He nodded,
“Yeah. Come here. This is my apartment complex, that’s my hotel, that’s the park, and that’s the mall. There’s a lot of other stuff too.” Yolanda said,
“Woah. that’s a lot.” She stared at the screen. Spencer said,
“Not really.” It was weird, but Spencer kinda liked having his little sister’s approval. Also, he watched a lot of videos on YouTube. There were so many worlds bigger than his, and a lot more high tech. They had automated bathrooms and everything. But, this would have to do. “Whatever. It’s not like I’m gonna be judged or anything.” Spencer thought.

Suddenly, he saw a flash of light from the basement’s high window. Following it was a deafening roll of thunder. “Hey, I think Thor wants to get someone’s attention.” Yolanda joked. Spencer gave her a nervous smile, and hit escape on his computer. He hated storms. They reminded him of lightning striking his friend Jeffery a couple of years ago. He had barely survived. Now, he was deathly afraid of them. No one knew of his fear, and he intended to keep it that way. He exited his Minecraft world, but instead of quitting the game, he accidentally entered a different world. “Aw shoot.” Spencer said. Before he could quit, Yolanda asked,
“What’s that?” Her brother replied,
“It’s a new world. I only had time to create it yesterday.” Yolanda said,
“Oh okay. Just wondering.”

Before they had a chance to do anything else, an even louder peal of thunder rocked the house, and it shook Spencer to the bone. He wanted to hide in his closet and stay there forever. But, of course, he would never do that. At least, not in front of anyone. Especially his sister. She would tell everyone at school and he would become a laughingstock.. No, he would stay calm, and do what he always did when something frightened him. He pretended all his fear was contained in a little ball, and he was crushing that ball down so that it practically did not exist. It was a tip he picked up from Anakin Skywalker. At least, the way some writer named Patricia described it. Usually that helped a little, but there was something off… something about this storm that scared him more than anything else. Then he realized what it was. “Hey sis, where’s the lightning? Usually it strikes before the thunder.” She put her hand on her hip and said,
“Yeah… that is weird.” Suddenly, Spencer saw the lightning. It struck the power lines outside his house! He could see the electricity traveling along the wires, the white line glowing angry and bright. It reached his house, and the lights flickered for a second. “Well, that was a little undramatic.” Yolanda quipped. As soon as she spoke the words, the world started to get fuzzy, and Spencer got tunnel vision. He stood up and tried to steady himself, the chair suddenly feeling too wobbly, but his hands seemed to be stuck to the keys of the keyboard. He tried to pull his hands away from the mouse, but they seemed glued to the controls. His hands were connected to the keys by some kind of energy. He looked at Yolanda, feeling too tired to talk, and she said, “Uh, Spence? Are you okay? You’re glowing white. She put her hands on Spencer, trying to help him, but right as she did, she was enveloped in the same white light his hand’s were. She suddenly looked very tired and sick. The last thing he heard before he and his sister drifted off into unconsciousness, was the mooing of cows, the oinking of pigs, and the clucking of chickens…

Chapter 2: Finding a Familiar Face
AndiTheAnimalLover

Andi awoke to see a blue sky and strange white clouds floating across it. Was she dreaming, or did they look like Minecraft clouds? Or did her parents find her, took her to the hospital, and she was looking out the window? She lifted her head to check, but all that she saw was green grass, tall trees and animals wandering about. “Where am I?” She wondered. She closed her eyes for a moment, and she rubbed her head. It felt foreign, strange, and… blocky? She felt her fingers. They were square too. “What?” She said weakly. She opened her eyes, and a pig was staring her in the face! The pig oinked, and she jumped up and yelled in surprise. It squealed and ran away. That pig’s face was… blocky? But, that wasn't possible, unless…

Andi ran down the hill she was atop, tripping on blocks. “What…?” she said aloud. “No. No freakin’ way. I’m… I’m inside of… Minecraft!” Andi just stared at her surroundings. She was inside Minecraft! But how? Oh, of course. The storm. Lightning must have struck her house. But, that didn’t explain why she was inside her brother’s computer. “What if it crashes, or the power goes out, or…” A thousand possibilities ran through her mind, each one making her more afraid. No. She had to stop thinking about the what if, and focus on the now.” It was a tip she learned from reading some Minecraft books written by Mark Cheverton. Actually, come to think of it, this same exact thing happened to Gameknight999. He got trapped in Minecraft too. But, anyway, she and her brother had a habit of taking things from books and integrating it into their lives. And at this juncture, she wished she had read Hatchet, because she could use some survival tips right about now. Andi knew what to do, but she couldn’t call the facts from her memory. Suddenly it came to her. “Wood. I need wood.” She started walking to the forest that was right across from her. She started punching trees down with her fists; she didn’t have an axe yet.

As she cut down multiple trees, memories of her family came to mind, especially her brother Spencer. Or DJRECNEPS321, as he was called in Minecraft. That was his gamertag. Andi’s real name was Yolanda, and her gamertag was AndiTheAnimalLover. Andi was her nickname in real life. And RECNEPS spelled backward is SPENCER. She wondered if DJ was in Minecraft with her. After all, they were both connected to the computer when they got sucked into this whole mess. She wondered if and when she saw him, what skin he was wearing. She wondered what skin she was wearing. Andi looked down at herself and saw extremely long and wavy lavender hair, with a mint streak down the left side. She was surprised she hadn’t tripped on it by now. It reached down to her ankles. Speaking of clothes, she was wearing a neon green crop top, and neon pink shorts. Her black boots stretched up to her knees, and her hands had those kinds of gloves with no fingers. Andi called them texting gloves. On her head was a neon pink headband. She took it off and tied her hair back with it. She would braid it later.

After she had gathered almost almost a stack of wood, Andi noticed it was getting dark. That was bad; nighttime is monster time. She had yet to create a house. She quickly got to work making a crafting table. Opening her inventory was strange. She didn’t know how she did it, but she somehow made her table and placed it down on the ground. She made a sword, a pickaxe, an axe, and a shovel. Hoes were useless, unless you really like farming. She mined up the crafting table with her axe, and went to the side of the hill that she spawned atop. But as soon as she broke the first block, she heard a groan. It wasn’t from a zombie, but a person. “That sounded like Spencer!” Andi thought. She heard it again, and she followed it to the source. Her brother was lying on the ground next to a tree! Well, she had the answer to her skin question she asked herself earlier. He was wearing a skin that made him look like a ninja. (She wondered what he looked like without the mask.) His gamertag was floating above his head in the little green box she had so often seen when she was just a normal user. She quickly knelt next to him and said, “Spencer, DJRECNEPS321? Hey bro. Can you hear me? What happened? Are you okay?” Another moan escaped him, and he opened his eyes a slit.
“Wha… What happened? Where are we? And… why do you look like you have your Minecraft skin on?” He sat up a bit, and looked around. “Oh… crud. Are we were I think we are?” Andi answered,
“Yes we are. Now come on. I found a place to build a house.” She helped him get up, and they walked to the hill. She gave half of her wood to him, and set down her crafting table. As DJ crafted, Andi dug a hole in the side of the hill. When DJ was done, he mined up the crafting table and set it in their temporary home. Luckily, Andi found some coal while she was mining, and she made a couple of torches. She placed them in the room, and she sealed the door with pieces of cobblestone.

“Now, can you please tell me what’s going on? Why are we inside Minecraft? And, how exactly did we get here, Yolanda?” DJ asked, clearly ticked.
“First, I have no idea why we’re here. Second, I think it had something to do with that storm. And third, don’t use real names online remember? I’m not Yolanda anymore. I’m Andi. And your DJ, not Spencer.” DJ rolled his eyes, the only thing that was visible. His ninja mask covered most of his face.
“Fine, Andi. So… now what…? Do we…” Andi pulled out her pickaxe in one hand, her shovel in the other.
“We mine. That’s what we do in Minecraft. Right bro?” Andi couldn’t see it, but she felt DJ smiling at her.
“Right sis.” He said. He got out his shovel and pickaxe as well.

Chapter 3: Mining with Googlies
DJRECNEPS321

DJ and Andi mined down for a while. Not straight down, mind you, but a staircase. They dug two separate passageways, right next to each other, so they could see each other, but not get in each others way. Andi started humming a song, something DJ recognized as the theme song from Iron Man: Armored Adventures. She watched that show a lot. For some reason, he could remember the words. Something like… “He’s a man on a mission. With armor of high tech ammunition. Trapped on the edge of an endless game, his teenage life will never be the same. In a dangerous world, he does all he can; he’s Iron Man! Iron Man!” Oh great. Now DJ had it stuck in his head. He hummed along with Andi, and she started to sing the words to herself. DJ suddenly switched the song to Call Me Maybe, and they both laughed. As they did, DJ heard laughter. Not their laughter, but someone else’s. It was like it was inside his head, but it seemed like he was hearing it too. Andi apparently heard the same thing, because she stopped mining and asked, “What’s that?” DJ stopped too and shrugged.
“I dunno. Probably just that glitch messing with our brains. We did just get zapped into my computer, ya know. Actually, I’m kinda surprised that you’re not freaking out right now. Usually, you’d be going crazy.” It was true. If this was any other situation, Andi would probably going absolutely mental.
“Yeah. It’s weird, but I kinda hear this music in my head. For lack of a better term, it calms me… I guess. I know it sounds strange.” DJ frowned.
“No it’s not.” As soon as Andi had started talking about it, he heard it. It was somber, soothing, and… strangely happyish? It was hard to explain. “Huh. Weird.” DJ thought. “Whatever.” He and Andi were probably losing it, but DJ tried not to think about that. Instead, he focused on mining.

After about two more minutes of digging down, Andi ran into a cave. “Hey bro; a cave.” She said. DJ stopped mining and said,
“Oh. Good.” They got out their swords and entered the cave. Andi put down her crafting table and made two stone swords and two stone pickaxes. She gave one of each to DJ, and mined up the crafting table. Andi handed eight torches to DJ, and the duo went down deeper into the flesh of Minecraft, placing torches as they go.

After walking a couple steps, DJ pulled out his pickaxe and mined up some coal he found. Andi did the same with the iron right next to it. Together they gathered it all, and they, placed it in their inventories. They went down farther, and gathered up all the materials as they went. After they had been going down for a bit, they heard growls coming from up ahead. Not someone growling, but something. It was a sorrowful wail, filled with hatred with all living things. It would kill someone for only one reason; it lived. The moan belonged to a zombie. DJ shifted his pickaxe from his right hand to his left, and pulled out his sword with his newly freed hand. It was his job to protect his sister. He had always asked his parents for more responsibility, and finally they had given him some. “Take care of your sister when I’m not around.” He had said. DJ was planning on carrying out the order. “Stay here.” He told Andi.
“It’s just one zombie. No way.” She replied.
“Yes way. Dad told me to take care of you when he’s not here, and that’s what I’m gonna do. Now stay put.” Andi crossed her arms, rolled her eyes, and sighed.

DJ took out his torches and placed one in front of him. He kept moving in this fashion toward the the zombie, using the growls and the scuffling of feet as his guide. He eventually reached it, but what he found was not what he expected. The zombie looked real! Instead of blunt stubs for hands, at the end of each arm was five pointed claws, razor sharp and waiting to slice and pierce flesh. It was a sickly emerald color, and was clothed in the traditional zombie garb of light blue shirt and navy pants. It looked like a zombie Steve. (Apparently, when you get sucked into Minecraft, everything is more HD) It noticed DJ and moaned. It charged. DJ pulled out his wooden sword, and switched it for his pickaxe. Now he had two swords; a stone one in his right, a wooden one in the other. When the zombie saw this, he knew this wasn’t just some user out to mine. It looked right above his head, and then higher. It gasped and looked surprised. DJ didn’t know what the zombie was looking at, but he intended to use it to his advantage. He sprinted towards it, and cut at it with both of his swords. DJ didn’t take any fighting or self-defense lessons, but he seemed to anticipate it’s moves without even trying. Every time he sliced it, it flashed red. But, even with his new-found super power, he still got sliced once. The zombie slashed at his skin, and claws found flesh. DJ cried out in pain. It hurt. A lot. But while it was distracted by the screaming echoes, DJ landed the final blow, and the zombie fell over. It disappeared with a pop, and left behind some XP, rotten flesh, and strangely a carrot. The XP immediately moved closer to DJ without him doing anything, and it flowed into him. He suddenly felt slightly stronger. Picking up the carrot and placing it into his inventory, he turned around only to see Andi peeking around the corner watching him. He jumped in surprise.
“I thought I told you to stay put!” DJ said angrily.
“I know, but I heard you scream. I wanted to… make sure you were okay.” She replied meekly.
“Oh. Fine, but don’t sneak up on me again. Got it?” He said. Andi nodded, but with an annoyed look on her face.
“I’m not a baby, ya know.” She said as they resumed mining.
“Yeah I know. But is it okay to protect my sister from zombie slash marks that are actually painful? When I got sliced, it really hurt.” Andi replied,
“Well, that rules out the dream theory. Are you okay?” DJ nodded.

Suddenly, as they turned a corner, a whole handful of zombies emerged from the darkness and jumped out in front of them! DJ and Andi drew both of their swords. “Oh crud.” DJ thought. For some reason, it seemed like the thought was in the front part of his square mind instead of the back.
“You got that right.” Someone said. It seemed like it was inside of his head! And, it sounded like Andi! They looked at each other, and DJ knew what happened. But DJ didn’t have time to fully register it. The zombies attacked.
“Andi, get back!” He said as he chopped at the first zombie within his reach. When he turned around to see if she had done as he had told, he saw her hitting a skeleton that had come to the aid of the zombies. She smiled and said,
“Fat chance.” DJ was scared, annoyed, and proud at the same time. Scared, because he didn’t want his sister getting hurt. Annoyed, because she had payed no attention to his instruction again, and proud because she was risking her own safety to help DJ. He wondered when she had gotten so brave.

DJ and Andi sliced, diced, and dodged until all of the offending entities were destroyed. They only received minor wounds. Luckily, in Minecraft, there was no such thing as blood. Even the most fatal of injuries would not draw even a single drop of it.
“Wow. Just wow. It was like, the mobs were… alive?” Andi said. “They moved too accurately for any normal AI.” DJ nodded.
“Yah. It’s kinda creeping me out. And not just that. It’s like I can anticipate their moves before even they make them. It’s freaky.” Andi said.
“Yeah, me too. C’mon. Lets get outta here and go raid a village or something. I’m pretty sure we’ve exhausted this cave of all it’s resources.” DJ answered,
“Agreed.” He and Andi went back to their tunnel that they arrived there in and entered it. As Andi headed back up, DJ placed four dirt blocks in front of the entrance so any other googlies couldn’t get in and attack them. They headed up the staircase they had carved and arrived in the room Andi had cut out. They took all the torches from the wall and opened up their little hidey hole. When they were out, Andi replaced the blocks. After that was done, they climbed up the hill their temporary house was caved into. DJ stared off into the distance. “There. Look.” He pointed to a village on the horizon.
“Good. Let’s start there.” Andi said. DJ just realized it, but they weren’t talking like kids. They acted more like adults.
“Probably the result of us being trapped in a game with no way out.” He thought. Thoughts… DJ remembered something. “Hey sis, any idea how we could like… telepathically talk to each other? It’s like we heard each others thoughts back there in the mine.” Andi just shrugged.
“Probably a glitch. Cone on, lets go.” DJ nodded, and the two siblings set out for the village.

Chapter 4: The Village Revelation
AndiTheAnimalLover

The duo made their way down the hill, and they sprinted towards the village. Along the way, DJ killed a couple pigs and cows. They couldn’t see them, but they both felt that their health and hunger bars were low. Andi hated it, since her gamertag said she loved animals, after all. That’s why she made DJ do it. It was ironic, that while she hated animals getting killed, she loved meat. DJ, on the other hand, had no problem murdering defenseless entities. It was creepy.

They finally got to the village. It looked peaceful, with the villagers going about their jobs. But still, as they approached it, they got their swords out, just in case. But only one sword this time. When they entered it, the villagers looked at them. Andi was surprised to see that they weren’t all identical. One had brown hair, one had blue eyes, another had a scar on his right hand, and all of them wore something that was a little different. The NPC’s stared at the space above the sibling’s heads, and then up, just like that zombie had did to DJ. Suddenly, they had a look of surprise on their face, and they whispered, “The beam, the beam… it’s not there!” or, “Where’s the beam! They don’t have one!” Andi and DJ looked at each other in complete confusion. Villagers could talk? But how? Were they alive? “Hm.” One of the villagers broke free of the crowd, and disappeared into a building. When he came back out, two more villagers followed. One was a woman with long salt and pepper hair, and the other was a man with short, cropped gray hair. They both had the same garb; white with black around the edges. Andi had never seen any villager wear it before.

When the duo reached Andi and DJ, they stopped and looked at them. “Why is everyone staring at us?” Andi said, a little annoyed. They ignored the siblings, and the woman said,
“DJRECNEPS321, AndiTheAnimalLover, come with us.” Her voice was scratchy, like she lost it not long ago.
“Yeah? Why should we? And, how did you know our names?” DJ asked with an edge in his voice. The woman laughed.
“One question at a time. Your names are floating above your head, users. But, you do not have a beam, so, in fact, you are not users. You are something else.” Andi cocked her head.
“A beam? What’s that?” The man replied,
“A beam is what connects all players to the server. It looks like one that comes from a beacon. Without a beam, people would not be able to play Minecraft.”
“Why can’t we see it?” Andi asked. The man replied,
“You can, but users can’t. Since you are obviously not playing Minecraft, you can see it. Only things inside the game can see them. It is curious why you are not playing the game, but you are rather inside it.” DJ said,
“Well, we technically are inside it. Lightning struck power lines outside our house in the physical world and somehow, we ended up here. Oh, sorry. You probably don’t know what power lines are.”

The villagers started whispering again. “Lightning… lightning…” Andi asked,
“What? What’s so important about the lightning?” The man and woman looked at each other.
“Come. We will tell you all.” DJ whispered to Andi,
“C’mon.” Andi pulled him aside and said,
“Woah, hit the brakes bro. We have no idea who or… what they are, and you’re just gonna blindly follow them somewhere? Am I the only one with doubts about this plan?” DJ answered,
“Cool it Andi. I just wanna see what the heck they’re talking about. And besides, what reason do they have to hurt us?” Andi said reluctantly,
“Ok… but if they ambush us, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Andi was having serious doubt’s about these villagers, but she trusted her big brother. He had to know what he was doing, right?

DJ and Andi pushed through the crowd to reach the man and woman. When they got to them, the whole group went to a blacksmith’s shop. They entered, and the woman motioned for Andi and DJ to sit.

“My name is Beth, and this is my brother, Charles.” Beth said.
“You can call me Chuck.” Chuck said. Beth continued,
“Yes, Chuck. Anyway, there is a prophecy. It states that users will come to Minecraft by way of lightning. They will have special lightning powers that they will use to bring balance to the servers by turning back the tide of monsters. Lately they have become more and more aggressive in their attacks, and we have been nearly helpless to stop it. Our arms are linked together, as you can see, so we cannot build defenses or craft weapons.” Andi said,
“Well, that’s a problem. Wait, did you say powers?” Andi suddenly got very excited. She had dreamed of having super powers ever since she saw Spider-Man and a bunch of other Marvel superhero movies. Beth nodded,
“Yes, I did. You can call on lightning to set fire to your enemies.” DJ looked at his hands and said,
“Cool! So were like, real live Thors. Except you’re a girl, sis. Ha, I’m Thor and your, uh… Thorina?” Andi laughed.
“Yeah, I guess so. But I am not calling myself that.” DJ laughed as well.
“Excuse me, but, who is… Thor?” Chuck asked.
“It doesn’t matter. Beth, continue.” Andi replied.
“Oh, yes. Well, we cannot make defenses or weapons, so we rely on our wooden doors to shield us. But now, you are here. The Lightning Men will protect us!” Beth said. She sounded relieved. DJ looked confused.
“Um… ok…?” He said. “Do you have any idea how we control our powers?” Chuck shook his head.
“Great. We have powers, but we don’t know how to use them.” Andi said, disappointed. She was hoping she could test them out. And, what if mobs attacked, and she didn’t have her weapons? This was a problem.
“Well, at least we have them.” DJ said. He was always an optimist. Sometimes, it was a good thing, and sometimes it was bad. “Man, if Mom and Dad knew we had powers, they would seriously freak.” Andi knew what he meant. Mr. and Mrs. Davidson always wanted their kids to have a normal life. Something happened in their childhoods that made them afraid of difference, and they never wanted it to happen again. Andi had no idea what, and her parents wouldn’t tell her. The only reason she knew about it was because she had overheard them talking about it one night. It was weird, and a little bit creepy. What had happened?

Suddenly, a flash of light erupted outside of the window. Andi, DJ, Chuck, and Beth looked out to see a figure lying on the ground, just like DJ had. They all rushed out of the blacksmith’s house, and ran towards the crowd that had gathered. Andi pushed her way through the villagers and reached the side of the person. From what she could gather, the person was a girl, and she had super long, super curly red hair. She almost looked like…
“Mom?” Andi said in astonishment. She turned her over so she could see her face. Yep, it was definitely her mom. Andi yelled, “DJ! GET OVER HERE!” He pushed through the crowd, kneeled kext to Andi and their unconscious mother, and said,
“Wassup sis?” He suddenly recognized who was laying in front of him. “Mom?” Andi nodded. “But… how did she get in Minecraft? She wasn't playing it. Oh, she must have been touching something electric, and since my computer was plugged in…” Andi nodded again, acknowledging what DJ said, and comprehending it. Suddenly, their mom groaned.
“What… what happened? Where am I?” She opened her eyes. “And, who are you two?” Andi said gently,
“Yolanda and Spencer Mom. We’re inside of Minecraft.” Her eyes widened, and she said sort of weirdly,
“You mean that game you and Spencer play all the time?” Andi said,
“Yep.” She sat up. The whole crowd was staring at them.
“Oh gosh. Who are these people?” DJ said,
“They’re from this village.” Beth and Chuck pushed through the crowd and approached the trio. Chuck gave a cold stare. Andi said,
“Hey hey, chillax dude. This is our mom. And, since when did you play Minecraft? You have a gamertag, iHackLife.” She winked.
“I don’t play. Maybe the game picks a random name or something. Or maybe, if I did play Minecraft, this is what my gamertag would be. I don’t know. But, call me Glitch, I guess. Saying iHackLife every time you talk to me would get really annoying, really fast.” DJ said,
“Okay Glitch. Where’s Dad? Do you know if he came through or not? Were you two touching anything plugged in?” Glitch answered,
“Okay, one, your father was in the den, two, I have no idea if he did or not, and three, yes he was. He was writing an e-mail to your teachers on the desktop.”DJ asked,
“You mean that crappy old dinosaur of a computer?” Glitch, looking a little annoyed and offended said,
“Yes, that one. It has to be plugged in.”

Suddenly, a flash of light came from outside the village. It looked like the flash that happened when Glitch entered Minecraft. “That must be Dad!” Andi exclaimed. She, DJ, Glitch, Beth, and Chuck all ran towards the flash. When they arrived, they found their dad face down in the grass. Glitch quickly ran over to him, and turned him over. She put his head on her lap, and waited for him to wake up. DJ looked at them, then turned around and stared at the sun. It was starting to set. Andi walked over to him, and asked, Hey, bro. What’s wrong?” DJ replied,
This is all so crazy. We’re inside of Minecraft, talking to villagers, finding out we have lightning super powers and were telepathic, and hearing laughter and music inside our heads. And, I don’t like seeing my parents unconscious. It’s… kinda weird.” Andi understood. It was kind of creepy.

All of a sudden, Andi’s dad woke up with a start. “Who? What?” He saw Glitch, and said, “Honey, what happened? Where are we?” He got up. “And, why are we all square…ish? Who are these people?” Strangely, he realized something, even though he had barely seen Minecraft before. Andi spoke up.
“We’re in Minecraft Dad. These are people from this village.” He looked at everyone, and said not very convincingly,
“Amazing.” He looked at himself. “We’re actually inside a computer. Fascinating.” Andi replied,
“You know, this is awesome and all, but look!” She pointed at the horizon, and the tip of the sun just dipped out of sight. DJ said,
“Oh. Crud. EVERYONE BACK TO THE VILLAGE!” Everybody started running back into their homes. DJ grabbed Glitch’s hand, and Andi grabbed her father’s. They pulled them toward the village alongside everyone else.
“What, why are we…” Glitch asked. She was kinda forcing the words out, like she knew what was happening but didn’t want to let DJ or Andi know.
“Their’s no time to explain in full, but, nighttime is googlie time. Go find a house and stay in it.” Andi said.
“But-” Glitch started.
“Please. Trust us. Now go!” The parents each gave their children a hug. Glitch said,
“Be careful,” and ran for the houses. DJ said,
“You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?”
“Probably not. Shoot.” Andi replied.
“You start making a wall to protect this village with all the cobble and dirt you have. I’m gonna wander the village and kill and googlies that get too close. Clear?” DJ said.
“Crystal.” Andi responded. DJ gave her all his blocks in case she ran out, and ran to the village, both swords drawn. She started to make the wall, and mumbled, “Wow. My big bro finally grew up.”

Chapter 5: The Big Battle
DJRECNEPS321

DJ bolted through the village, placing torches as he went, scouting for zombies, skeletons, and anything else that would pose as a threat. He saw a zombie pounding on a door. DJ looked in the window, and saw the villagers inside screaming with terror. DJ quickly ran at the zombie while it was distracted, swinging both his swords with a fury. He gave out a battle cry, and not even giving the zombie time to turn around, he gave a final slice, and it disappeared with a pop. Quickly collecting the loot and xp, he gave a wave to the grateful villagers inside, and went out to search for other monsters. He had been kind of apprehensive about facing that zombie, remembering the sharp claws, but he couldn’t let this village down. He just couldn’t. DJ didn’t know why he felt like this, but he did nonetheless, and he listened to the pull of his conscience.

He ran in between buildings, slicing and dicing the offending googlies, becoming all the more afraid every battle. Finally, he was to the point of wanting to run and hide with the villagers he was protecting, but he knew he couldn’t. No, he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t let these people down. He wouldn’t allow himself to cower behind in a house while Andi was out there alone, building a wall to protect the NPCs. But he wanted to so bad… “Don’t give up DJ.” A voice inside his head said. He heard it more clearly now. It was a girl. DJ stopped running.
“Who’s there?” DJ yelled into space. There was no response. “Huh.” He thought.
“Huh what?” Andi said telepathically.
“That voice is back.” DJ replied. “Telling me to not give up.” Andi said,
“Wow, that is weird.” DJ asked,
“ How’s that wall coming along?” Andi answered,
“It's almost finished. Just one more side.” DJ looked around and saw Andi waving at him from atop the wall. He waved back. Suddenly, she pointed behind him and yelled telepathically,
“Spencer! Behind you!” He whipped around and a creeper was staring him in the face! It hissed and started to expand. Frozen by fear, DJ watched the mottled green walking bomb get bigger and bigger. Suddenly, it exploded. The noise ripped through his ears, and he was thrust backward, landing on his back. Pain erupted on his front side, feeling like he just ran headlong into a concrete wall. The last thing he heard was Andi screaming his name, and then everything went black.

DJ heard voices. Lots of voices. One said, “He shouldn't have survived. He was lucky.”Another said,
“Well, thank the Creator he did. He saved countless lives last night, including mine.” He heard Andi say,
“Are you positive he’s gonna be alright?” He heard another voice, a man, say,
“Yes, for the final time, he’s gonna be fine. He didn’t pop out of existence, did he?” DJ finally opened his eyes a slit and turned his head towards the voices. He was in one of those big wooden L-shaped houses, but this one held a handful of NPCs. He saw his mom, dad, sister, Beth, Chuck, and a couple of others he didn’t know by name. DJ realized he was in a bed, under the classic red blanket, his head laying on the white pillow. DJ finally felt the pain he know he should’ve felt before, and he groaned.
“Ugh. Ow.” All heads turned in his direction.
“DJ!” Andi exclaimed. She ran to his side, gently hugging him. His mother and father followed. Glitch said,
“Oh, honey, we were so worried.” Andi said,
“When I saw that creeper explode, I thought maybe you were…” DJ interrupted,
“Don't even say it sis. I'm fine.” He tried to get up, but due to his low health bar he fell right back down. “Ugh. Stupid creepers. What the heck was Notch thinking when he added them?” Andi replied,
“Well actually, Notch was trying to code a pig but instead he made those freakin’ annoying…” DJ’s dad, whose gamertag was xXDadPowerXx, reprimanded,
“Andi.” She said,
“Sorry. But still…” DJ said,
“Andi, please. Just drop it. I'm fine. No harm done.” Andi exclaimed,
“No harm done!? You almost died!” She gave a sigh that had grief and annoyance mixed in, and walked away to look out a window. Careful not to let it into the telepathic part of his brain, DJ thought,
“Man, I had no idea she… well… was worried about me so much. Guess I don’t know her as well as I thought.” Glitch whispered to DadPower,
“She just needs time.” She said to DJ, “We're just glad you’re okay. His parents moved back as an NPC moved forward to talk to DJ. He said,
“Hi, I'm Phil, and I'm the village’s doctor.” DJ laughed for no apparent reason, at least to Phil. “What’s so funny?” DJ said,
“It’s just that “Dr. Phil” is a famous person in the physical world.” DJ sat up, with difficulty, and said, “Continue.” Phil did.
“I have reason to believe you will make a full recovery. Namely, because you didn’t
die. If you didn’t die, then that means that most likely you will make a full recovery.” DJ said,
“Well, that’s good news. Thanks.” Phil said,
“I really didn’t do anything. Your sister Andi carried you here and put you in this bed.” He leaned closer. “She cares very deeply for you, ya know.” They both looked to Andi staring out the window. “She just about bawled her eyes out when she thought you were dead.” He just nodded. He was still surprised that she cared so much for him. In the physical world, she acted like DJ was a stranger. Maybe, since we had been thrust into a digital universe of blocks filled with mobs that tried to kill them every chance they got changed her. “To be fair, it probably changed all of us.” DJ thought. Even though his parents had only been in Minecraft for a short period of time, they seemed to take it very lightly. DadPower seemed fascinated by everything, and DJ could tell it was getting kind of annoying for the NPCs around him. Whatever they did, it intrigued him. Just talking with one another drew an, “amazing!” from DadPower.

DJ tried standing, and Phil helped him. He was wobbly, but steady. He let go of Phil, and took slow steps towards Andi. Putting his hand on her shoulder, they looked out the window at the beautiful Minecraft landscape together, just to reassure her he was alright. Andi looked at DJ and smiled. Behind him, he heard his parents sigh. Seeing a cow walk by, he said,
“Ya know, its weird that Notch made cows brown and white instead of black and white.” Andi replied,
“Yeah. That is kinda weird.” There was an awkward silence, but then DadPower spoke up.
“Sooooooooooooooooo… now what?” Chuck pulled out a map. It suddenly flashed, like a multicolored barcode. Apparently it hadn’t been used before. He laid it out on a nearby table that DJ hadn’t noticed before. “We strategize.”

Chapter 6: Secrets
AndiTheAnimalLover

Beth nodded to the villagers in the room that Andi didn’t know, and they all left. Phil also left. Apparently this was a secret meeting, and all intel was on a need-to-know basis. And seemingly, the others didn’t need to know. The remaining people, NPCs and users, crowded around the table. Chuck said, “Okay. So we know that the mobs come every night to attack us, and tonight, were going to only have one warrior.” He looked at DJ, Glitch, and DadPower. “No offense.” DJ shrugged.
“It’s fine.” DadPower agreed,
“Yeah, me and… Glitch, don’t know the first thing about fighting.” Andi thought to DJ,
“Should we tell them about our… abilities? All of them? Like how we are telepathic, can shoot lightning, and on top of that, we hear voices in out heads?” DJ thought back,
“No, not yet. Let them get used to being inside Minecraft first. We had an extra day to adjust. They’re being thrust into a Minecraft war with their children as key parts.” Andi thought,
“Yeah.” She was kinda disappointed. She had sort of wanted to show them her powers. She was still stoked about it. Chuck said,
“Anyway, we need to make sort of a defense system or something. Andi thoutTo herself,
“Hm…” She spoke up. “I know some redstone traps we could make. We just need to figure out a way to separate the villager’s arms…”” DadPower spoke up.
“I have an idea. Can villager’s craft?” Chuck nodded. He continued. “Go over to that crafting table and craft something. Anything.” Chuck reluctantly did as he was told, and started to craft a sword. DadPower ran over right as Chuck was about to finish and broke the crafting table. Since Chucks hands had been unlinked when he was crafting, his hands stayed unattached. Chuck looked on in amazement, as did all the other villagers in the room. Glitch and DadPower shared a knowing smile. Andi wondered what that was all about, but shrugged it off. His parents were weird like that. Sometimes they acted like they knew what was going on even when they really didn’t, especially when it came to Minecraft. Her parents had been super reluctant when deciding to get them Minecraft. But Glitch had talked to DadPower privately, and all of a sudden he let her and her brother get it. Andi had always wondered what Glitch had said in there. Chuck looked on at his unlinked hands and said,
“Amazing. I had no idea that was possible. There are legends of a man who did this ages ago, some Gameknight999 character. I’m think I’m beginning to believe those stories.” Glitch and DadPower looked at each other in a little bit of concern. Andi thought,
“Gameknight999… That’s the same as in the book series! What the heck is going on her?” She knew her parents were hiding something by now. It was just too obvious. Her dad had never been a good liar. Andi looked at them, and they quickly glanced different ways. They were definetly hiding something. Chuck continued,
“Beth, come over here.” Beth did. Chuck picked up the crafting table and placed it back down on the ground. Beth started crafting a sword, and Chuck destroyed the bench. Now Beth’s hands were freed. She looked at her hands and smiled at Chuck and DadPower. They smiled back. Chuck said, “We need to tell others about this. This is revolutionary! Finally, villagers have a chance to protect themselves.” Obviously excited about this new development, Chuck and Beth run out the door, waving their hands around. As soon as the door slammed shut, Andi burst out,
“What are you two hiding?” DadPower and Glitch looked at each other and Glitch said,
“What are you talking about Andi?” She continued,
“I know you’re hiding something. It’s so obvious it’s like you’re screaming it to the world. And it’s about Minecraft. Dad, how did you know that breaking the crafting table would free Chuck and Beth’s hands? You’ve never read the Gameknight999 series… or have you?” DJ said,
“Hey, now that I think about it, she has a point. How did you know that?” DadPower stuttered,
“I-I… I think there’s been this huge misunderstanding…” Andi exclaimed,
“Misunderstanding?! You and Mom have been hiding something from the very beginning, and I wanna find out why.” Andi slammed her fist onto the desk. DadPower and Glitch whispered to each other. Finally, Glitch said,
“Yes, I guess you’re right. We have been hiding something from you.” She and her husband exchanged another glance, and she continued.“Well, this is going to be hard to hear, but… The Gameknight999 series, the Mystery of Herobrine series… it’s all true. All of it.” Andi and DJ just blinked. DadPower continued,
“And… That’s not all. That… Those books are an exact record of what happened to me. I’m… I’m Gameknight999.” Andi grabbed on to the edge of the table for support. HER DAD WAS FREAKIN’ GAMEKNIGHT999?! Her face just about blew up. She couldn't believe it. It was impossible.
“Then again, we are trapped in Minecraft, and that should be impossible.” Andi thought to herself. She said out loud,
“You… You’re…” Glitch said,
“And… I’m… I’m Hunter.” DJ said,
“Okay, I'm officially freaking out right now. My parents are characters from my favorite book series!” Hunter and Gameknight looked at each other, and Hunter said,
“I know this is a lot to take in, but we can’t tell anyone about this, not the villagers, not the mobs, no one. If they hear that the people who defeated Herobrine are back… Everyone will be in danger. Not just our family, but everyone across Minecraft… And possibly everyone in the real world. Andi thought about her family and friends. Auntie Jenny, her grandparents, her best friend Campbell, everyone. She was most definitely not going to let them feel the sting of a zombie claw or a skeleton arrow. Heck no! Gameknight suddenly said out of nowhere,
“Oracle? Man, am I glad to see you. Or hear you. Whatever.” Hunter asked,
“The Oracle? She’s here? Of course she’s here. She’s everywhere. What’s she saying?” Gameknight hushed her, and listened. She rolled her eyes. DJ said,
“So that’s what that laughing and talking was. It was the Oracle! I had no idea she existed. Of course she’s does DJ, your dad is freakin’ Gameknight999.” Hunter became alarmed.
“You hear her too? The last time we were in Minecraft, only the User-that-is-not-a-User could here her. Well, maybe it's because I was once an NPC, and you three started out as humans.” Andi realized something.
“Wait wait wait hit the brakes people.” She pointed to the corresponding person as she spoke. “Since Mom was once an NPC, and Dad was a human to begin with… Aren’t DJ and I technically half villager?” DJ’s face lit up. He gave a happy laugh.
“Oh man, that’s so awesome! First the powers and now this… Oh…” Gameknight had come out of his Oracle-induced trance, and said,
“Powers? Kids, is there something you’ve been hiding from us?” DJ tried to deny it.
“Whaaaaaaaaaat? Powers? Naw, that’s just silly.” Hunter replied,
“DJ…” Andi said,
“Bro, they’re onto us. Fine. Those two villagers, Beth and Chuck, said there was a prophecy...” Gameknight interrupted,
“Oh great, first it was me, now my kids have to be sucked into this prophecy crap.” Hunter said,
“Tommy, let her finish.” Andi said,
“Anyway, they said two players would come to Minecraft “by way of lightning” and “Bring balance to the world of Minecraft” by defeating all the mobs. They said we would have lightning powers, since the lightning in the real world made us get into Minecraft in the first place. I was gonna ask Chuck if this prophecy of his said anything about you and if you have powers, but since you weren’t directly affected by it, I'm assuming not.” Gameknight said,
“What do you mean, “not directly affected?”” Andi replied,
“When the lightning struck the power lines, DJ was still touching the controls of the computer. So when that surge came, he was affected.” Hunter said,
“Then what about you? You weren’t touching the computer, were you?” Andi said kinda awkwardly,
“Well… I tried to help him, and I ended up touching him, and since he was still in contact with the computer, it transferred to me. Since you were upstairs doing whatever it was you were doing, it took time for the surge to affect you. Since we were sucked in first, the game gave us the powers.” Hunter asked,
“So, can you… Show us?” Andi said,
“Well, that’s kind of a problem. See… We don’t know how.” She lifted up her hands. “We have no clue how to activate them. I mean, I’m assuming we don’t just take our hammers and say, “Heimdall, portal!” or something. Not that those words make Thor summon lightning, but he doesn’t say anything to summon it, he just lifts up Mjolnir and concentrates really hard.” DJ interrupted,
“Okay okay, we get it sis.” Hunter said,
“Things have certainly changed since we were in Minecraft.” Gameknight said,
“So… Kids... your saying that you have no way to control your powers. Great. So reassuring.”Hunter said,
“Tommy.” He answered,
“Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?” DJ thought to Andi,
“Are you gonna tell them we’re telepathic?” Andi thought back,
“No, not yet. They still need time to… Adjust.” Truth was, Andi didn’t want to tell them just for the sake of not telling them. They had kept a secret from her and DJ for so long, she wanted payback. And besides, she wanted it to just between her and DJ, like their little thing. Gameknight suddenly said,
“Oh, I forgot. The Oracle said that mobs are coming our way.” He got a sword out. Andi wondered where he got that. The iron blade shone in the dimly lit room. Andi smiled and said,
“So, the great Gameknight999 is back to protect Minecraft once again. This would make for a great seventh book.” Gameknight said,
“I dunno. Maybe. But I don’t know if I wanna write another whole book. That last one was really… Uh… Painful to account… I'm not really sure I could do it again.” Andi was surprised, but she said,
“Hey, that’s perfectly fine if you don’t wanna.” She thought to herself, “It would still make a good book though.” Suddenly, a villager outside shouted,
“Monsters are coming! Monsters are coming!” Everyone rushed outside, and Andi saw a lot of NPCs had their hands freed. Apparently Chuck and Beth had been busy. Some had swords and bows, and even more were sliding armor on over their smocks. Andi smiled, and realized that the battle that was surely going to take place was going to be just like a battle in the Gameknight999 books. Villagers willing to take up a weapon to protect their lives, loved ones, and their land. This was their world, and they weren’t going to let any googlie take it away from them. Andi was strangely at peace with what was about to happen. Then she realized that she was hearing that calming music in her head. She thought about the Gameknight999 books and what she had read. Gameknight’s best friend Crafter had said it was the “music of Minecraft.” Now she finally understood what he meant. It was literal music. Even though it was calming, it sounded like pixels. Andi wasn’t sure how to describe it. Finally, she got her two swords out, but as soon as she did, the wooden one broke into a million splinters. She said,
“Aw crap. Does anyone have an extra sword?” Hunter threw her sword to Andi and pulled out a bow and arrow.
“Here.” She said. She waved her bow in the air. “I’m better with this anyway.” Andi smiled and nodded a thank you. She looked at the sword, and saw it was an enchanted iron one. She wondered where her mom got that, but she shrugged it off. She didn’t really care that much, as long as it worked. She liked the dual wield thing that DJ did in the first battle for the village. Andi now had one stone and one enchanted iron sword. She got stares from the surrounding villagers, most with their hands separated. A couple whispered, but she didn’t care. All she cared about at the moment was protecting the village from the torrent of mobs that was sure to come. The sun dipped below the horizon, and Andi heard a zombie growl. It was pitiful. That lifeless moan gave the message that it hated all things just for existing. A small part of her was sorry for the flesh eating creatures, but was quickly extinguished when she heard lots more moans, along with the clinking of skeleton bones and the hisses of spiders. Andi thought she also heard the chuckle of an enderman, but wasn’t sure. She looked at DJ, and gave a small smile. He did the same. She said,
“Let's get ’m, big bro.” DJ said,
“Yeah. Let's.” DJ turned to the crowd of villagers that had gathered. Andi walked up to stand by his side. Like one being, they got some dirt from their inventories and piled up to look over the whole crowd. It seemed like there was a lot more villagers there than lived there.
“They probably came through the tunnels in the crafting chamber, if Dad’s story is correct. Speaking of which, I wonder who the village crafter is.” She also wondered why the villagers she had met weren’t named after their profession, but that was a question for another time. DJ said to the crowd,
“Friends! We are on the brink of war. As you already may know, mobs are coming to raid this village. Now, the walls should protect us, but we need to defend ourselves nonetheless.” The villagers cheered. They were clearly hyped about the battle to come, even though there was sure to be casualties. Andi wondered when her brother became such a leader. She smiled. She hoped he was like this more often. She said,
“Let’s show these mobs what the real inhabitants of Minecraft look like!” The NPCs cheered again, and Andi grinned. She looked at her brother. They both gave a nod, and shouted as they jumped off their dirt pillars and towards the iron doors someone had put down at the entrance of the village. “FOR MINECRAFT!” They yelled. Villagers unsheathed iron swords and shouted along side them. “FOR MINECRAFT!” They charged out of the village, and straight into an ambush of googlies.

Chapter 7: Round 2
DJRECNEPS321
DJ said, “Crap!” As he sliced at his adversaries. He was cut in the torso by a zombie, and he cried out in pain. It was drowned out by the screams of the wounded. “Already?” DJ mumbled sadly. It wasn’t right to have casualties this early in the fight. That was just…no. DJ clenched his teeth and swung his sword at the zombies. He wasn’t going to let any more villagers get killed. He narrowed his eyes, and yelled a battle cry as he charged at the googlies, killing each one he touched in a single hit. The part of his mind that wasn’t focused on fighting mobs noticed that his body started to glow a faint yellowish-white. He didn’t think much of it. He couldn’t. There was too much at stake. The lives of these villagers was in his hands. He moved from one mob to another, cutting them to pieces. Now more of his brain noticed that he was glowing an even more bright shade of yellow. He stopped, and looked at himself. He was completely enveloped in the yellow light. The googlies around him stopped and stared. DJ was lifted up by an invisible force. He slowly drifted up and up and up and up and up. Finally, he got a view of the entire battlefield. He saw more googlies than villagers. They were losing. DJ’s anger for the mobs grew. He was at a bursting point. He was overwhelmed by rage. These villagers had done nothing wrong. All they did was exist. The mobs had attack them for absolutely no reason at all. A beam of light shot out of him and to the ground and the sky. Suddenly, it all exploded outward and killed all the mobs! DJ thought hazily, “So that’s the power I have.” Suddenly the light disappeared, and DJ fell to the ground. He flashed red. Andi stopped in her tracks and ran to DJ.
“DJ! Bro, you all right?” DJ had temporarily passed out, and was now just reawakening.
“What… What happened…?” Andi replied,
“You just killed a platoon of googlies with one blast. Which was, like, so awesome, by the way. I wish I could do that.” DJ had gathered his surroundings, and got up off the ground.
“Huh. I guess that’s the “lightning power” that Chuck and Beth were talking about. Oh my gosh, Chuck and Beth! Are they okay?!” He heard a voice behind him.
“Why don’t you turn around and see for yourself?” DJ did, and saw Chuck helping Beth walk to him.
“Beth! Chuck!” DJ tried to get up, but needed Andi to help him. They both hobbled towards each other. DJ said, “I thought I killed you guys in the blast!” Chuck replied,
“Oh, we’re quite all right. Can’t say the same for the monsters though.” All four of them turned to look at the battlefield. XP and loot was scattered all over the place. Andi said,
“Wow. That was… Like… Really impressive DJ!” He shrugged and said,
“Eh. No biggie. To be fair, I honestly don’t know how I did it. I got mad at the mobs… And it just… Happened.” Chuck said,
“Still, that was one heck of a fluke.” DJ, not knowing what else to say, replied,
“Yeah. I guess.”
Gameknight and Hunter came rushing out of the village and towards their children. “DJ! Andi! Are you okay?” DJ could stand without the assistance of his sister now and said,
“Yeah. We’re fine.” Andi said excitedly,
“Did you see what DJ did?” Hunter replied,
“Yes. That was amazing DJ!” DJ just shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t really like all that attention. Suddenly, DJ felt this horrible, evil, presence. It overwhelmed him so much it physically hurt. He grabbed his head in an effort to remove the headache, but it didn’t go away. Andi must’ve felt the same thing, because she moaned. Gameknight asked with concern,
“What’s wrong? Are you two okay?” They moved closer in an attempt to help them. DJ felt a pull towards a certain direction. He turned that way, and was he saw almost made him throw up. On the top of a hill about twenty-five blocks from the village gate, stood a shadowy figure. He was shrouded in darkness, but he could immediately tell from the glowing, pulsing eyes who it was. Herobrine. The feeling subsided a bit. Herobrine laughed.
“Ha, look who it is. Gameknight999.” All the villagers in the vicinity stared at Herobrine and DJ’s father in wonder. Andi recognized the danger they were all in as soon as she saw the virus and heard him say her dad’s name. DJ thought to Andi,
“But… Herobrine was trapped in that pig form… He shouldn’t be here…” Andi answered,
“Well, he is. And you know what’s gonna happen if he brought reinforcements…” DJ understood. He thought to himself,
“Can’t attack him head on. Learned that from Dad’s books. Gotta think of something else…” He saw that no one had collected the XP yet. He got an idea. Sure, he was copying the Gameknight999 series, but, hey? What the heck? “Gotta do something sooner or later, and better the former than the latter.” DJ stepped forward to stand in front of his family. “Hey Hero-DORK, better shut your mouth before I shut it for you. How about you come down here and face me instead of standing up there like an idiot?” Herobrine growled at the insults, but said in a calm voice,
“And you might be…?” DJ responded,
“I am the son of Gameknight999, you coward. And I will not let you lead your monster hoards all across Minecraft.” Copying the move he had read about, he stepped forward again and drew a line in the grass with one of his swords. “The line is drawn here. You can go no further!” His dad whispered to him,
“Son, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, that creep has beaten me more times that I wish to count… And… I'm not gonna risk you or your sister getting hurt.” DJ took his father aside, and answered,
“Dad. Listen to me. You’ve fought Herobrine before. You understand why I have to do this. And besides, if I get screwed, I can always get mad and go Asgardian all over his glowy face.” Gameknight gave a reluctant nod, and said,
“Okay fine… But don’t die on me. It’s permanent, ya know.” DJ nodded, and turned to face Herobrine once more. But to his dismay, he wasn’t there! DJ whipped around, looking all over for the virus. Suddenly, he appeared right in front of him! He pulled out a diamond sword, and before DJ have time to blink, Herobrine attacked! He did a three slash pattern, and then disappeared again. DJ flashed red, and cursed,
“Agh. Stupid teleportation powers…” He motioned to Andi, and without hesitation, she put her back up against his. They slowly moved towards the pile of XP. He thought to her,
Stay sharp. He could appear any…” DJ was cut off by the sudden appearance and disappearance of Herobrine, this time swinging at Andi. She parried two, but missed one as the menace disappeared again. Suddenly, he appeared right in front of DJ. He swang, but missed as Herobrine stepped to the side… Right into a pile of zombie flesh and XP. Herobrine started to glow a sickly yellow. DJ and Andi took advantage of the distraction and hacked away at him, moving around and around until his health was nearly depleted. He finished his transformation and stood there, green and demented and looking stupid. It made a funny combination, glowing white eyes and green sticky-out arms. DJ almost laughed. Gameknight, Hunter, Beth, and Chuck walked up and Hunter said,
“Wow. That was way faster than you Tommy. He just shattered your record.” She got a bow and arrow out from somewhere in her inventory and aimed it at Hero-zombie. Taking back some of the arrogant warrior DJ knew from the books, she said,
“I get first dibs shooting him in the face!” DJ smiled, and replied,
“Let me ask him one question first; how the crap do we get home?!” Herobrine, clearly knowing he lost, said,
“I will tell you… But on one condition.” DJ asked,
“And what is it?” He responded,
“Spare my life. Leave me with the villagers to let them do with me as they please.” DJ was a little surprised by this. He said,
“Oh really?” Herobrine looked beyond humiliated, but he nodded. He continued, “Okay. We agree to your terms. Now spill it.” Herobrine answered slowly.
“There is legend of another way to get back to the physical world. Besides the Gateway of Light, of course. If the Chosen Two summon enough lightning, it will create a portal to transport you back to your world.” That was all DJ needed to hear. He shoved Herobrine towards Chuck and Beth, who immediately put him on a lead. All nearby villagers backed away. DJ, Andi, Gameknight, and Hunter stood in a circle, and their kids put their hands up. DJ wasn’t sure how hey we're gonna summon the lightning, but he gave it a try anyway. He and Andi concentrated really hard, and lightning burst forth from them and to the sky. It completely enveloped the family, and in a blast of light, they were gone.

Author’s Note:
Thank you for reading this obviously amateurish fanfic/ head canon. It took me quite a long time to write and I hope you enjoyed it.

© 2016 Raina Mist


Author's Note

Raina Mist
This is a fan fiction on the Gameknight999 is does not take into account that Mark Cheverton, the author of the Gameknight999 series, is writing the Herobrine Reborn series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

will add to library, can't wait to read it

Posted 8 Years Ago


Raina Mist

8 Years Ago

Thanks! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

Raina Mist
Raina Mist

Maple Grove, MN



About
I really, really, REALLY love writing, mostly about supeheroes and people with powers. I like stargazing, anything about astronomy, Marvel movies, trap shooting, guns in general, and video games. Most.. more..

Writing