The title

The title

A Story by Oh Oh Oh no

Jan got out her car and hummed a song she heard on the radio “Smooth Criminal” by Michael Jackson . When she open the door to her apartment all she realized something was missing.All of  her furniture. She blinked.”Wow”.

She walked into the middle of the room where her leather couch had been and looked around, realizing just how empty a house can feel. Someone must have done a lot of charity work  she thought as she walked through the house and noting everything on a small note pad everything that was missing. It came to be that her couch, 3 lamps, a mirror, 2 wall clocks, a rug ,and the batteries from the remote in the living room as well as the bedroom. She tallied it up to this person having the give up Cable television for 3 month and running water for a week, or the possession of their car for a week, or even had to do about 7 months of community service to get all these things. Those options seem fairly reasonable considering the effort they had to put in as well to steal so much from her within 3 hours. Then again they could have hired some Henchmen from The Club to do it. Luckily Jan still had her essential items, like the stove. She put on a kettle and started to brew herself some tea. She took a bar stool from the kitchen and brought it to the middle of her living room.

“Very interesting. .”


She certainly didn't like being stolen from but that's how live is, sometimes people get burgled and that's it. They could have taken much more she rationalized, though this isn't exactly pleasant things could have been worse. At least I have tea she said to the hollow air. They stole her favorite erug of 5 years but, at least Jan has tea. She took the pot off and poured herself a full cup and set in a bag of earl grey before returning to her stool in the living room. The soothing smell of tea leaves eased her eyebrows  from a downward position, the calming taste of Earl Grey on her tongue melted away the anger that rationale could not erase. She sighed and relaxed her shoulders then put down her cup and went into her room, moved her mattress and went inside the bed frame to the safe, she put in the code and took out a pair of double AA batteries , returned everything to its place then returned herself to her seat down stairs. The remote now has batteries which means the tv can inform her of this evening's news. She didn't really pay attention to the news, the usual stuff, people  that have the most Points, new safes, how people are illegally trying to create more Points. Jan watched the new casters mouths move, the woman had lipstick on her teeth. She sipped her tea again pulled out paper, it was a notice from The Club. They had informed her that she was going to be burgled today by Lawrence Hall. He must have worked hard to be able to steal this much if he didn't have enough Points to hide his name. Even though she got a notice it didn't make it any less upsetting. Jan wrinkled her nose and hissed out the perpetrator's name “Lawrence. Pfft. Whatever.”

She took another sip and began to flip through channels, thinking. She could get revenge, on Lawrence, steal from him, take whatever he has, she could hurt him, or have someone else hurt him, she could even kill him if she wanted. Jan has more than enough Points and she knows it, no one else does but she does. She thought for a moment, and as of right now she calculated that she could kill about 10 people and still have Points left over to do some offensive things. Jan is and has been an active member and contributor to charities, and organizations that fund raise for good causes for over 5 years.  Jan has never had a reason to kill, she certainly felt like it at times like this but that's just emotions, never a solid reason. She wouldn’t kill just experience it like some other people do, or for the rush of it or whatever, that's a waste of Points. She really did miss her rug though. She blinked and got her thoughts out of her mind and watched some cartoons. She sipped her tea, when she finished this cup she got some more. She did this for a couple hours, took a shower and prepared for bed. She took the batteries from the down stairs remote and put them in her bed room remote. Jan climbed in bed and watched a movie for bit. Before she went to bed that night, after she finished her movie, long after she was tired and just before she let her head hit the pillow she made an appointment with The Club to steal back her rug.

© 2016 Oh Oh Oh no


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing! I wonder why he did it though. I liked Jan too. Interesting and imaginative little slice. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really like Jan's character. Something about her, like how calm she was though she had been robbed. I found that quite interesting! I feel that there should be more detail, also the grammar is a little bit... Still, the story was fascinating! Nice job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the concept its really interesting :D but maybe you should try to be more descriptive about the house because I was having trouble to imagine it and the grammar is a bit off but overall pretty good :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


It's a good story. I think it would have been better if you made it longer and went more into detail with the whole thing. The punctuation is a bit iffy in some places but for the most part it was good. I'd suggest to put quotation marks whenever she says something to make it for the reader to grasp what's happening better but it's only an opinion.

Posted 7 Years Ago


HEY Home-Skillet, I'M BACK! So this story was the bee's knees. I really like the idea behind the story, gaining points to commit crimes. The only thing I would fix is just the small technical errors. Alright my friend, SMELL YAH LATER!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
5 Reviews
Added on September 30, 2016
Last Updated on September 30, 2016

Author

Oh Oh Oh no
Oh Oh Oh no

Tralalalala Land, CA



About
I like alot of animals like: Bees Snakes Alligators Owls Foxes Dogs more..

Writing