Herself Wonders

Herself Wonders

A Chapter by RainsN

Chapter 1

*Buzz Buzz* 
As the phone vibrates, 
the cranky alarm also goes off.

She reaches her hand out just to get to her alarm clock. Wishing she didn't set it at 4:30  a.m. to clean the house. She sits up with one eye open, still half sleep as she gets rid of the vibrating from her phone. As she lays back down she spreads her arms, and legs out as she stretches she yawns. Slowly getting out the messy bedroom passing the living room,and into the kitchen. 

"Ugh, I should have done all this last night.", she said.

She puts her rubber gloves on and fills the sink with heated water. Then grabs the liquid soap and pours it into the sink full of dishes. After she pours in the liquid soap she waits for a while and then begins to wash the dishes.
As she washes the dishes, she begins to hum Pink's song Love Is Such A Crazy Thing. She thinks to herself, and starts to feel lonesome. 

She shakes her head, "Stop thinking about love Zahara, you don't need it." she tells herself.

* Ring Ring*
The house phone goes, she takes off the rubber gloves as fast as she can.
By the time she got to the phone it was to late to answer.
Zahara shrugs her shoulders in disappointment for getting to it late. Zahara grabs the phone and looks at caller id, showed her mother, brother, and friend Olivia called.

*Ring Ring*
The caller id say's Olivia is calling, she answers the phone.
"Hello?", said Zahara.
"Hey Zahara!", said Olivia.
"Hey Olivia, what's up?"
"Hey I was wondering what you were doing tonight maybe we can go out have blast before your birthday", said Olivia.
Zahara stays quiet for a moment and thinks about what excuse to come up with.
"Look Olivia-"
"Zahara no excuses you need to come out of that shell you can't just always stay in...come on"
Zahara sighs, "Okay Olivia, I'll think about it."
"Well okay, just uh..text me okay?", said Olivia.
"Okay I'll text you...."
Zahara glimpses at her messy apartment.
"After I'm done cleaning this place."
"You should have done it last night", said Olivia.
"Tell me about it, I'm hanging up now", said Zahara.

She hangs up and begins to clean around the house.
From the kitchen to the living room into the bedroom and bathroom.
Zahara finally finishes everything, but looks at the tub and forgets to clean it. Zahara tilts her head to the right as she looks at the tub. "I can't believe me sometimes." she says as she rolls her eyes. 

She puts in the bathtub plug and runs the water. Zahara grabs Ajax waiting for a certain level of water to fill the tub. She stops the water from running and pours Ajax into the tub. She grabs a wash cloth and begins to scrub the bathtub on her knees. She places one hand on the tub, then sees something crawling by her hand at the corner of her eye. 

Zahara zooms in to take a closer look, then stumbles. She covers her mouth trying so hard not to scream as she eye balls at this small yellow spider. She runs in the kitchen then grabs a tall glass cup. Running back to the bathroom she captures the yellow spider. Zahara gives it a closer look, "What the hell kind of spider is this?"

Zahara enters her room to grab her phone from the bed. She goes back to the bathroom and snaps a picture of it. "Hm I wonder if its safe to keep this spider around.", she assumed. She grabs two pieces of paper towels from the bathroom counter then folds them into four. Zahara patiently waits for the spider to crawl on the glass cup, then slowly moves it on top of the paper towel.

Then she places the captured spider on the bathroom counter. 
7:59 a.m.
"Wow time went by fast", Zahara said while looking at her cell phone.

*Ring Ring*
"Aww man I forgot about Olivia!".
Zahara looks at her cell thinking it's Olivia calling her, instead it was a unknown number.
"Hello?", Zahara says in a very muffled and delicate voice.
On the other line there was nobody other than silence. Zahara stayed on the line hoping someone would say something.
"Uh...hello?", she said.
But no answer came to her, so she hung up the phone.
"Wow what the hell kind of call was that?", she questioned to herself.
*Ring Ring*
Zahara looks at her cell phone, the unknown number calls once more.
"Wow this person is such a creeper...", she said.
"Hello?", she says in a more louder voice, with a bit of anger in her tone.
"Uhhhhh", a man said with a raspy and deep voice.
"Yeah I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb, I was actually calling because I thought this was my friends number.", He assumed.
"That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard from someone"
"I've literally have had this number about six months now.", Zahara said.
"It's not an excuse I really thought it was my friends number.", said the man.
"So...why exactly did you call me again?"
"Well.. to apologize not for saying anything back"
"Okay well good-bye now"
"Wait..."
"What do you want dude?"
"I just really do like the tone in your voice it's very pleasant.", he assumed.
Zahara looked at the phone as if she smelt really bad stench coming from it. Zahara immediately hung up the phone without responding back. 
"I'll have to remind myself to never answer that number ever again.", she suggested.

She searches for a pen and paper, then remembers the number said "Unknown Number"
"You have got to be shitting me."

She signs and closes her eyes for a split second then opens them back up slowly. Zahara believes she should release the spider outdoors somewhere it's green. Getting herself together she takes a shower, and sings to herself once more. After she finished her shower she selected her clothes. Some red shorts, a white T-shirt and a pair of  black converse. 

She looks at herself in the mirror and puts her hair in a messy bun.
"This will have to do.", she said. 
Then grabs her stash of keys and stuffs them into her pocket. She grabs the spider and makes her way out the house. Zahara walks up to her car, A black 1969 Chevrolet Impala to be exact.

Yes Zahara was a girl who was definitely good with cars, it happened to be her dream car for so long. Her father gave her the car four years ago before he had passed away.
"Good Morning Miss Boland.", said Zahara's neighbor.
"Oh good morning Mr. Jane."
"How are you Miss Boland.?"
"I'm doing swell thank you, and yourself?"
"Good thank you, so uh Miss Boland-"
"Hey look Mr. Jane I'm sorry I'm kind of in a rush right now, i'll have to talk to you later."
"Oh..uh..okay i'll talk to you later", said Mr.Jane in a really low and soft tone.
Zahara speed walks to her car and gets in. She places the spider on the passenger's seat. She searches for her tape and finds it under the drivers seat. She then gets four pieces of tape and places them all around the cup, so that the paper towel can stay underneath the cup. 

Zahara makes her way on the free way, making her way to the park.
With her window rolled down halfway, the nice breeze blowing in the car. A cloudy, windy, breezy day but a peaceful one,Zahara wasn't to worried it might rain. She stops on a red light and starts to hum.
"Oh crap!", she said.
"I keep forgetting to text Oli"

Zahara quickly sends her a simple text "Hi" and the red light turns green. Zahara finally then drives on a right and Enters in a area. She passes a sign that says "Prince Park". Prince Park is one the most popular parks in Chicago. Zahara grew up loving the park as well, she'd come at least two times a week.

Zahara pulls the car in a parking spot and gets out the car grabbing the yellow spider.
*Buzz Buzz*
Her phone vibrates, Olivia replied to her text.
Zahara views Olivia's text:
"How come it took you so long to write me back?
She starts to text back to Olivia but stops, she sighs then calls Olivia.
~ Ring, Ring, Ring~
"Hello Zahara, I'm glad you're still alive.", Olivia said sarcastically.
"Hey yeah I'm sorry I was cleaning my bathroom and this yellow spider was in my bathroom. So I drove up here at the park to let it free."
"YOU DIDN'T KILL IT!?! WHY?"
Zahara hops up and backs away from the phone after hearing Olivia yelling from the phone. Olivia was just the type who found insects disgusting, and was definitely scared of spiders. She slowly put the phone back against her ear.
"Hello?", Olivia said.
"Yeah I'm still here you just kind of startled me, that's all.", Zahara said.
"Oh sorry, but why? Spiders aren't innocent you know?"
Zahara walks down to area where the park has a place, where people can sit on benches and feed the birds.
"Simply because it doesn't look really harmful to me it's really pretty to be honest. Anyway I'll talk to you later"
"Wait! I need your answer you said you think about it now I need your answer."
"What?"
"For the club remember you said you'd think about it."
"Ooohhh that's right..."
"So.... I'll meet you tonight? at 8 maybe? Get ya all dolled up, make all the boys drool."
"Haha okay okay at 8 and don't be late because I might change my mind."
"Alrighty then see you soon."

Zahara ends the call and kneels down on her knees then unwraps the tape.
"I wouldn't put it there if I was you!" said a man.
She turned around and looked for the person whom said those words.
She then saw a tall handsome man in his jogging get up. His smile was bright and so handsomely attractive. His hair was pulled back yet was full of sweat.
 His muscles and veins were the most familiar on his body. Zahara continued to stay quiet and glare at the fine young man.
"Miss? Are you okay?" the man said in a deep and soothing voice.
"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm, I'm sorry"
"Yeah that yellow spider you shouldn't leave it right there."
"Well...where should I put it exactly?"
"I can show you....if you like. I mean if that is alright with you."
She gazes at the man once more, suddenly gets lost in his light blue grayish eyes. Zahara shakes her head and looks down at the grass. 
"Yeah sure that would be nice."


© 2015 RainsN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

m, that's hot, RainsN yep pretty much, I love the term alrighty, really cool people use that term

Posted 9 Years Ago


“The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.”
I love it!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2015
Tags: Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Adventureous


Author

RainsN
RainsN

Tucson, AZ



About
I live in Arizona I'm 22 years old. I love to draw and sing. I listening to any kind of music as long as I feel it. more..

Writing
In Beginning In Beginning

A Chapter by RainsN