Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Rajat malik
"

Prateek fall in love with Shreya. But he is hesitated to speak it out to her!!!! What happened then? Come and join this ride of love with me:):):)

"
Surely, it was Prateek’s saddest day of his life. not because as usual he was hurt by someone but because someone really special to him was just gone far away from him and now he understood the meaning of Separation successfully. Prateek couldn’t even imagine the long lasting distance between him and that special person. He doubted whether he would ever meet her again. He wanted to cry for his loneliness but tears couldn’t show up. It seemed like his tears were just evaporated from his eyes, he felt like the most devastated species of this universe. He wanted someone to behold him but he knew that no one can give him the same feeling like she would’ve given him. He was just lost in her thoughts and what he recollected was giving more and more pain to him every single second.
Prateek remembered the day well when Shreya had come to his Uncle’s home. Ya! She was a far-off relative of his Uncle. And, she didn’t come alone. Her whole family comprising her parents and her two awesome brothers escorted her. Firstly Prateek wasn’t so much interested in her but as they say, ‘The more you spent time with someone, the more you get attached with them’. Same thought was applied in his life.
The day before Shreya’s (or, I would say her whole family) departure was scheduled Prateek went to his Uncle’s home that night. Although her mom didn’t allowed him to go at that time but he eagerly waited for the moment her mother would go to sleep. And, just as his mother slept Prateek opened the door of his home very very slowly. He just wished to God that the door of his Uncle’s home was open and fortunately his wish was accepted. He went inside the home and certainly went to the roof where Shreya and her brothers were talking with each other.
“Hey, what’s up guys”, Prateek said.
“Hey Prateek, how come you here at this point of time”, Shreya asked him excitedly with too much concern.
“I….I just thought that you would be gone by tomorrow so why not to share my night with you all”
“So aren’t you coming to bit us Good bye tomorrow”
“Sorry! But I have to go to my school tomorrow”
“Oh! I wish you would’ve came”
“I too wish that”
That night was the most memorable night of Prateek’s life coz they played several games that single night. Riddles, Puzzles and Truth or Dare were one of them. As Shreya and Prateek was in different teams so whenever Prateek lost, Shreya smiled at him and Prateek miss that smile very much or maybe her smile was enough for him to fall in for her. And, to see that cute smile he didn’t won even a single match because he was afraid that If he would win then he may not see that smile. In the game when their eyes met they would pass a smile to each other. He thought as if she too had started liking her. He wanted to express his feelings to her but he knew that it wasn’t the right time to say it in front of her brothers.
When the clock strucked 3 a.m. she asked him to go to home as he would be going to school the next day. He felt more special as he understood how much she care for her even before anything could start. But he didn’t wanted to go away from her that night because he knew that after that night he would be meeting her after a long period of time, or maybe never. After Shreya asked him to have a nap, he lifted his feet to move to his home but he wished he hasn’t. He just wanted to spend that night with her and only admire her beauty. But he didn’t have any option. He quietly and resistingly went to home. He tried to sleep but the thought of going away from her bolted his Goosebumps because he knew how much he would be missing her. The thought of going away from her burnt him from inside.
“Hey Shreya, when you would be going today”, he asked her as he was going to school.
“Around 1 p.m., I think”
“I don’t know whether I will be able to catch you or not”
“Ok! Then, Bye”
“Bye”, he said and paddled his bicycle, heavy-heartedly.
He just thought about her in the school also. And, after a lot of confusion he decided to meet her once before she would be heading to her home. So, he asked Headmaster to send him home early. And, the headmaster agreed after listening to his lie which he gave it to her. On the way to home, he fastened his bicycle up to it’s highest. He paddled it until he felt exhausted and until he started taking breath with his mouth.
When he entered home he noticed that she was packing up the things. His heartbeat accelerated as he knew the time had come to bit goodbye to someone really special and close to his heart. The hardest thing in this world is to bit Goodbye to someone special in your Life. Few minute later she entered in her car and waved her hand towards Prateek, Prateek too replied back and he noticed her eyes full of tears. But he didn’t cried that time, though his heart was shattered into millions of pieces.
After she was gone, Prateek felt like the most alone person in this world. Prateek wished that he would’ve got a time machine, and then he would’ve gone to back to the last night and proposed her. The feeling of meeting her after a long period of time made him more and more sad. He missed the each and every moment spent with her. It is said that, ‘When people weep let them weep because our tears take our sadness with them’. In order to apply this formula with him he went in a quiet place where no one could hear his screams. Later, he cried and cried until his tears were evaporated. Few minutes later his tears were gone and he didn’t know when he felt asleep. When he got up he started crying again just like a kid. He understood that nothing, except her can make her feel all right. And, the more Time took him back to the memories of her the more he felt alone because she meant the world to him. Some people come in our life for just a short span of time but in that short span also they become a part of our heart.

© 2015 Rajat malik


Author's Note

Rajat malik
It is inspired from a true story :)
Hope you will like it......

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

very good story Rajat, as Pratik below says you do need to sort out the small mistakes but the story is beautiful and so very sad, also your last lines are very true, we may meet someone only briefly for maybe just moments but our love for them can bloom in just a second, because the soul does not measure time, it cares only for the growth of love and as you say that can begin in hardly any time at all, you wrote a genuine love story that makes very good reading, bravo :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mr. Richard, your review made my evening...... And yes!!! your thoughts are too good!!!
Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mr. Richard, your review made my evening...... And yes!!! your thoughts are too good!!!



Reviews

Nice yaar... I want it to continue...

Posted 4 Years Ago


A very beautiful and touching story. An element of sadness was present throughout the story from the beginning. Though there were small mistakes, I overall enjoyed it very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

I am glad that you liked it ,Brinleigh
If you can please point out the mistakes, I will be th.. read more
Brinleigh Bailey

9 Years Ago

Of course :) Particularly regarding dialog, the punctuation (periods, commas, etc.) could be improv.. read more
Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

thank you so much :) for giving your valuable time to make some correction... I will be working on t.. read more
WOW! OMG! It's Amazing... The emotions, the story every thing is brilliant. Yup true, some people only come into our lives for very short time but give us the memories which can never be forgotten. I want to quote a line from "Fault in our stars" book, " You gave me forever within the numbered days" Now, that's the situation in your Story. And the words unspoken always hurts a lot, and leads to many many Unanswerable questions. Sometimes, we are just afraid of failure. But the only failure is never to try. Great write. Truly enjoyed your story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Destiny Dreamer

9 Years Ago

Actually it is "Things you've never done" lOl :D
Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

OK....I will surely
thanks for telling me :)
Destiny Dreamer

9 Years Ago

You are always WELCOME :)
very good story Rajat, as Pratik below says you do need to sort out the small mistakes but the story is beautiful and so very sad, also your last lines are very true, we may meet someone only briefly for maybe just moments but our love for them can bloom in just a second, because the soul does not measure time, it cares only for the growth of love and as you say that can begin in hardly any time at all, you wrote a genuine love story that makes very good reading, bravo :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mr. Richard, your review made my evening...... And yes!!! your thoughts are too good!!!
Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mr. Richard, your review made my evening...... And yes!!! your thoughts are too good!!!
The story was very good! I loved it! But you make a lot of grammatical mistakes. So you should pay attention to that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rajat malik

9 Years Ago

Thanks Pratik......
I will surely work upon its grammar:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2015
Last Updated on August 5, 2015
Tags: Love, Gone, Hesitation, Crying

Author

Rajat malik
Rajat malik

Shamli, U.P., India



About
I love writing love stories although I rarely write poetry but whenever I do so, I assure it touches everyone's heart...... Shhh!!!! I want to be the most loved writer of India. And I also like writi.. more..

Writing
Dear Angel Dear Angel

A Story by Rajat malik



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


We all.... We all....

A Poem by Ana B.


You You

A Poem by Robert





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5