Essence

Essence

A Poem by Candle in the wind

Why do words just fall short

Why is expression so inadequate

Why can't thoughts be framed

Why can't feelings be expressed

Why can't emotions be crystalised

Why can't experiences be verbalised

Why do explanations seem simplistic

Can't capture the essence or what's beyond

Why is it difficult to define

What we say is never enough

Or meaningless exaggeration

Why are we always groping

 

People nodd knowingly

Form half baked opinions

Jump to hasty conclusions

Dont listen in entirety

Don't care to read expressions

Nor can fathom silences

Can't connect with the eyes

Or see what they say

And the language of tears

 

Then when someone

Can anticipate your thought before you think

Complete your unfinished sentence

Read volumes from your expression

Connect to the core

Feel the pulse

Comprehend what seems inane

Just share through a glance or a smile

Or just an inscrutable gesture

Amidst a multitude or in solitude

Or enliven you with a touch

Set your spirit free

From inadequacy or inhibition of expression

You want that bliss to last forever

 

Does life give you enough scope to savour

Such unbridled connectivity

 

 

© 2008 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this was a wonderfully writen creation of perfect words for a sublime artistic moment.
You speak volumes of truth, both questions and answers. As to why alot of people just don't understand all these wonderful things, is that the have lost touch with their inner spirit, that fire that god sparked into us at the time of creation.
Someday i pray that all people will find that true path again and we will be able to speak the universe with a glance.
GReat Wonderfull, beautiful peice of art!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this is an incredible poem, and is going straight to my favourites :-)

"Don't care to read expressions
Nor can fathom silences
Can't connect with the eyes
Or see what they say
And the language of tears"

The "language of tears" is a fascinating concept....this poem is truly inspiring and not one that I will forget.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words were spellbinding and beautiful. They seemed to flow with a breeze of warmth passion that swept over you as you read this piece. I love the feelings i am left with after reading your words. Feeling something like a peacefulness cover me in a blanket of light and knowledge.


Wonderfully Done!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The answer is "No". Thats my answer.
These rare moments and feelings are ephemeral in nature. These things that you have expressed is just the purest form of unconditional love which exists in the ethereal world.

"Such unbridled connectivity is like a mirage."

Very well written. Such pure and hallowed words.

P.S.- This makes me ask,"Have you fallen in love again?" (wink)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So well crafted and true. A beautiful piece...............

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm the type of person that wants to experience all you mentioned in the last part of your poem...
"Then when someone Can anticipate your thought before you think Complete your unfinished sentence
Read volumes from your expression Connect to the core Feel the pulse Comprehend what seems inane"
....this to me is living . You have described in a fantastically beautiful way how someone can be lost among those who don't see and then found and experience so much joy.
Another favorite for my library here!!! Thank you so much. You are so much more than a "Candle in the wind!!" You light a beautiful path with your writings.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life is always too short for such love .. but enjoy it in its entirity......... beautifully written ....

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow that was greatfully written you are a great writer you have the sence to become a wonderful writer.you have the chance to succeed in ever wish you desire.....i can relate to this poem alot cause tears you cry people cant seem to see or here the just ignore others feelings....god has our backs no matter what the spirit lyees with in you and all you have to do is believe in the glory of the work god can do for you....great write thank you for sharing it with me...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Many questions, not too many answers. People are people and some are blind to expression of any sort. You metioned the eyes, I am very big on eyes being able to tell you so much about a person. I think there is a disconnection rather than a connection in most cases...result? No communication...it is in the communication that we break through those boundaries you speak of.
Cheers,
Helen :-)))))))))))


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think the words we use to express are always chasing after the life they mimic, explanations may seem simplistic because readers eyes are absorbing something their heart already knows, they jump to conclusions because the refuse to share a point of view, and hastily establish the oppisit opinion in spite of differing degrees.


Such an interesting write Candle in the wind,, many well put questions and wonders.

Love from
Me

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

One with the All, I call it. Such beauty in your words. So much about us cannot be communicated verbally. You expressed it all so well. It is Love which unites us. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

548 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wild Vine Wild Vine

A Chapter by TL Boehm


The Brick'n The Brick'n

A Story by Rain