If you can call it art

If you can call it art

A Chapter by RamblingRambling
"

All of this is a huge draft. Im still learning my characters and finding their voices

"

Ch.2

    I’m finally out of New York and halfway through Indiana when my phone rings. “hello?”

“Heeey girl”

“who is�"Travis is that you?!”.  Travis was my gay best friend through all of grade school.  I helped him when he was bullied for coming out, and he was there for me when my mom decided family life just was not her “thing”.  Travis taught me how to dress in a way that made me feel impowered. I tried to teach or at least show Travis that you have to start by loving yourself. Its so important for our age.

“Yes girl! I heard it down the grapevine that your tight little behind is making a move from the big apple to a place called Deadworld?”

“DeadWood Travis. The place is called DeadWood.”

“There is no way in hell I am letting my grade school bff and life savor do something so gloomy and downright dark alone.”

“Bu-“

“No buts girl. Take a not so quick detour and pick me up in Kansas. Ill text you my address. Ill see you soonish. Kisses!”

 

Damnit! Monroe exclaimed dropping her phone in her lap. She takes a few long breaths and tells herself she will just drop by kiss any of his emotional “booboos” and be on her marry way to Deadworld…DeadWood!   Damn you Travis she thinks to herself.  A pretty lousy two extra two days and she somehow actually made it to the address that Travis sent her.  She sits in her car trying to yoga breathe until she is calm. This is a joke. Note to self next time I take up a yoga class I must have words with the instructor.  She lets out one long sigh and send Travis a text letting him know she is outside.  She almost instantly receives a reply.  “Hey girl I am so glad you made it! Yayyy.  Would you hate me times a few if I asked you to meet me at the park? Keep driving until you see the stop sign and turn right. You will pull right into the parking lot. Kisses” She had already come this far. She said what the hell and followed directions.  She swiftly pulled into a parking spot, and not long after she shuts the car off she sees Travis. Travis has 3 large duffle bags he is comically trying to drag behind his too thin body.  Monroe sticks her head out the window and drops her sunglasses on her lap.  “Um what the hell are you doing?”

“Girl you won’t believe it.”

“You just happened to hear I was headed this way and it just so happened your boyfriend kicked your cheating a*s out?”

“Boo who you been talking to?! I wanted to tell you!”

“Just get in the damn car” she huffed while simultaneously closing her window.  He finally made it to her car after 15 damn minutes.

“oh, wow you really packed this thing”

“Travis not another word! You find place for your s**t and get in the car.”

“Okay okay jeesh”

I can here him shoving and groaning. Finally he opens the door and sits.

“Ok betch lets roll”

 

As I back out of the parking space, I notice this little s**t actually pulled out one of my trash bags and dropped it on the asphalt to get his bags to fit.



© 2020 RamblingRambling


Author's Note

RamblingRambling
be gentle. And honesty is always good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on September 16, 2020
Last Updated on September 16, 2020
Tags: first try, new book, learning


Author

RamblingRambling
RamblingRambling

VA



About
As of today I am a 31 year old stay at home mom. As it says my mind is just rambling along with so many options. I'm giving this a try. New and real friendship is also okay. more..

Writing