White bone

White bone

A Story by Raminta

I dreamed of death, as he came to me. He gazed into my eyes as a lost lover. Perhaps I knew him in a past life I thought. His looks wore unnatural, he was all pale white bone. He wore a funny hat, that made me think he had a good sence of humour. He stared with his glimmering eye at me, which made me wonder. I did not fear him. I kept wondering and hoping he speak, to tell me now what he wanted from me. He moved, in a majestic motion around me with his huge lurking shadow behind him following his every move. He darted his eyes all around me as if he wanted to eat me alive. After few minutes, a huge creepy grin manifested itself upon his face with a satisfied glimmer in his eye. He spoke ‘my dearest you look just the way I remember you, pale skin, deep eyes , golden hair around your waist’ I said nothing. He took my hand with his skeleton fingers, a felt a tip of a familiar feeling of safety sweep through me as a pleasant melody. He spoke again ‘oh dearest dearest! How good it is to see you. Don’t be frighten by me, let me lead. Give me one more dance before I see you again.’ He spoke the last words with a mix of a sad demanding melody. I did not wish to upset him or un please him, but I also felt an urge to be held by him. So I let him lead this dance of life and death, as he led our dance in circles and familiar motions in a blank space of nothingness. I woke with a rested mind and light feeling in my heart and soul as if been lifted and all I could think about was his last words ‘its not your time yet my dearest’.

© 2012 Raminta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012

Author

Raminta
Raminta

United Kingdom



About
Hey I'm currently an a level student, I am 17 and I live in London. I'm considering to do an English literature degree at university,so I thought experimenting with my writing would be a great way to .. more..

Writing