You and Me I

You and Me I

A Poem by Ran
"

The flames that eat one another

"
You'll tell me the many things that you find beautiful. It was our secret in the smile that flickered in your eyes. Even when I'm black and you're white. It never bothered you how I shadowed your beautiful sun. The sick me, the darkness that grew at the base of my consciousness, you had no fear. Why wouldn't you leave when you had the chance? Aren't you scared of me? Aren't you scared of what I would soon become? Baring all these weaknesses to you, what made you think that you'll love me more because of it?

Leave me…don't show me all this kindness…don't look at me like you can see how deformed I am…don't insist that I'm alright.

But you never leave. Your anger, fear, selfishness, happiness, sadness…everything you are; scarred so deep in my heart. You are not a soul mate. You're not a lover. You're not an enemy. You're not a friend. You're me. I'm you.

So, did I hear you right? Why are you turning you back on me? Why are you walking away? Isn't this what you want to love?

Don't stare at me so deeply. You shouldn't have loved me. Your lips should've stayed shut and stopped from assuring me. Don't keep my scream close to your chest. Or breathe in my cry. Your heartbeat that rhythms out of mine, changes all that you are and me.

The flowers that bloom beneath you…shed crimson tears and burned our memories into my brain. I would throw more to grace your steps but you're not moving farther anymore. Your beautiful smile and soft voice, kill the life out of me. Isn't this better? Shouldn't this be good? Isn't losing you better than having you forget you're mine?

Why are you smiling? Why are you wiping my tears away?

© 2011 Ran


Author's Note

Ran
I wrote this piece when I listened to this song by a K-pop group; Shinee. It's morbidly beautiful how hazardous love can be

Listening : Obsession by Shinee

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011

Author

Ran
Ran

About
I love reading, songwriting, making up stories, sleeping, running, skateboarding...anything new...just holler me in and I'll give it a try. A serial quitter, I've come to confront my worst enemy' my w.. more..

Writing
Stillness Stillness

A Poem by Ran


Gone Gone

A Poem by Ran


Just Because Just Because

A Poem by Ran