Religion Is Dying

Religion Is Dying

A Poem by Randy Johnson

I read a pamphlet that asked if religion is dying, it's almost dead.

Religion may be gone forever in just a couple of decades ahead.

Religion is important to me because it's what America needs.

Jesus will return and when he does, he and his father will lead.


Donald Trump says that he can bring back prayer in schools.

I'm not crazy about Trump but if he can do it, that would be cool.

Children should be taught to pray so God won't be forgotten.

The thought of God disappearing from people's hearts is rotten.


We should always remember God because he will always remember us.

He will bless us if we worship him, he's the one who people should trust.

Now a days many people are non-religious, they refuse to acknowledge God and I don't think it's funny.

It wouldn't surprise me if the United States Government removes 'In God We Trust' from our money.

© 2016 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Placing rhyming words on the end of the lines in a political opinion doesn't make it a poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well, here's my actual review on this: this is very well written. I love the rhythmic nature of the poem because it flows so well. Many of these things are true and I hope to read more of your writings in the future!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Religion, in America, is not dying. Chistians = 70.6% Non-Christian = 5.9% Atheists and unaffiliated faiths = 22.8% (most recent Pew Religious Landscape study). Rational thought is on the rise however, I think you are confusing rational faith and non rational faith. Non rational faith is on the down turn... thankfully. There seems to be a slight last ditch effort of stupid with that Donnie Drumpf fellow but I'm not too worried. Anyway, prayer is not necessary in public schools if it was at all constitutional, which it most certainly is not. The words "under god" were added to the Pledge of Allegiance around 1954 and the words "in god we trust" added to American currency starting around 1956. That stuff was never 'meant' to be on anything. It was just political pandering to the religious sentiments of the day, lip service to placate or maybe even win over a large voting constituency. It baffles me why religious people want the government to be affiliated with their religion anyway, some of the worst atrocities of man kind happened when religion and nationalism combined forces. Like, name one time a religious government ended up doing well? How about any current ones? Yeah... think about that for a few moments.... It also saddens me to see the lack of understanding within one's own culture. You straight up do not understand what being a secular government is and the benefits that it brings and the horrors it inherently mitigates. This poem is a tragedy of irrational thinking.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

Respond to my points raised or not at all. I'm not here to be polite or accept apologies... I find.. read more
Sapientiam

7 Years Ago

Well, that's fine, honestly! I suppose I will take your second option. It was nice hearing your opin.. read more
Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

Hush now child.... I'm not even gonna entertain your message here. You can message me personally, .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 1, 2016
Tags: God, Jesus, Nonfiction, Prayer

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5