Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume

A Poem by Ranger Kessel

i had always thought it would be somehow easier or more liberating to write under a different name, like expectations would be different and i could let my guard down if no one knew it was me behind the words. i always struggled though, because i wanted anything i write to preserve a piece of me, and if i became someone else, i might lose that. i guess it's unavoidable, though. even if a person tried, i don't think they could take themselves totally out of anything they wrote. it would be like the wizard of oz, the curtain pulled back easily and there i am left standing and stuttering and nervously trying to pull the curtain back.

thinking of a name should be easy, anything is more memorable than engebos. not sure what direction i would go, though. something badass like dick winchester, or david fister. maybe something uppity like pierre something or other. in the end, it's not the name, it's the audience.

there's no need to look in the mirror. if you can write like yourself, you have a good audience. if you are holding back and the words are coming out of you as easily as you can swallow skunk liver, you have the wrong audience. choose your audience well.

© 2022 Ranger Kessel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 4, 2022
Last Updated on July 4, 2022

Author

Ranger Kessel
Ranger Kessel

Green Bay, WI



About
I like rhymes. Humor. Love. And your mother. more..

Writing
A Barn A Barn

A Poem by Ranger Kessel


5 5

A Poem by Ranger Kessel