September

September

A Poem by Ranger Kessel

Heavy clouds had fallen from their perches in the sky. The sounds of breath panting anxiously for air. Fingers nervously seeking something to touch through the haze. The air was wet and drops of water formed on the pores of skin uncovered.

It was the dark glow of September. The glow of the moon hidden by low level clouds.

It was sickening. The silhouettes of friends lost in the dark. The smell of moss. Shivering insects. Faint street lights.

It was quarter after two.

An island. Ahead in the mist. Called to us.

Together we made our way throwing off the chains of night. Of sky. Of moon.

We moved united. Step for step, but at once alone.

There were many more islands to find salvation before morning. Each more gratifying than the last.

To find salvation before the rising sun, if only temporary.

© 2022 Ranger Kessel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a genuine mind of a poet. You seem to follow rather than lead your writing, and it is always better to find out what you are thinking than to know.

Winston

Posted 7 Months Ago


If only we could find that island of unity....too much stepping alone these days...
I really like the imagery with the clouds falling from their perches.
nicely done,
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 5, 2022
Last Updated on September 5, 2022

Author

Ranger Kessel
Ranger Kessel

Green Bay, WI



About
I like rhymes. Humor. Love. And your mother. more..

Writing
A Barn A Barn

A Poem by Ranger Kessel


5 5

A Poem by Ranger Kessel


Me Me

A Poem by Ranger Kessel