Soup Crackers

Soup Crackers

A Poem by Ranger Kessel

i want to be the crackers in my soup. they have purpose. even when they're broken like me they still make my soup tasty and less waterlogged.

have you ever felt like you were on a treadmill, just going nowhere? your friends all around you cheering you on. you don't move but somehow you pass them by one by one. then you're left standing there sweaty and alone in this ridiculous workout outfit that you wouldn't have purchased on your own but you felt comfortable wearing amongst a group of people wearing similar things that showed too much of the body parts you don't like and not enough of the ones you do.that would sum up how i’ve been feeling.

© 2022 Ranger Kessel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've been there. I'm there now. I can relate. :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


A broken man, feeling sorry for himself; I’m afraid to say that happens to many of us… I like the way you describe your ill - fitted work out suit with the wrong body parts showing…and that how you feel…like broken crackers in a soup….clever write!
Best, B.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Like a fish out of water eh? Yeah I know that feeling. Let me tell you Ranger a secret. I finished a relationship once over crackers. Yep and I wrote a poem about it too.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


One - functionality rules; 2 - treadmills have a sinister lack of proportionality 3 - what we feel hardly shows on our shoulder… yet here we are, with a superb set of poetic lines. Still revelling in its qualities. Thanks Ranger. This was worth reading.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ranger Kessel

1 Year Ago

Thank you for the read and review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2022
Last Updated on July 4, 2022

Author

Ranger Kessel
Ranger Kessel

Green Bay, WI



About
I like rhymes. Humor. Love. And your mother. more..

Writing
A Barn A Barn

A Poem by Ranger Kessel


5 5

A Poem by Ranger Kessel