Blackcurrant Juice

Blackcurrant Juice

A Screenplay by Josh Trew
"

This is the sequel to my short film Orange Juice, and it's about revenge and an upcoming war.

"






Blackcurrant Juice

Written by Josh Trew


ALEX orders a hit on SAMUEL that doesn’t go the way it was supposed to.


ALEX is not cast and could be played by a female or male, hence why there is no description and his/her is used frequently. Jeff was cut from Orange Juice due to lack of actors, so he has returned here. SAMUEL’s appearance has changed due to a different casting in the short than I had hoped.











EXT. PARK - DAY


ALEX is sitting on a swing, on his/her phone. He/She is waiting for someone. That someone walks into frame and then walks up to him/her. BENNY is a teenage hitman. He goes over to the swing and stands next to ALEX.


BENNY

Alex, who’s the target?


ALEX looks up from his/her phone.


ALEX

What are your rates Benny?


BENNY

Depends on the person.


ALEX

Samuel Saverin.


BENNY’s face drops.


BENNY

Excuse me?


ALEX

Samuel Saverin. Son of Andy Saverin.


BENNY

Andy Saverin runs the Saverin Savages. The biggest gang around that everyone knows not to mess with. It would be suicide to take out the leaders kid.


ALEX

How much will it cost then?


BENNY takes a minute to answer.


BENNY

A lot. I would usually charge five hundred for nobody's and one thousand for somebody’s. This is a major somebody. Two grand. Right here right now.


ALEX

Three grand right here right now and he’s dead in 48 hours.


ALEX pulls out an envelope full of cash and holds it in front of BENNY.

ALEX (CONT'D)

Deal?


BENNY looks at the money for a second.


BENNY

Deal. one quick question which you don’t have to answer, but why exactly do you want him dead?


BENNY takes the money from ALEX.


ALEX

My dad ran a rival weed business to the Saverin Savages, and when they burned our stash, my dad attacked them. He got killed in the process. My idiot brother, Max, tried to go after his son, but his son has a reputation in the group. He’s known as Samuel the sadistic. Max, and most people outside of the gang, didn’t know. He poisoned him. So don’t accept a drink from him, it’ll kill you.


BENNY

Damn. Guess you’re at war then. And I’ve been dragged in for three grand.


ALEX looks back down at his/her phone.


ALEX

I guess we are at war. Well you’ve got a murder to commit, so go murder him.


CUT TO:

BLACK


EXT. PATH - DAY


SAMUEL, a tall teenager with black hair, styled in a quiff, is walking down a path with JEFF, a slightly shorter teenager with more acne.


JEFF

We’ve known eachother for about four years now.


SAMUEL

Yes.


JEFF

And we know eachothers deepest, darkest secrets.


SAMUEL

Yes?


JEFF

Is your name Samuel or Samuels?


SAMUEL considers this.


SAMUEL

To my mum I’m Samuel, to my dad I’m Samuels.


JEFF

Yeah, but what is your official, registered name?


SAMUEL takes a second to ponder this.


SAMUEL

I’m not one hundred percent sure. I never pay attention to any official documents that have my name on it. Damn. I don’t actually know my own name.


SAMUEL stops for a second. JEFF stops just in front of him.


JEFF

Come on, man, hurry up.


SAMUEL looks behind him. CUT TO shot of BENNY hiding behind a bush.


SAMUEL

We have to cancel, I have business that’s trying to attend to me.


JEFF looks confused and hurt.


JEFF

Ok, whatever, see you around.


SAMUEL

See you around.


JEFF walks off as SAMUEL turns around and walks the other way. He walks past BENNY and BENNY jumps out with string in his hand and strangles SAMUEL. SAMUEL elbows BENNY in the gut and rips the string from his hands. He then turns and punches BENNY in the face.


CUT TO:

BLACK

INT. BEDROOM - DAY


BENNY wakes up on a chair. SAMUEL walks over with a glass of poisonous blackcurrant juice. BENNY sits up.


SAMUEL

Here drink up.


BENNY takes the drink and has a drop. He has a moment of realisation and his eyes widen.


SAMUEL (CONT'D)

That “juice” will make you speak the truth for two minutes, so I’m gonna ask questions. Who sent you? Go.


BENNY

Alex Knightley.


SAMUEL

Why?


BENNY

You killed her brother, Max Knightley.


SAMUEL

Is he the one that attacked me?


BENNY

Yes.


SAMUEL

Why did he attack me?


BENNY

Your dad burned his dad’s weed farm down and then killed his dad.


SAMUEL

Do you think this means war?


BENNY

Yes.


SAMUEL

How much was you paid?


BENNY

Three grand in cash.


SAMUEL

Do you think it was worth it?


BENNY

No.


SAMUEL

Then why did you take the job?


BENNY

Three grand is a lot of money at our age.


SAMUEL

Do you know what they call me?


BENNY

Samuel the sadistic.


SAMUEL bends down and picks a knife off of the floor and holds it up to BENNY.


SAMUEL

Is it still worth it?


SAMUEL stabs BENNY in the gut. The camera stays on BENNY’s face. SAMUEL climbs onto his bed. The camera dollies in towards him. He smiles and takes headphones off of his pillow and plugs them into his phone and starts listening to music as BENNY screams in the background.


SAMUEL (CONT'D)

Unprofessional.


ROLL CREDITS


END.



© 2017 Josh Trew


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 24, 2017
Last Updated on January 24, 2017
Tags: Blackcurrant, Orange, Juice, 2, sequel, short, film, screenplay

Author

Josh Trew
Josh Trew

United Kingdom



About
Hello, I'm Josh. I write short stories and attempt full length novels. more..

Writing
Orange Juice Orange Juice

A Screenplay by Josh Trew


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Josh Trew