The Dream

The Dream

A Story by RavenDeschain

Lucy picks up her ragged clothes and drinches them in the cool river water to rise them. The warm breeze whisphers to her from the treetops. The warm sunlight feels soothing to her tired body. Picking up the rest of her laundry, she heads back down the dirt path to the castle.She knew it was getting late and preparing the meal for the royal family would take some time. As she waddles, struggling to keep her grip on the wooden clothes basket, she thinks about the dream she had the night before. It was a dream of a man. Not just a man but a knight in black armor, riding down this beaten path on a black steed. He was a handsome knight with crystal blue eyes that touched her very soul. His long, coal black hair fell free and waved in the breeze as he passed by. He gazed at her with a smile.She returned his smile as she pushed her long curly brown hair away from her face. She continued on her journey. Suddenly she noticed heavyfootsteps behind her. Thinking it was another horseman trying to pass, she moved aside. But to her surprise, it was her knight. He moved his horse in front of her. She stopped in wonder at the dark haired stranger.

"Shall i ask the name of this beautiful creature who stands before me?" He asks her with a pleased smile.Not knowing him she denies his request for her name. "My name is not                 important sire." He smiles graciously at her."What would such a lovely lady be doing on this wonderous day? Not having much  interaction with men before, she speaks softly.

"I am returning from the market. I haven't any coins for you if that is what you are seeking."

The man giggles and still unable to control the smile gleeming from his face.

"I don't want your coins madam.Just your name."  He slides off his steed and approaches her carefully as to not startle her.

"Being I am a lowly peasant of the royal family, surely you are after more than a name sire."

His smile widens. Her head still bowed down, he reaches out to her chin and slowly raises her head.As he looks deep into her eyes, she finds herself unable to move. Feeling his stare holding her to the very ground on which she stood, sending chills up and down her spine, she trys to mutter anything that may come to surface but nothing would dare come out. Wondering what this man truely wanted. Why was he pestering her? Who was he? As she struggles within herself his face becomes dark and mysterious. His voice becoming a low growl of a demon in the moonlight. She could feel her energy draining, as he gentally leans down to her ear to whispher to her.

"You will remember once again....I am the one. I am your lover, your companion, your master.....it has been a long while since we last met. You shall remember our past in the moonlight....."he pauses, "I haven't forgotten you.....Lucy." he gentally places his hand on her cheek and kisses her face, softly. His touch made her shiver with fear, his breath was as cold as ice. She could not move as he rasies himself back on his steed and rides away. Her body was paralized and her mind in his control. She felt that he knew her, but from where she did not know. Suddenly she falls to her knees. Unable to make sence of what just happened, she looks toward the trotting black beauty while they ride away. She thinks to herself, where did he come from? Why was he so farmilar? What was going to happen next?

                   

© 2010 RavenDeschain


Author's Note

RavenDeschain
I have this dream I wanted to write about. Excuse the type O's and the writing mistakes. i just think about it and start typing. I am sure there will be more fo this one. Just not sure when.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 28, 2010
Last Updated on December 28, 2010

Author

RavenDeschain
RavenDeschain

About
I am a restless spirit who has found her destiny. Seeking souls for the long haul. Enjoying stories of fantasy along the way. The raven breathes in deeply, spreads her wings and takes off in the .. more..

Writing