Falling out of love with him

Falling out of love with him

A Poem by Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker
"

This piece is about a woman who is confessing her new feelings to her lover after the discovery of his infidelity.

"

I fell out of love, and it hurt when I landed. Just because I nod my head doesn't mean I understand it.


The impact when I touched down and went 8 feet underground was less excruciating than the damage you caused, a pain unbearable my mental scratches under your verbally abusive claws.


One day ill resurrect from this soiled pain. Out my casket of secrets from the dawn of my life lived in vain.


Are we ever truly sane?
Are we ever the really the players rather than the characters in this game?
Are ever the eyes of the beholder or the beholder of the eyes?
Are we the monsters we preach about in disguise?

Are we living a fast life or are we living the fastest life in slow motion?


I'm sick of being the picture with no caption just metaphors, subliminal messages and dialogs contraptions.


She is the reason you choke and spit out our relationships love potion. So with that to adjourn this meeting I motion.


You lack my antidote so I granted you with the remedy to cope with the absence of my devotion.


I like the feeling of cutting my chain of thought when you're it in, these emotional links are so fake
the feeling heals my head and heartache.


So how much of this do I have to endure?  Before you realize that after you hurt me I couldn't love you anymore.


Pause.
Rewind
Repeat
And delete



I remember who I am now.


You became a distant memory somehow.


Maybe even then I'll still dwell on the sweet intimate kisses you laid on your mistress.


The same beautiful diamond ring you got me that you bought for your infidelity


That bed we once shared and parted from every morning at six
Was the same one you laid in when she blessed your crucifix.


I think I'm done.... Okay maybe I'm not.
But while you pack your things and cus me out for what you no longer got.

Ill sit here and smile in silent agony



You should've never let no chick try to take my spot.

don't worry baby, no apologies due.

because I'm falling out of love with you too.

© 2018 Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker


Author's Note

Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker
please give feedback! first post on this site.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on November 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2018
Tags: breakups, relationships, newpoet, newauthor, newwriter, 2017, infidelity