Now Can I be Rap?

Now Can I be Rap?

A Poem by Matthew Webb

How many I shot zero/ anti climactic citizen rayne hero/ I'm heat opposite deniro/ burning rap down like the city of nero/ It's broken like glass shattered on the porch/ lit up on fire burned up and scortched/ it's torched/ in a blaze of glory/ makin wall street look like a fairy tale story/ You wanna talk recession? I've got the impression the entire rap game is in a depression/ you know the old expression/ you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink/ You can lead  n****s to paper, but you can't make em thin/ they stare at it for hours and all they do is just blink/ It's all poppin caps, my chains, my watches/ my w****s, butterfly doors, and how big my crotch is/ does anyone think how intelligent saying "beat her like a cop" is?/ No, it's entertainment/ take what happens on the streets and enflame it/ talk about it all day, gangsta, they claim it/ so that's what fame is/ an explination of FOREX on lil Waynes forhead?/ sold drugs and tatooed, so now he's important?/ Wow, somebody kill me please/ no seriously, kill me please/ someday when you find these then I'll be relevant/ because unless I get shot you know I can't be sellin it/ I'll become rap celebate, and just rap for the hell of it/ till then what I say is irrelevant.

 

They won't take me seriously, I aint been shot/ lead a decent life and I aint sold pot/  Never on the corner out sellin that snow/ never pushed blow, on anyone you know/ Never pulled a trigger aimed at another dude/ somewhat rude with a bad attitude/ but still never killed to pay my bills/ Until then it's pipe dreams that can't be filled.

 

I'mma need to do it if I wanna turn heads/ shoot a n***a up and talk bout how he bled/ then make a reference to the bullet bein  lead/ in case you didn't know/ you might not see since a bullet aint slow/ I better get  dealin/ free wheelin the crank/ gotta go to prison, imma go get shanked/ Two to five years, and I'll earn credability/ lose all my civility, and gain some thugability/ I'm hard now, I need a grill made of diamonds  to round it out/ and a tear tatoo without a doubt, now that's what I'm about/am I hard enough To cash in on the cash cow called rap that's in a state of apocolypse now/ Wow, I'm really gettin started/ I'm whalberg in departed, least suspected, undercarded/ Now I'm effin n****s up, I should drop some cuss words/ because that's not much worse/ since I've already killed, oh yes...ya heard?

 

They won't take me seriously, I aint been shot/ lead a decent life and I aint sold pot/  Never on the corner out sellin that snow/ never pushed blow, on anyone you know/ Never pulled a trigger aimed at another dude,/ somewhat rude with a bad attitude/ but still never killed to pay my bills/ Until then it's pipe dreams that can't be filled/ But now I ripped n****s up tore and I scrapped/ I may bust a cap, now can I be rap?

 

No, hold up check my skin tone/ I don't have a boost mobile phone with a customized ring tone/ I'm not ridin on 20's while drinkin 40's with shorties/ lookin mean at the club, askin for some bub like I'm wolverine bangin scrubs/ Forget it I had a rant for em/ but before I could finisht they got grills of adimantium/  Rap is zombie it needs a shot to dome/ it's to be put down and left alone/ every rapper now is a clone and a drone/ it's like an episode of the twilight zone/Every succesful rapper has the same exact past/ same story, same car, same kind of "class"/ tappin the same a*s, hittin the same booty/ actin like a big star like "why aint we in a movie"/ ramblin on about the last chic who blew me/ listening to rap now is jury duty/ cept I don't get paid, laid, or have any intelligent thoughts my way conveyed/  I've prayed, to the Gods of rap, to bring one man back to fix the situation/ I heard he's coming with word alliteration/ syllables that help my brain take vacation, from midless zombie rap that makes my mind a mental patient/ Hurry up Shady, fix this shi*, cuz if it still broke after you're back I quit.

 

They won't take me seriously, I aint been shot/ lead a decent life and I aint sold pot/ Never on the corner out sellin that snow/ never pushed blow, on anyone you know/ Never pulled a trigger aimed at another dude,/ somewhat rude with a bad attitude/ but still never killed to pay my bills/ Until then it's pipe dreams that can't be filled/ But now I ripped n****s up, I tore and I scrapped/ I may bust a cap, now can I be rap?/  In fact, scratch all that/ I got 22's on my benze and a backwards cap/ I stack bottles of champagne on this fly chics rack/ and on top of that I'm pullin the trigger back/ *click click*  now can I be rap?

 

© 2012 Matthew Webb


Author's Note

Matthew Webb
Constructive comments only please. If something is spelled wrong, I'm sure I'll see it when I save it to word...so don't say so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow interesting...nice

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting and unique piece. I love the "chorus" you threw in there, it really pulled the piece together...truly I have never read anything quite this. Rap lyrics on the Cafe? But it works.

And, having never listened willingly to rap in my life, I have no suggestions. It is good as it is.

Jane

Posted 15 Years Ago


Tight lyrics. I love the way it rolls. You've got a solid handle on the language, and an obvious gift for expression. The only suggestion I have is to shorten the lines into verses or stanzas to emphasize your rhymes and help the flow even more. I enjoyed. Long live street poetry!!!

Cheers!
FF

Posted 15 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2009
Last Updated on December 29, 2012

Author

Matthew Webb
Matthew Webb

Falls Church, VA



About
I've been away for a few years. I'm back, and adding a s**t load of new work all at one time. Most of what I write is the equivalent of freestyle rhyme or rap. As of now there is no option for that, .. more..

Writing
The Horn The Horn

A Story by Matthew Webb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..