One

One

A Chapter by calli

Syn


"I'm tired of this Syn! This is the third visit I've had to come to! You're supposed to be getting help here!" My mom yelled. She was pissed, she missed one day of her precious time with her job.


She worked for herself so I didn't see the big deal. I didn't ask to come to the hospital. She brought me here three weeks ago.

"Well, the doctor wanted you here. Not me." I said adjusting my pillows. She stood up and grabbed her bag, "You're old enough to live on your own now. I'll pack your things and you can move out once you get out of here." She said sharply as if she was trying to hurt my feelings by doing so.


She turned on her heels and left the hospital room. I sighed and laid back down in my bed. I was a disaster to my family, I didn't know why I was like this, I didn't ask to be. I'd rather die. I stared at the ceiling as thoughts rolled through my head, I wasn't always so sad. I used to be happy once upon a time before, he died. I still remember it all happened. He was there one minute and then he was gone.


It had been a normal day, Tristan and I were walking down the street holding hands like we were a couple. We act like one. Is that weird since we were brother and sister? Well he's my adopted brother. Tristan smiles at me as we walk to the corner. "So are you excited for prom?" He said softly as we cross the street walking home from school. I shrug. I was never a girly girl when it came to dances and things like that. "Come on. Do you at least have a date?" He nudged me wiggling his eyebrows. "Do you?" I countered back. He chuckled. "Yup. I do." I rolled my eyes. Of course he does. "Oh yeah? Who?" I say pulling my keys to the house. Tristan shrugged his shoulders with a smile and opened the door. We walked in raced each other up stairs. It had been a normal thing for us. I flopped on his bed and pulled out the homework I was assigned for the day, while Tristan stared at me. "What you staring at?" I asked looking at him with a smile. His expression changes as he focus on my arm. Uh oh. I pull back and ignore his glaring. "Let me see." He said firmly. He's never talk to me that way like that. I lifted my arm up so he could see the damage I'd done to myself because of my bully at school, he looked at them and tears started to form in my eyes. "We talked about this didn't we?" I looked down. He brought my arm to his lips and placed small little butterfly kisses on my arm, I stared in awe. Tears rolled down my cheek as he hugged me close afterwards. "I'm sorry..." I whispered to him, he didn't speak. He just placed his lips against mine lifting me in his lap, he wasted no time like he'd been wanting this for so long. Tristan stopped to breathe and we lean our heads against each other. "Did we just kiss?" He said softly against my lips. We were inches apart and our parents were nowhere to be found. I nodded. "I'm not your real brother and this isn't wrong for me to want you. I tell you what we are gonna go get something to eat." I smiled unable to speak because I was speechless, he understood. We walked down stairs and outside, I held his hand and he smiled softly. Little did we know a guy was behind us just as we started walking to this cafe place just down the road. I remembered his voice but never his face. "Hold it right there kid." The guy was in a rush wearing a plaid shirt and a bandanna,a gun pointed straight at us. It was broad daylight,why wasn't anyone seeing this. "Now...If this is about money..You can have it just don't hurt her." Tristan spoke up. His voice was stern yet shaky. "Hand it over and don't be a hero." The guy said replied. He was clearly shaken up. Tristan handed over his wallet and backed up holding my hand tight while the guy examined his wallet, Tristan peered at the man like he knew him. "Casey..?" He said softly. The guy looked up his eyes wide with fear. He cocked the gun shaking, Tristan settled his nerve and looked at Casey. "Casey... Come on man. Put the gun down. I'll help you." Casey shook his head. "No! You're gonna call the cops!" Tristan pushed me out of the way as soon Casey went for the trigger. A loud bang erupted through my ears and all I could see was blood on my shirt and then Tristan fell to the ground. The bullet struck his heart and went straight through killing him instantly. I dropped to my knees just as another loud bang erupted, Casey shot himself in the head. He didn't even give himself time to panic about how he just killed someone. Blood everywhere on the pale sidewalk and me. Just me. Alive and well while he's dead ...I had frozen up. I could have saved him.


I snap out of my flashback and found myself standing on the edge of the roof. My thoughts immediately scream;Jump




© 2016 calli


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

whoa, wasnt expecting that :)i had to re-read the bit where they were holding hands and that they were step-siblngs..... i was just making sure that i read it right and that it wasnt my dirty mind playing games with me :)LOL. nope this is handsdown one of the best stories ive read so far......
great work Chance dont ever stop writing......... :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

calli

7 Years Ago

Omg, Thank you.You made my day (:
 The Realist

7 Years Ago

you are very much welcome Chance..



Reviews

OMG..what a shocker of a story. Started out quite sweet, got a little bit naughty and then ended in crazy.

Wow, what a great piece. I litterally am shocked at the ending

Good work.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


calli

7 Years Ago

Aw Thanks. I'm glad you like it.
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

More than welcome. Pleasure was mine.

Mark.
Very interesting. Just commenting to inform you that I have read this & find it quite interesting. Very intriguing themes, in addition. I shall keep an eye out for your work. & I shall be reading more.

You are a very engrossing writer. Thank you for finding me.

Phoenix

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

calli

7 Years Ago

Thank you kindly,I Like Your Work As Well!
PhoenixDown

7 Years Ago

Anytime, friend.
whoa, wasnt expecting that :)i had to re-read the bit where they were holding hands and that they were step-siblngs..... i was just making sure that i read it right and that it wasnt my dirty mind playing games with me :)LOL. nope this is handsdown one of the best stories ive read so far......
great work Chance dont ever stop writing......... :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

calli

7 Years Ago

Omg, Thank you.You made my day (:
 The Realist

7 Years Ago

you are very much welcome Chance..
Powerful story, lots of emotions. A pet peeve of mine: it's "I could have saved him" or "I could've saved him" not "I could of saved him". Also, I think I'd start the second paragraph "It had been a normal day" instead of "It was a normal day." This change would more clearly establish that it is memory (although it's pretty clear anyway).

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

calli

7 Years Ago

Okay,Thank You! It was a rough draft heh so I knew i made a couple mistakes
Except for a couple of mistakes, the chapter is great and interesting. I really want to know what's been going on with that Casey guy and I'll also be happy to read something about the characters' appearances. I'm looking forward to the next part.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

calli

7 Years Ago

Thank you (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2016
Last Updated on October 30, 2016


Author

calli
calli

Wilmington, NC



About
Writing Helps Me Live A Life Where everyone can have a happy ending more..

Writing
Alive Alive

A Book by calli


Two Two

A Chapter by calli


Three Three

A Chapter by calli