Please Don't Cut

Please Don't Cut

A Story by RealmWriter
"

This is an anti-suicide story and I beg any readers, if self harm takes apart in your daily life. Please, please, please reach out to someone. Your not alone, nor are you forgotten.

"
I want to ask you something, yes, you. If your reading this and you deal with thoughts of suicide, cutting, burning, or any other forms of self-harm. Please keep reading as I go.

I want you to sit back and think for a minute, what makes you feel lost? Confused? Scared? Alone? What drives you to go forth and hurt yourself?
Suicide is plaguing our community and our schools, everyday we risk losing someone we love. By the things we say, how we treat one another, how we react to one another. Maybe because of the fear, the feeling of always being alone, or not understanding why something happened. But the thing is, your not alone, you have friends and family that care about you and don't want to lose you. Some of us drink, though we're under-aged we search for something that'll numb the pain for one more night, cutting to relief the stress; or to feel pain in a different way. Covering the cuts with bracelets, long sleeves, our pants for those who mark their legs.

I know because I was their once, I used to cut to relief myself of the pain in my broken heart. When I was cheated on, lied to, stolen from. I did it because my mom would always emotionally, physically, mentally abuse me. During that time I was abused by her boyfriend, and bullied at school. Sure I had a few friends, but none of them I could trust enough to bring up the pain inside. I felt like a ghost in myself and among the world of the living. My mother pretty much rejected me, disowned me. Telling me that I'm not her son, that I'm an embarrassment. I fed off that negativity and I started cutting. I have 4 siblings, not once did I think about what they'd think. And that pained me the most, because I hadn't thought about them and what they had to worry about. Whether or not we'd have somewhere safe to sleep, or when our next meal would be. But I'm proud and honored to be their older brother. They're all adopted now with great families.

But this isn't about me, it's about you. You have potential to do great things with your future. But you need to realize that suicide, its not the only way out of a bad place. You can do great things as long as you put your mind and effort to it. I believe in you, I know the fear of being in that place not knowing what'll happen next. But believe in yourself, cherish who you really are, and what you'll become. Don't let darkness and fear stand before your dreams; for your much bigger then fear. Fear is smaller, and your power is greater. As a friend of yours, an acquaintance, I ask of you. Please don't cut, for it is only going to hurt you, but it's not just you it's going to effect. But also the loved ones around you, whether it be grandma, grandpa, aunts or uncles, maybe your siblings; or even your parents.

Always believe in yourself, if you fall down; I want you to stand back up and hit harder then before. Life confronts us all with many challenges, its your choice whether you want to end your life sooner, or to live on and tell your kids what I'm telling you. Everyday is another day to try again, to learn, to surpass the fear we had yesterday. Your amazing, your soul is beautiful, and your perfect.

"Suicide is never the answer its just, a permanent solution, to a temporary problem."-Famous Last Words One In the Chamber & The End Of The Beginning (Official Music Video)

© 2016 RealmWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 8, 2016
Last Updated on November 8, 2016
Tags: Anti-Suicide, Cutting, Suicide, Life, Self-harm

Author

RealmWriter
RealmWriter

Phoenix, AZ



About
I'm an 18 year old writer, I love writing and it's become a wonderful hobby in my life. Not only do I write stories, I write poetry, and my own song lyrics. I started writing when I was 12; inspired b.. more..

Writing