I don't want to talk, so I'll write instead.

I don't want to talk, so I'll write instead.

A Story by Beck Louise
"

Mature themes.

"

The night was bitterly dark. Raining, if I remember correctly. It was mid January, and as cold as ever. The time was around half past Eleven, but it seemed much later. In the kitchen of one of my closest friends, I sat, my hand clasped around a vodka and coke. The smoke from her cigarette flew dangerously in my face, intoxicating me. Her father, in denial, but certainly a drunkard, sat solemn and passive at the other side of the table, whiskey perched precariously on the edge of the table. His eyes frequently moved from his daughter to myself, an undecipherable expression painted on his deeply weary face. As if a sudden awakening, a ringing. Picking up her phone, and seeing her boyfriends name, my friend excused herself from the room, leaving me alone with her drunk father. After she left, he seemed to be intent on walking around. I felt my comfort level fall to an all time low, as he began to frequently touch my shoulder in passing. He even attempted an embrace, regaling stories of how much he had come to respect my father and mother. The thought of this sickens me now. I swallowed hard and tried to divert him onto the subject of his daughter, with no success. He called me “A beauty” running his finger across my face. Immediately I moved out of the way. A bad idea, of course. As he moved closer and closer, I saw the look of twisted pleasure. The words were spoken and I can still hear them today.

“Do you know what I would do to you?” Of course, my stomach was retching horribly, and I gasped, tearing away from him. He looked confused, but somehow more determined.

“Do you not want me anymore?” I was completely sickened at this fifty-something married man making such suggestions towards me. His daughter re-entered the room, almost comatose with alcohol. Soon enough, we were in her room, and she was sleeping. That's when he came in. I saw the light of the hallway widen as the door was opened ever so gently. Before I could even move, he was next to me. His dirty, nasty hands, sliding over my thigh. I pushed him away, tears stinging my tired eyes. I couldn't help it as his hand moved upward more and more.

“No!” I knew my friend had awoken but in the darkness, she had to fumble around a bit to regain full consciousness. By the time she was fully aware, her father was standing at the foot of her bed. I was in a state of shock, at what had happened, what could have happened.


I can't bare to look at my friend anymore. I won't stay at her house and I can't bring myself to tell her why. I feel sickened even looking at her. It's all I can do not to think about it when I close my eyes. It will forever haunt me.


She doesn't even remember.  

© 2012 Beck Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Things like this should never have to happen to anybody. One of my biggest hurts is knowing how many of my female friends and women and even people in general have had to deal with the debilitating reality of rape truly hurts my heart. No one should ever have to go through with that. Whether it almost happened or not he still had no right to do that to you. As hard as it might be I think that you should at least tell someone that way he won't think its ok to get away with doing something like that. I am just sorry you had to go through with that in the first place. I am sending love and strength and guidance to help you through and what do from here. Hug.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Totally agree, there's no excuse at all for any person.
Ahmad Cox

11 Years Ago

The sad thing about our society is that we tend to blame to the person that got raped instead of loo.. read more
Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Oh definitely, its a terrible thing but it does always seem to happen, unfortunately
can't believe that someone like that would do a thing like that!! wish you could've the police on him..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Yeah, someone you never expect! I've been tempted a few times, I will admit
constancelovesdarkness

11 Years Ago

you should.. you'd feel better im sure..
that is so sad. i'm sorry that happened to you..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

I appreciate that, it wasn't nice but it could have been worse, always have to look at the positive:.. read more
beautiful dreamer

11 Years Ago

your very welcome!
Very nicely detailed. I like your choice of vocabulary in this piece. I do hope this isn't a true story, however.

Posted 11 Years Ago


For Worse

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry that had to happen to you. Writing has helped me through my tough times, so I hope it help.. read more
Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate that. Yeah same here :) Thanks again :)
For Worse

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

602 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012

Author

Beck Louise
Beck Louise

United Kingdom



About
I'm Beck. I'm a writer focusing on women's fictions, drama, and historical romance. I am active on this platform again as of March 2023, so please send any read requests and I will make sure I ge.. more..

Writing