The Vampires Prayer

The Vampires Prayer

A Poem by Rebi Valeska
"

Short, desperate, and powerful prayer for those that dwell in the dark searching for the Light.

"
Dear Heavenly Father, forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. 
My hands have been lazy, my tongue has fouled many hearts and minds, my eyes have given into fleshly desires, my lips have touched sacred essences that were never meant to be mine, and my teeth have torn greedily into gifts that I have taken for granted. I thank you for your incomparable mercy and understanding, and beg for you, my Father, to wash me clean of my sins and debts with your own flesh and blood of your one and only son Jesus Christ, and to fill me with the Holy Spirit so as to be guided in your amazing plans. 
I know now that you understand the pains, you know there will truly be no rest for us and the wicked until the day we are to go back to the realms we came from. 
Father, I reside in the dark...and your light is shining within me. I am a misfit among the wicked...a hybrid...a gentle monster...and it's you who has claimed me as your own. Through you, I can be free to be who I am, what I am, with no regrets or fear. I am your child, your warrior, and a living walking sacrifice. No man nor spirit will come between you and I, as we are bound forever in your spirit. In your name, I will strike down those who feast on the misfortunes of others, and I will care for the sick and lost and those who would otherwise be deemed "unworthy" of your love. 
Please guide me and give me strength as I walk down this narrow ragged path. Thank you for the things I have taken for granted, and I thank you for the lessons you had me endure to become the person I am today.
In your precious name I pray...amen.

© 2013 Rebi Valeska


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very ironic in content. i love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 4, 2013
Last Updated on May 4, 2013
Tags: christian, prayer, poem, freestyle, vampires, vampire

Author

Rebi Valeska
Rebi Valeska

down in, MS



About
American multi-artist, video blogger, and college student. more..

Writing