Snowglobe Sensation

Snowglobe Sensation

A Chapter by Rebq10102
"

introduction, mysterious and intriguing (hopefully)

"

The dark, cold, misty morning began normally, until I saw the tree rustle. There was no wind, in fact, looking back, it was too still. One light flickered on and off at the end of the street, until finally it surrendered and the only light guiding me to the bus stop was the soft, eerie glow of the moon coming from behind the clouds. My footsteps haunted me as I walked. I kept glancing over my shoulder, sure that someone was following me, but it was no one. I longed for the usual company of my sister, but she wasn’t riding the bus today, so I walked alone.

Many people say they are not afraid of the dark, but I won’t like, it is scary to be outside, alone, in the dark. The most haunting part however, is how I didn’t feel like I was alone. That morning I felt a queer feeling that is close to indescribable. I felt like I was alone, but being watched. I felt like the silence was screaming at me. The best way to describe this feeling is to imagine that you are in a snow globe. In the snow globe it is just you and your nonliving surroundings, but outside of the snow globe, many people are watching you. The one problem is they can see you in your snow globe, but you can’t see them. In fact, you don’t even know they are there. You don’t even know you are in the snow globe. That is how I felt as I walked down to the bus stop on the day that the tree rustled.

I arrived at the bust stop and waited. I didn’t wait in boredom, though, I waited in longing. Longing for the bus to come and to save me from the odd feeling of seclusion that I felt outside, by myself. Finally, the flashing yellow lights appeared down the street and I felt slightly comforted. The bus came to a halt and I stepped on. About 10 heads peered low at their phones. Only a few people even looked at me as I joined them on the bus. Although, I was surrounded by other living people, my snow globe sensation didn’t go away. I glanced out the window. Not one leave moved. No branches swayed. No critters ran into the woods. No cars  drove by. Even though we were on the bus together, we were alone. But, something told me we were not.

We turned onto a short road that went in a circle, but was square in shape. The bus came to a half-hearted stop, but no one was at the bus-stop. We turned onto the road that had the mysterious houses that for the most part were hidden by the woods. We turned another time, and that is when I saw it. The branch twitched and I saw a dark foot step down onto a branch. I tried to find a body to go with the foot.  “Am I seeing things?” I thought. I searched out the window, but the foot had disappeared. No one else on the bus had seen the branch move.                                      



© 2016 Rebq10102


Author's Note

Rebq10102
please tell me what you like/dislike!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016