No title

No title

A Story by Vincent Valon
"

Just a introduction i made that i never followed up on... looking for opinons on how i write and how i can alter for better.

"

The Grand Magister was quietly reading through various reports as Rose busted into his office. “Sir they’ve broken the wards! We have to leave right away, they cannot be allowed to get their hands on you or all is lost!” she shouted while franticly looking for a route of escape through the windows.
        Calmly putting his papers down on the desk the grand Magister  stood up from his chair. “Rose, calm down, your causing a ruckus. This is not a problem. It will be a problem when they have us captured and helpless. Until then we are perfectly fine. You under-estimate my abilities. Do you think I got to the rank of Grand Magister through tricks? I am more skilled then any thing that has been seen in their forces, this is a waste of their time and forces…But I must admit I am impressed by them breaking the wards; but it is no matter. Let us just stay and wait.” He said, while still keeping his naturally callous demeanor.
         Rose stopped in her tracks and just stared at him for a minute. “Are you insane?! Stay where we are! That is the worst Idea I have ever heard in my life! Your going to get yourself killed! Why are you being so selfish? If you don’t go I can’t go and if they over power you then we’ll both die… How selfish is that?” she said starting to calm down.
         “You shouldn’t jump to conclusions like that Rose. I have a weird way in the bottom left drawer of my desk. It will take you somewhere safe, but it will close after it is used. This way if I fall, which I wont, Then nothing can follow you…but should I not contact you within 1 hour of you entering the portal I want you to promise me you will do something for me. I want you to find the woman whose name is Alexander. Once you find her you need to give her the following message. “This wolf knows not what haunts her” Can you do that for me Rose?” Allowing the slightest amount of concern to show in expression in his face for a fraction of a second before it was replaced with his normal Callous face.
          Rose looked at his face after catching that amount of concern and softly spoke “I’ll do that but you cannot die, your not allowed to die! If you die I will kill you!” She smiled as she was saying it
         He smiled back allowing emotion into his face that was surely a show of affection. ‘Don’t worry I won’t die”
         As soon as he finished saying that the moment was rudely shattered by the sound of foot steps out -side of the door accompanied by people barking orders. “Quickly Rose! You  must go! Go though the portal! Run!” The Grand Magister shouted allowing full emotion into his face of rage. Spinning around as he said it finishing with his back to her. His hands began to Glow a dark black being enveloped with an aura, the ground around him the dust was disturbed as the ground began warping from the fluxes surging from his hands. “You creatures will not stand a chance! You Worgs are not nearly enough to sand up to my magic! The power of the nether shall rip you to shreds!!” He shouted at the top of his lungs.
         Rose stood behind his desk her hand on the drawer staring in awe at what was unfolding before her. All of a sudden the door exploded in a Wave of sound and heat. The burning wave felt like a apocalypse was being thrown at her she couldn’t imagine that the Worgs had a machine this powerful! Then all of a sudden as the trinkets on the desk reacted to it, it became apparent, along with a wave of fear as she realized what had happened. This wasn’t a machine or explosion, this was magic! She became over come with fear while she was shielding her face behind the desk as she realized the thing that worried her the most, He hadn’t set up any wards for magic! He was defenseless since he had expected machines! In her shock she threw her head up to look over the desk to see what had happened. She screamed when she saw it, not a Worg, but a drake was hunched over the Grand Magister holding him down.  As she screamed both the drake and he looked at her. At the moment the drake was about to jump at her when the Magister Screamed at the top of his lungs “GO!” She opened the drawer. She was gone.

© 2008 Vincent Valon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Vincent Valon
Vincent Valon

Boston, MA, MA



About
Hello. I used to be on here...I've been here on and off for a long time and now the whole data wipe happened...I am not happy about that...It is quite..Aggravating.....to have to go back and rewrite .. more..

Writing