Story Friday 1: Embaressment and Beyound

Story Friday 1: Embaressment and Beyound

A Story by Red
"

There's no better way of starting off story fridays than writing about what really happened. Better yet, none of it's fabricated.

"

 

Embarrassment And Beyond

A true story by Jay Wesley Hagwood

 

            Some day's I still think back about the day my father made a scene. We've all had those moments in life where our family does something in public that shines down an unwanted (and rather embarrassing) spotlight upon us. Probably the most embarrassing, and undoubtedly humorous, was the time my father, stepmother, brother, sister, and I went to Disneyland for the first time.

            I was at a ripe age of six when we traveled by car to Anaheim to visit Micky Mouse and the rest of the gang. Before I continue with my story, perhaps it's best that I shed some light on my father and stepmother so that you can get a better understanding about them in general.

            My father is physically disabled due to screwing his back up. His back in fact is so messed up that he can't work (or so he claims). He had, and possibly still has, to take heavy medication just so he can feel as ease from his constant and nagging pain. Due to the pain and medication that's forced down his throat, my father a short fuse. You say something negative about him, he'll yell at you. If  you're trying to explain side of an argument, he'll yell at you. Piss him off in general, he'll yell at you. I'd continue, but I'll assume you get the idea.

            I like to refuse to my stepmother as the Bitchosaurus. For some reason, she enjoys getting into other people's business. I swear, I think the only way for her to get off is to have something to complain about. Being her narcissistic and naïve self, she's always right about everything, even if she isn't the sharpest spoon in the cookie jar. As an example, she believed that world war two was because “people like to point fingers.” In addition, she didn't realize Adolf Hitler had anything to do with world war two. Again, her IQ isn't something to brag about.

            Once we got to Disneyland, the “fun” began right away. There's nothing like standing in line for two hours to ride Dumbo or listening to my stepmother b***h about how much she spent one a bottle of water while going down at a 45 degree angle on Splash Mountain. My personal favorite was when I went on Thunder Mountain and the dick working there didn't realize my seat belt wasn't working. I had to hang on for my dear life. Literally.

            After a few rides, bathroom stops, and ranting sessions my stepmother is well know for, my father's back was starting to hurt. So, we got him a wheelchair to ride in while my stepmother pushed him around the park. During that time was when all the shows were going on. You know, the shows that the little kids sometimes get called up to play in while the parents clap for them on the sidelines, praising them for killing clones from Star Wars.

            I can't remember exactly why we were passing through the Buzz Lightyear show, but it was crowded. It was so crowded in fact that you'd need to keep your hands in your pockets in fear you might accidently feel somebody up. Being my young self, I couldn't grasp such concepts. Nor did I understand what it meant calling somebody a b***h like the woman who bumped into my stepmother did. Now that I look back at to woman's comment, it seems rather ironic.

            My stepmother instantly yelled something back at her. The woman, having a husband, starting yelling back at my stepmother. This yelling match got the attention of everyone except Buzz and his faithful space cadets who danced around on stage obliviously while the crowd watched. That's when my dad stepped in. I remember it as if yesterday.

            Standing up from the wheelchair, my father spat back insults at the woman and husband, both standing in shock and awe. Everyone grew silent, even the people performing. They all watched as my father called the woman a filthy w***e. He also threatened to beat the living hell out of the man. Even the man playing Buzz light year, with his giant head and stupid smolder expression, stared at my father. Someone shrieked the words “He can stand!” in the background.

            A worker had to break up the hollering match, claiming that Disneyland was supposed to be the happiest place on earth along with the typical bullshit you'd expect someone with a fake smile to say. My father walked away with my stepmother pushing the empty wheelchair behind him and the three of us kids following them. I couldn't understand why everyone was so petrified. It was later explained to me that when someone appears to be a paraplegic it scares people to see them jump up from their wheelchair and scream like a psychopath. I soon after feared people who couldn't move their legs.

            I sometimes sit back and think about that day, now laughing about how ridiculous it was.

            Not to mention Buzz Lightyear watching in awe as my father walked away.

© 2012 Red


Author's Note

Red
There might be some grammer issues considering I have the spelling ability of a fourth grader....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012
Tags: funny buzz lightyear haha are yo

Author

Red
Red

Portland, OR



About
Well, I'm not sure what you want to know about me or if you even want to in the first place. If somebody does decide to read this then I guess I better say something. I was born in Washington (no, .. more..

Writing
Chase Chase

A Story by Red


From The Tower From The Tower

A Poem by Red


No more Roses No more Roses

A Story by Red