Crestfallen Beasts

Crestfallen Beasts

A Poem by RedWinterSkies
"

Emotions of a few in a castle of many.

"
A whisper turns into a shout, a roar, a scream. Fiery petals dance in the wind, ash on the horizon of a red dawn. Plumes of smoke rage from an open maw of teeth, torn apart by disaster.

Lost to time are these precious scales, reminders of days gone. Glacial tears kept hidden underneath a vibrant night sky, wasting away with the melancholy of heartache.

Lost are the shadows dancing around the light of the moons. A longing gaze is sent skyward but there’s no more light there, only familiar, dim, empty eyes.

A crystal room is made of song, haunting and full of sorrow. The crystal seeps under doors, onto the walls outside, searching for something familiar.

Charred black is a heart of embers and blazing flames. Anger slumbers deep, ready to awaken into a new sun. Anxiety takes hold and pushes that anger farther, deeper, letting it sink back to the pits of anguish so it may rear it’s ugly head tenfold one day.

Uncertainty snatches a heart of gold, memories haunting dreams and nightmares. A sunbound orb is the only welcomed light. Tears stain a precious face once full of love as darkness settles.

Busy is a kitchen full of delightful scents yet an ominous silence. Night bellows haunting melodies that tell tales without words, flailing in a web of poison.

Boundless worries claw at a spectral void, uncertain what the future holds. A heart encased in a blanket of bone cracking under the pressure, only temporarily forgotten behind hours of work.

A worried mother watches carefully over all, but not careful enough. Suffocating, influenceable emotions run wild through the halls as glass shatters around her. Acid threatens to corrode any that wish further harm to her children.

© 2020 RedWinterSkies


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on July 8, 2020
Last Updated on July 8, 2020
Tags: Vent

Author

RedWinterSkies
RedWinterSkies

WY



About
Just a dragon that enjoys writing sometimes! Mostly vent work at the moment but hopefully I’ll keep working at others! more..

Writing
Chaos Chaos

A Story by RedWinterSkies