Above a cliff.

Above a cliff.

A Story by Redina

 I’m taking the last piece of clothing off. My feet, bare and pale take their path along the cliff, until I’m there, at the very highest point of it, standing still, only having my hair put In a slow dance by the lovely breeze blowing. Held up by the hard rock, pushed downwards by the enormous sky, attracked by the infinite sparkling blue sea beneath me ; I’m amazed, totally in awe. It’s so beautiful I feel like crying. But also sad, very sad.

That enourmous sky isn’t free, he is cursed to stay up there for the rest of infinity, not being able to come down, stuck. And there’s the ground, with all it’s prettiness, it lies there, forced to stay still, always carrying “ the world “ , always wishing she could fly, meet the sky.

And then there’s the sea… The amazing flawless sea, with it’s stunning exterior, calming colorm peaceful waves, with the sun sleeping on it during the day and the Moon during night ; with all the life carried inside it. It’s totally free to reach for the sky, and free to kiss the ground every once in a while. It can’t reach the sky, but it has sky in each reflection , it can create such beautiful illusions, illusions that can fool you into thinking they are one, as calm, as quiet, as beautiful, as blue…

The sea unites continents, unites states , cities, people, it united the sky with the ground. The magical transparent sea ; giving life and taking lives sometimes. That sea which is love inside it’s happiness, lost inside it’s illusions, lost in a world where everything is stuck, excep itself. At that moment, the sea undertood how off it is, how alone, living in a labyrinth, eating itself…

And in that moment I let go. I fall from the cliff, feeling the strong air embracing my everything , I could see the waves waving at me as I fall free downwards. Three seconds of full freedom, full happiness.

And then I finally dive inside the mysterious blue sea dragging and pushing me up and down. Dancing with me. I could feel it’s power which was overcoming every cell of my body. That magical power slowly whispering to me. In that moment I knew, I was the sea ; the sea was me.

 

 

       R.L

© 2014 Redina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the sea. I did a lot of suicide boarding in the Pacific and the Atlantic. The poem led to the truth. If you allow yourself. The sea and you can become one. I liked your description leading to the powerful ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lovely and powerful. I love the imagery and the metaphors you use. This peace is well written and I look forward to may more like it. You are very talented.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like the ambiguity in meaning. The symbolism you've used here is also quite interesting. There are a few minor spelling mistakes. In order they are

1. attack
2. color
3. united should probably be unites
4. except

Keep practicing. Your thoughts are beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2014
Last Updated on October 25, 2014
Tags: sea, nature, philosophy, short story, thriller, poetry

Author

Redina
Redina

Tirane, Albania, Albania



About
Surrealist , artistic young woman with a passionate curiousity about the world. more..

Writing
Forgive me Forgive me

A Story by Redina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..