Dogs Are Awesome!

Dogs Are Awesome!

A Story by Regina Ann T
"

This is my personal feelings about dogs as I am an animal lover! A personal essay if you will. Dogs are one of the many things that I know and have experience with.

"
   Dogs are AWESOME! There I said it, I admit it, I am a huge dog lover. I have always loved dogs, going back to when I was a little kid. I fell in love with the big dogs, especially the St. Bernard, German Sheppard, Great Dane, Malamute, Husky and Golden Retrievers. Even over the last dozen years or so, there are even bigger dogs in the world. Take, for instance, the Leonberger from Germany. Wow, this is a huge dog. Looks like a small horse or small cow. Guess you could say that my motto is: the bigger the dog, the better!
   I, along with my husband, have now owned two German Sheppard mix dogs. They are THE BEST dog breed out there, hands down. They are VERY loyal, loving, protective, intelligent, funny, great with other dog breeds, and have awesome personalities. Our dog, Sadie, is a 67 lb lap dog baby and she is also very intelligent and so funny and loving. I think God knew we needed another dog. You see, we got Sadie from one of my husband's coworkers when she just turned 1 year old (she is now 4 as of November 2017). Holy cow, I cannot believe it's been that long already. 
 Back in March of 2014, we had to do the hardest thing in the world, if you are a dog lover/owner. We had to put down our beloved Snoopy (my husband found him running around in downtown South Bend on a very busy street). Snoopy was my husband's best friend for many years and he named him Snoopy for a great reason. You see, my husband is one of the biggest fans of the Peanuts comic strip, specifically, Snoopy himself. The picture you see of Snoopy in My Photos section is the last time we took him down to Bridgeton in Indiana. He was so happy that day. Snoopy loved car rides as does our big Sadie girl. Sadie is something else, let me tell you about her.
   She used to be afraid to go for a ride in a car. You could see her shaking the whole time in the car. But now, oh no no no. She knows what our cars keys look like and sound like. All one of us has to do is say, 'Sadie you want to go for a ride?' or 'Sadie, car ride". That's all it takes to get her to start barking and running around in circles like a crazy wild animal. She also jumps on the front door for a couple seconds too. She loves tennis balls, frisbees, walking, and hiking. I haven't tried the squeaky toys yet. Sadie also likes to smell my flowers in my garden. I always tell her, you better not try to eat any of my flowers and 'I'm the flower police I will arrest you!'. She ignores me usually or gives me a look like 'yeah right mom'.
   Sadie, as with all dogs, knows when one of us isn't feeling well. She will not leave my side or my husband's when we are under the weather. I just wish we could teach her how to cook, how to dance, drive to the store or be let in the store to do the shopping. Or to help us with chores around the house. Those things would make dogs extraordinary AWESOME!
   
   

© 2018 Regina Ann T


Author's Note

Regina Ann T
What do you think of the dialogue? What do you think of the topic?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 29, 2018
Last Updated on May 29, 2018

Author

Regina Ann T
Regina Ann T

Woodruff, SC



About
I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. I am married to an amazing man, and we have to dogs that I like to call our fury daughters. I am also a self-taught Photographer of 28 years. Besides writing,.. more..

Writing